• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Modafinil, how to get the most?

CrimsonRambeller820

Bluelighter
Hello, I'm wondering if anyone has any tips to get the most out of Moda. I'm currently on 100mg a day, and this is literally the best medicine for Adhd. It helps me focus, but it's not an overpowering drug that effect's take over my whole day. Compared to Concerta 27mg a day, this stuff is a godsend. It literally gives me a maluble key to take control of my life, being aware of my adhd, and using the effects of the medication as a tool to control how well my day goes. Essentially, one of the guys who put me on with the Moda knowledge, told me I should take it early, like 4am, sleep for another hour and then get the day started around 5. That is probably a little better than waking up naturally, but both the circadium rhythm of one's sleep & wake cycle and the synthetic modafinil way to get up and get busy has their benefits unique to each cycle. Anyway, I took one and fell asleep and when I woke up, I forgot I had already taken one and I took another one and so on 200mg I got so much done that I'd been needing to do. Would it be alright to tell my doc this? She can sense I'm about to ask for an increase, since I kind of hovered over the topic and settled on taking 50mg in the morning and another 50mg in the afternoon. Other than the rx jazz, is there a way I can make the fullest best most efficient use of this modafinil while it's in my system, mostly in the morning? It has stayed stimulating for 12 hours before, but since Ii take 100mg daily I would say I don't really get that effect except maybe once or twice in the month. Can I mix with blackcurrant juice, is it best to take with 100mg Lyrica, or should I space it out, should I just not smoke weed on the days I take this medication despite its low side effects? Please, if you have experience with modafinil or have Adhd and want to share your thoughts, please, by all means hit the thread up. I will try and answer as soon as I can. Thanks family ✌️

Hmm, you've discussed quite a lot there.

First of all, I wouldn't recommend trying to modify your sleep cycle like that unless it's actually convenient or necessary for you personally. Most people with ADHD tend to naturally have what non-ADHDers call 'Delayed Sleep Phase Syndrome', and we sleep later/get up later. There's nothing wrong with this. We're just wired different, and it's handy to have a group of people highly alert when others are practically comatose.

Second, I'm not surprised 200mg was more effective as it's not an outlandish dose for those with ADHD. Just like with any other stimulant, a higher dose is likely to enable you to get more done. Long term, however, it might drain your energy down too quickly (most of us really only have a finite amount of energy for tasks) and cause you to have poorer sleep, leading to a self-defeating cycle of high productivity followed by lethargy and fatigue, dose increases that lead to fewer gains, insomnia, then some kind of exhaustion and collapse, and so on.

What might be more helpful is to just take the 100mg in one dose in the morning after you wake up naturally (or the time you plan to be most productive) and just accept you'll get maybe 6-8 hours of decent productivity. And then to allow yourself to return to your normal 'baseline' before you go to sleep. Mixing your dose with blackcurrent or any other drink won't enhance the effect. And weed will likely blunt some of the effect, so I would avoid mixing with that if you want to be more productive.

Hmm, you've discussed quite a lot there.

First of all, I wouldn't recommend trying to modify your sleep cycle like that unless it's actually convenient or necessary for you personally. Most people with ADHD tend to naturally have what non-ADHDers call 'Delayed Sleep Phase Syndrome', and we sleep later/get up later. There's nothing wrong with this. We're just wired different, and it's handy to have a group of people highly alert when others are practically comatose.

Second, I'm not surprised 200mg was more effective as it's not an outlandish dose for those with ADHD. Just like with any other stimulant, a higher dose is likely to enable you to get more done. Long term, however, it might drain your energy down too quickly (most of us really only have a finite amount of energy for tasks) and cause you to have poorer sleep, leading to a self-defeating cycle of high productivity followed by lethargy and fatigue, dose increases that lead to fewer gains, insomnia, then some kind of exhaustion and collapse, and so on.

What might be more helpful is to just take the 100mg in one dose in the morning after you wake up naturally (or the time you plan to be most productive) and just accept you'll get maybe 6-8 hours of decent productivity. And then to allow yourself to return to your normal 'baseline' before you go to sleep. Mixing your dose with blackcurrent or any other drink won't enhance the effect. And weed will likely blunt some of the effect, so I would avoid mixing with that if you want to be more productive.
Man, this was just the answer I'm looking for. Thank you so much for thoroughly getting to all the potential issues I had. I've done what you said, and yesterday, I feel like I had a super productive day and completely had a great mindset up until the end of the day, and didn't smoke until a little before 11pm. So thank you for your advice, I'm so darn appreciative because as stupid as it sounds, I think I just needed to hear it from someone on the internet, rather than someone who may have an agenda or not know anything about bud. The effects of modafinil and THC are way more easy on my nervous system than Concerta and THC. It is true that weed may blunt modafinil, rather than cause a speedy amplification of methylphenidate like it did when I would get stoned on Concerta. Regardless, I'm realizing that I'm way less productive regardless of feeling normal when I take modafinil and smoke weed, as far as side effects go. I appreciate everything you said man, I have a doc appt any minute now, I assume it's going to go well. I don't think I'll ask for 200mg.

Reactions: CFC
Hello, I'm wondering if anyone has any tips to get the most out of Moda. I'm currently on 100mg a day, and this is literally the best medicine for Adhd. It helps me focus, but it's not an overpowering drug that effect's take over my whole day. Compared to Concerta 27mg a day, this stuff is a godsend. It literally gives me a maluble key to take control of my life, being aware of my adhd, and using the effects of the medication as a tool to control how well my day goes. Essentially, one of the guys who put me on with the Moda knowledge, told me I should take it early, like 4am, sleep for another hour and then get the day started around 5. That is probably a little better than waking up naturally, but both the circadium rhythm of one's sleep & wake cycle and the synthetic modafinil way to get up and get busy has their benefits unique to each cycle. Anyway, I took one and fell asleep and when I woke up, I forgot I had already taken one and I took another one and so on 200mg I got so much done that I'd been needing to do. Would it be alright to tell my doc this? She can sense I'm about to ask for an increase, since I kind of hovered over the topic and settled on taking 50mg in the morning and another 50mg in the afternoon. Other than the rx jazz, is there a way I can make the fullest best most efficient use of this modafinil while it's in my system, mostly in the morning? It has stayed stimulating for 12 hours before, but since Ii take 100mg daily I would say I don't really get that effect except maybe once or twice in the month. Can I mix with blackcurrant juice, is it best to take with 100mg Lyrica, or should I space it out, should I just not smoke weed on the days I take this medication despite its low side effects? Please, if you have experience with modafinil or have Adhd and want to share your thoughts, please, by all means hit the thread up. I will try and answer as soon as I can. Thanks family ✌️

Most people (especially ones who self-medicate "nootropics") usually start with 200mg so don't be worried about the dosage increase (your doc will most likely increase it to 200mg anyway). I self-medicated with modafinil 200mg for over a year and then switched to armodafinil 150mg (and stuck to the dose for another year); I personally found armodafinil 150mg to be more efficacious for ADHD compared to 200mg modafinil, I usually feel decreased focus after about 3-4 hours post onset (both take at least 1 hour onset) and I guess this is due to the fact that modafinil is racemic whereas armodafinil is R-isomer, so I guess I feel decreased drug action after one of the S-isomer gets excreated (R-isomer have half-life of 15 hour, while S-isomer have half-life of 4 hours). So armodafinl keeps me focused for 8-10 hours without decreased effect. So I would recommend you to give it a try if you haven't already (since I guess yours is prescribed -- but neither modafinil nor armodafinil is FDA-approved for ADHD).

Regarding THC, when I mix them, it usually makes me less drowsy... but I wouldn't suggest mixing. When I took high dose of THC, I usually get weed-hangovers for 3-4 days so neither of the drugs works so if you're going to take high-dose THC and do not have tolerance, it might mess with the efficacy to suppress ADD-symptoms during the hangover period (so I would suggest not taking high-dose THC in the first place or take a day or two break depending on the intensity of hangover). If you don't get hangovers, lucky for you, but hangovers use to be a major issue for me (which is the reason I quit THC).

I take 200mg it in the morning with caffeine and can function for 9-10 hours a day.

sublingual administration of modafinil actually works very well (despite people saying it doesn’t because of its insolubility in water) and prefers a slightly acidic environment in the gums. i’ve found crushing the tablet, mixing with a bit of citric acid and then propylene glycol as a permeability enhancer and applying sublingually leads to quicker onset, about the same half life, and slightly more absorption (from my perception) than oral.

Choline supplements help and so do megadose B vitamin complex’s like B50 for example.

They help with energy levels and making you think clearer, these effects only seem to happen at the higher doses, not just the standard 100% recommended daily allowance. 👍