• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Modafinil experiences

123bupe123

Greenlighter
What are your takes on modafinil high compared to other stimulants? Hows the euphoria?

Modafinil doesn't get you high. Its not a traditional stimulant, it doesn't produce euphoria or anything. It does have uses though. If you're taking a seditive and don't wanna pass out and waste the high, it'll keep you up. If you need to wake up early, keep it right next to your bed and take it first thing when you wake up. Its great for homework and tests too. If you take another stimulant with it, it'll increase your energy (but not the high).

Well, im about 2.5 hrs into 2g's (2,000 mgs) and its been moderately to minorly euphoric but now it's getting a little panicky feeling. Probably took too much. I started w 700mgs and kept popping more and more over the first 2hrs. Glad I have clonidine and Seroquel on hand just in case thst will block it if it gets too intense as norepinephrine and dopamine blockers. Hopefully it levels out a bit. Ive read many many posts around the web giving euphoric experiences. On a 1-10 scale of euphoria intensity id rate it at 3-4.5 with a quarter gram methAmp high rated at 8-9. A heroin/crystal shot or a speedball at probably a 10.
Im on 16mgs of bupe/day too and am about to be out. I was hoping the modafinil would keep withdrawal away like mAmp and amphetamines do so oddly well. My euphoria is up to a five now, after 0.75 mgs of clonidine the jitters are leveling off too. Feels like a definite version of tweeked. Probably a schedule III level high rather than a IV. Anyone know what the Tmax (Time to peak plasma concentration)of modafinil is? Half life of the S enantiomer is 15 hrs or so so in 12 hrs ill still have 1,000 mg plasma level lingering. Unless I employ Seroquel tonight which btw is a great stimulant (& LSD) reversal/rescue drug as a dopamine/NE/serotonin antagonist combo. I have to resist the strong amphetamine like urge to keep writing a 10,000 word intellectual sounding drug anylization. I'll give an update later if interested. :)

Modafinil is originally meant for people with narcolepsy since it keeps you awake and alert. Most people who don't have narcolepsy use it for that increased focus and concentration as well as alert feeling. It can be useful to help you study or get work done. So in terms of how it compares to other stimulants, it's rather weak. If you want to feel euphoria, there are plenty of better options.

In terms of effects it's kind of half way between amphetamine and caffeine (the latter with which it synergises well with).

You have a stimulation and wakefulness, but then you have none of the residual stimulation (I.e bruxism and the likes) of a classic stimulant, and certainly none of the euphoria or empathogenic effects.

Classic stimulants are okay if I'm looking to prolong wakefulness for whatever reason, but I don't find them very useful for overcoming fatigue - if I feel drowzy and take dexamphetamine, it will keep me awake, but I'll still feel drowzy.

Modafinil actually counters fatigue and induces a feeling of wakefulness rather than just extending the state I was in when I took it. Instead of a slightly edgy, sharpened senses state of alert, modafinil just makes me feel like I've caught up on sleep, had a decent meal and a couple of caffeinated beverages.

It works in a different way to other stimulants and has very little, if any, euphoria (I don't find it to increase appreciation of music or give any rushes for instance) but it is definitely useful stuff and I would say has some advantages over classic stimulants.

Well, im about 2.5 hrs into 2g's (2,000 mgs) and its been moderately to minorly euphoric but now it's getting a little panicky feeling. Probably took too much. I started w 700mgs and kept popping more and more over the first 2hrs. Glad I have clonidine and Seroquel on hand just in case thst will block it if it gets too intense as norepinephrine and dopamine blockers. Hopefully it levels out a bit. Ive read many many posts around the web giving euphoric experiences. On a 1-10 scale of euphoria intensity id rate it at 3-4.5 with a quarter gram methAmp high rated at 8-9. A heroin/crystal shot or a speedball at probably a 10.
Im on 16mgs of bupe/day too and am about to be out. I was hoping the modafinil would keep withdrawal away like mAmp and amphetamines do so oddly well. My euphoria is up to a five now, after 0.75 mgs of clonidine the jitters are leveling off too. Feels like a definite version of tweeked. Probably a schedule III level high rather than a IV. Anyone know what the Tmax (Time to peak plasma concentration)of modafinil is? Half life of the S enantiomer is 15 hrs or so so in 12 hrs ill still have 1,000 mg plasma level lingering. Unless I employ Seroquel tonight which btw is a great stimulant (& LSD) reversal/rescue drug as a dopamine/NE/serotonin antagonist combo. I have to resist the strong amphetamine like urge to keep writing a 10,000 word intellectual sounding drug anylization. I'll give an update later if interested. :)

2000mg is a lot of modafinil. A standard dose is about 200mg so it's little wonder you're feeling panicky.

I've taken pretty excessive doses myself and that involved constant redosing of 200mg tablets (probably up to about 600-800mg). I was kind of hoping for some kind of amphetamine effect, and the closest I came was sort of feeling like I was on the verge of coming up, but it just never remotely happening. No bruxism, no rushes... it just made me anxious like happened to you.

Taking excessive amounts really is pretty pointless with this stuff. I think there is a euprohira, but only in the same way that a cup of coffee can be euphoric. Not something really significant or worth chasing. You'll never get there.

Don't take more than 600 man, 2000 is way too much. There's no chance of fatality till 4,000 mg so it's not like you're gonna OD, but doses higher than 600 mg don't increase the main effects but still increase the side effects. If you wanna go to huge doses, try armodafinil. Simalar to modafinil, but stronger and doesn't stop getting stronger after a certain amount, like modafinil.

Warning: high doses turned me into a fucking zoned out weirdo and still praying itll stop. Horrible.l

Warning: high doses turned me into a fucking zoned out weirdo and still praying itll stop. Horrible.l

Just try and chill out and get some sleep. :)

And to anybody reading this and thinking of high dose modafinil... Don't waste it!

You should probably have taken some 1st gen antihistamines on the come down to block its histaminergic effect. NE and DA blockers won't do much for that.

Why first generation antihistamines? I use those to decrease the cognitive enhancing effects of amphetamine and modafinil.

Maybe it's simply for the 1st gens come with the drowsiness, which could help you get some rest on the comedown. I'm sure there's a more scientific reason 1st gen antihistamines are better for this purpose, but it is what it is.

On another note, does modafinil give you that urge to do work like amps? Like that good feeling you get while doing usually boring chores while amped up, where you want to do productive things forever. I'm well experienced with stims and quite a few other things, but I'm getting a bunch of modafinil soon. I'm not entirely sure of what to expect in the productivity department.

Why first generation antihistamines? I use those to decrease the cognitive enhancing effects of amphetamine and modafinil.

I only meant during the comedown. Neuroleptics alone probably wouldn't be enough to achieve sleep after that much modafinil. You'd need to reverse/block the histaminergic effect as well. And failure to do so probably added to the poor/zombie-like recovery.

Modafinil is originally meant for people with narcolepsy since it keeps you awake and alert. Most people who don't have narcolepsy use it for that increased focus and concentration as well as alert feeling. It can be useful to help you study or get work done. So in terms of how it compares to other stimulants, it's rather weak. If you want to feel euphoria, there are plenty of better options.
please discuss "better options"

I can acquire Modafinil but would rather try Adderall but have not found any in a blister pack. I steer clear of Loose pills. Mostly stick to blister packs from our red dot friends