• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Modafinil, benzos and related drugs

Hi guys.

As you can see I've snipped out the price discussion from the above posts. Can we keep it out please? I don't fancy another issue like we had over in the H thread.

Haha, cheers Ismene, don't want to piss people off like but it has to be done!

Anyway, I like that hard man thing, I may try to keep that persona.... Grrrr!

Sorry I didn't think the amounts we were talking about would be considered bulk, although from the prices you would certainly think so! :!

Out of interest what was the issue with pricing in the heroin thread?
I thought pricing for non bulk amounts was allowed in EADD?

On a slightly more related note, although my benzo use is nothing compared to what i've heard others using, it's slightly more regular than I feel comfortable with. Has anyone here ever used modafinil to block the effects of benzos in an attempt to reduce their desire to take them?

I've not tried it but the thought had crossed my mind. Would be great if it could block the action of long acting benzos to combat next day grogginess.

IMO, using modafinil with a benzo is a classic case of balancing uppers and downers to get to the "right" state (which can change based on the situation so different dosages and even routes of administrations are a good idea). It works and can be very effective. I actually use modafinil + gabapentin and it works just as well as using modafinil + alprazolam for me, and the former choice I'd argue is the far less dangerous one in terms of addiction/dependence.

Can you call modafinil an upper? I suppose there's some vague upper feeling if you havn't taken it for 6 months but otherwise it's just feeling slightly more alert than usual.

I guess it's more that you don't get tired rather than that you feel "awake" and "wired" really isn't it.

Munroe - Re: The Heroin thread - During the hight of the drought, there were people who started taking advantage of the ability to post prices (if you catch my drift).
Besides, there's not much use in posting prices. You could just say "I had to pay more than usual / I didn't have to pay out of my arse with a cock in it" instead ;)

That makes sense I suppose with regards to H as users would have some sort of idea of the general price range.

Don't understand the rationale behind not allowing price discussion for obscure stuff like modafinil though, seems like it'll just help people not get shafted, either by paying too much or paying far too little and buying fake dangerous pills.
Like in the mdma thread, if people know that a decent pill costs in the region of X amount and they've been offered them much cheaper they can probably deduce that the pills they've been offered are shite and bad for them.

On the other side of the coin I suppose the market for modafinil isn't the sort of thing to be riddled with unscrupulous folk dealing fakes, just either containing modafinil or not.

I was thinking of buying some modafinil today...then I saw the price! :|

I think I tried it years ago and didn't get much from it and after reading this thread I doesn't sound up to much anyway.

Depends what you want it for. What were you after?
Generic brands are available fairly cheap but the name brand stuff seems to cost a fortune.

How much for generics? I was wanting it to see if it helped increase focus, I need something to clear the brain fog and wake me up a bit. Last night I took 2 zinc tablets (I'd read zinc deficiency can cause poor memory, focus etc amongst other things) then started drinking rum and cokes. Now I don't know if it was the zinc or the caffeine but I was super focused, I spent 8hrs writing just under 10,000 words without a break. I had been lazy as fuck all day and didn't think I'd do any of it and I don't usually notice increased concentration from caffeine, usually just makes me anxious.

Less than £6 for 10.
Apparently magnesium also helps with cognitive function

How much coke did you drink, unless you're super sensitive to caffeine or drank a bucket load it seems unlikely it would have had that much if an effect.

There is 96mg of caffeine in one litre of Coke Zero or Coca‑Cola and 128mg in a litre of Diet Coke. This equates to about 32mg in a 330ml can of Coca‑Cola and 42mg in a 330ml can of Diet Coke. To help put this in context, a mug of tea contains about 75mg of caffeine and a mug of coffee provides about 100mg of caffeine.

I had several rum and cokes over the course of writing the 10,000 words, over about 4-6hrs (not sure exactly when I started and stopped actually). I've just drank a pint of coke now and I can't say I feel particularly motivated to do anything. Going to go take the zinc now.

Do you think the alcohol might have played a part, not sure how often you drink like that, wine and spirits have a totally different effect on me or it always seemed that way. I think getting a higher concentration of alcohol into you more quickly definitely effects the overall experience, but I was a hopeless piss head :D

I drink fairly regularly, have been drinking rum almost every night for the past week and a half. I can't see that motivating me much tbh.

Right then forget the stims I'll have to get some Zinc in, I was looking at Modafinil the other day as I feel quite tired in the day but I reckon that's down to lack of sleep so it ain't a great idea to start back on the stim / crash cycle ..again

I've just taken a couple of zinc tablets so if the productiveness returns I might be onto something. I've been reading about it and apparently a lot of men are deficient which causes fatigue, bad sleep, insomnia, irritable moods, brain fog, all symptoms which I have. On a some forums I was reading a lot of the guys are taking pretty high doses and claiming great results from them. Standard dose is 10mg (100% of your RDA) and you don't seem to get anything higher in the shops here but these guys are taking anywhere up to 500mg a day which I think can be a bit risky. High doses of minerals can be bad for you. I'm testing out a couple a day at first to see what the effects are like, will up the dose later.