Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Moclobemide to potentiate smoked DMT

floopik

Greenlighter
Hello all, new poster long-time lurker.

I've smoked DMT about 15 times but so far haven't been able to break through. I've definitely tried in earnest a number of times, often using the same stuff that sends my friends into hyperspace. I believe I must be a DMT 'hard-head'; this is consistent with my experience on other tryptamines as well.

Now, I was able to procure some samples of moclobemide, an RIMA (MAOI). I've read of people using other MAOIs to potentiate the smoked experience, and most of the time it ends up enhancing the duration and strength of the experience quite a lot. So I was wondering if there was a way to gauge the intensity of the experience so I don't go hurtling head-over-heels into hyperspace. I have two packets of decently strong changa that can be smoked in about 2 good bong hits a piece, as well as about 40mg of freebase DMT that I will melt into the rest of the changa just before smoking. This is the same stuff that blasted my friend in 2 hits, though it was his first time. Does anyone know a good dosage for the moclobemide?

Also, I've read of people that do ayahuasca before trying smoked DMT to help accustom themselves to the experience. I can always go back and buy some more DMT if it would be wise to do pharmahuasca first (Not necessarily during the experience, but more as a primer for the smoked journey).

I have found ayahuasca to be completely different from smoked DMT and Changa and would not use it as a warm-up before smoking session...if anything, this would just make me nauseous and reluctant to engage in any mind-expanding activity
You mention having Changa at your disposal; are you referring to plant material that is infused with BOTH DMT and harmine/harmaline? If so, moclobemide would be not necessary. I have not used moclobemide myself but have sampled Changa and must say that the experience is not necessary sharper, but on the contrary, more mellow and stretched out intensity- and time-wise than pure DMT. I have found i harder to breakthrough on Changa than on pure DMT enhanced leaf when using equal weights of material, but this is probably because Changa contains relatively less DMT since some part of the weight is made up of harmine/harmaline.

I think this changa is pretty much just DMT-enhanced leaf. I believe it is made with b.caapi leaf, but it must be somewhat low-grade because the experiences don't last nearly as long as I've read they can when the caapi does its job as an MAOI. That's why I have the moclobemide - as an oral MAOI it should last a bit longer.

When used orally 300mg is always good. I don't know if you'd need as much for smoked tho - perhaps try 150mg and see how you go.

I think this changa is pretty much just DMT-enhanced leaf. I believe it is made with b.caapi leaf, but it must be somewhat low-grade because the experiences don't last nearly as long as I've read they can when the caapi does its job as an MAOI. That's why I have the moclobemide - as an oral MAOI it should last a bit longer.

I think the issue with changa is that the MAOi and the DMT are consumed simultaneously. In terms of ayahuasca blends, it is more effective to consume the MAOi portion before the DMT to allow the enzymatic inhibition a chance to peak in effect. That said, changa definitely lasts for longer then smoked DMT, but not by a huge amount, and doesn't really resemble ayahuasca that closely. Inhibiting MAO in the gut is perhaps unneeded if your problem is a natural tolerance to tryptamines. One would think that higher dosing is all that would be required...

I second that. IME, the most important aspect of whether you breathrough or not is the smoking technique, provided the dosage is adequate.

Maybe you are hitting it to hard, and not remembering anything. If you want my advice I'd stick to natural mao inhibitors. Preload orally on b caapi preferably. It is true it will ease you in more gently, but when I did caapi and my normal dose of dmt, it sent me somewhere else completely for ~20mins. It also helped me remember things more and significantly legethed the come down time. Plus if you orally dose the maoi you can save the changa if you ever want to go back in.

Thank you all for the suggestions. I think I will just use the moclobemide as I have plenty of it and wouldn't have to buy anything extra. Not that I'm opposed to using caapi, just that I already have the moclobemide and it seems easier in a number of ways - diet restrictions, nausea, time spent making the brew, etc. I will report back here in a few days after I move into my new house and get settled in my new city. It should be a good way to ring in such a major transition in my life.