• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

MMT and alcohol

Aporia

Bluelighter
I've been on MMT for three weeks. My dose is 70mg and has been for almost a week. Saturday night I went out drinking. It's the only night that I can drink since I get breathalyzer tests ever morning before I dose. That was also the last time I will be going out drinking for quite a while. Apparently I got so drunk I blacked out and I don't remember anything that happened that night (and I guess I was pretty out of it and was calling people other peoples names).
The next morning when I went to take my dose I threw it up (I was so hungover I couldn't keep anything down).
Well, due to throwing up my dose, I went into w/d, which made things worse. I had some left over perks that I was going to try and use to keep from being too sick, but I was so sick that I threw up the first ten I tried to take, so I stayed sick for a while until I was able to slowly swallow one pill at a time over the course of thirty minutes later in the day. I still felt like absolute crap, but at least it stopped me throwing up and allowed me to sleep on and off until it was 4/5am ish. Then I got up to take a few more meds because I had a meeting with my counselor at the clinic and I didn't want to be in w/d for that meeting at 7am. I got to dose at 7am and see my counselor and then went home. I figured my dose might actually hit me a lot harder than normal because I had missed a dose, but for some reason I am barely feeling ok. I still feel just a little dope sick and when I've tried to sleep/nap I can't seem to sleep. Normally by this time of the day, if I were to close my eyes and rest I'd be able to fall right to sleep, but I can't.

So my question is-could the amount of alcohol I drank on Saturday effected my body's ability to metabolize my methadone?

I just don't understand why I'm not feeling my dose today. I feel really crappy!

I didn't really think I drank too much, or not more than I normally drink, but maybe it was the methadone built up in my system that caused me to get drunker than I normally would have? That was only the second time I've drank while on the program, and I think it's going to be my last.
Thanks!

Last edited:
Damnit frustrates on mobile whenever I go to edit a post it just gets deleted instead.

Anyway short answers now. Alcohol and opiates are synergistic. So on 70mg of done you will feel more drunk than not on any done.

I don't think the alcohol has any effect on your next dose of done either. No reason it should have. Possibly the percs could be the culprit tho unlikely. Idk. Perhaps discuss it with your counselor or the doctor. Maybe you need a higher dose to hold you.

N lastly give your liver a break man percs are awful with apap plus alcohol and add in the methadone for extra effort.. Your liver is not very happy with you today.