• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Mmmmm.... I ate San Pedro Cactus.

Mescaline is available now 60 quid a gram i think
I just found a source for synthetic mescaline by the gram......

I hate you both ;)

Around here cactus prices are just getting more and more expensive, I pay 4x what I did when I first started using cacti 15yrs back.

Synthetic Mescaline will be the way of the future with cacti availability and prices only getting worse as time goes on.

Getting myself a good couple of doses ready for 3wks from now, it’s gonna be magical.

-GC

What a waste of 30 inches of cactus, which should have been a decent dose. I once tried to blend dried cactus flesh powder with ice cream so reading this made me puke in my mouth a little bit
I had the exact same reaction. Yuck
Sounds so fucking disgusting

I have a bunch of live san pedro. Some it is about 15 years old and pretty large. Only way I'd take it is via an A/B extraction which I'd sort of like to do. But...im also concerned with tripping for 10 hours. I still have some 2-CB-FLY ive been avoided (which cant be nearly as good as mescaline).

Can't imagine eating that plant gunk. The acid base extraction seems simple but they always seem simple.

Mescaline was a pretty intense drug IME...I had read online after my purchase that mescaline was supposed to be one of the more "mellow" psychedelic-hallucinogen experiences but it definitely wasn't that for me, it took a while to kick in but once in did it was sudden and I tripped ballz.

Then again it could've been anything lol, I bought four gel caps from a random cab driver and that's what he said it was, mescaline derived from the san pedro cactus (and hey, if you can't trust rando drug dealers who can ya trust?). People told me since then that you need to consume a bunch of plant matter to get the mescaline experience, not just a small amount of some crystalline substance at the bottom of a gel cap so who knows. Whatever it was, it was a pretty potent drug...I was still quite high over 12 hours after consuming one cap, I eventually resorted to a Xanax to get some sleep.

I’ve never eaten San Pedro and from the sounds of it, it seems a lot of work for very little reward. In fact it almost sound like no one has ever been really successful getting high from it. Everywhere I have ever read on this site and others seem to be very disappointed in the whole experience. Doesn’t sound worth it all.

🧙‍♂️
Apparently it sometimes works, it's a bit screwy, and the cacti are high maintenance from what I hear, at least in order to grow it right.
I had 0 experience with the cacti themselves though, only extract

I have never really tripped on San Pedro, but I only tried it twice, both times the experience was rather meh, and nothing I'd count as a mescaline trip. However a friend swears it's great when it does hit.

Mescaline was a pretty intense drug IME...I had read online after my purchase that mescaline was supposed to be one of the more "mellow" psychedelic-hallucinogen experiences but it definitely wasn't that for me, it took a while to kick in but once in did it was sudden and I tripped ballz.

Then again it could've been anything lol, I bought four gel caps from a random cab driver and that's what he said it was, mescaline derived from the san pedro cactus (and hey, if you can't trust rando drug dealers who can ya trust?). People told me since then that you need to consume a bunch of plant matter to get the mescaline experience, not just a small amount of some crystalline substance at the bottom of a gel cap so who knows. Whatever it was, it was a pretty potent drug...I was still quite high over 12 hours after consuming one cap, I eventually resorted to a Xanax to get some sleep.
sudden is not mescaline :/

Mescaline takes hours to slooowly build. When you're peaking it's insane though.
You likely had some form of 2C-Mystery Drug.

edit: that's why it's considered so mellow, because it really eases you into the trip, and doesn't hit you in the face right away.
At the peak it's absoutely wild, and should never be underestimated.

Last edited:
Yeah I can see how that might be the case.

It was unlike the come up of any drug I've ever taken before or since...for the first one, maybe even approaching two hours I didn't feel much of anything, maybe a bit "off" and lethargic, like I'd taken some kind of intoxicant but no visuals or real pronounced body-load, none of the traditional psychedelic-hallucinogen experience...

I was just sitting in my room, lights on, and suddenly my whole room plunged into darkness. Like within the span of just a few seconds, it was the most sudden onset of any drug like that that I've ever taken. After that it was game-over for my reality, and like I said I was still very high after twelve hours. It was also unlike other hallucinogens like LSD or psilocybin in that I didn't get any kind of "afterglow" afterwards, in fact I felt depressed for a week after consuming the drug lol. When I was high I remember laughing til my face hurt, though, so I thought that I just needed to re-up on dopamine

Yeah I can see how that might be the case.

It was unlike the come up of any drug I've ever taken before or since...for the first one, maybe even approaching two hours I didn't feel much of anything, maybe a bit "off" and lethargic, like I'd taken some kind of intoxicant but no visuals or real pronounced body-load, none of the traditional psychedelic-hallucinogen experience...

I was just sitting in my room, lights on, and suddenly my whole room plunged into darkness. Like within the span of just a few seconds, it was the most sudden onset of any drug like that that I've ever taken. After that it was game-over for my reality, and like I said I was still very high after twelve hours. It was also unlike other hallucinogens like LSD or psilocybin in that I didn't get any kind of "afterglow" afterwards, in fact I felt depressed for a week after consuming the drug lol. When I was high I remember laughing til my face hurt, though, so I thought that I just needed to re-up on dopamine
I've had some of these 2C-XYZs, and some of them are pretty damned awesome.
The high is closely related to mescaline, but still doesn't quite work the same way.

The father of a friend of mine does these amazing mescaline mountain hikes. Before you start you drink the mesca, and then you go on a six hour mountain hike. It's fucking brilliant, because the further you go the more tripped out you become. Once you're at the top it's a fucking mindgasm looking down at the world from up there. [disclaimer: he is the tripsitter during these hikes and doesnt take anything to take care of everyone]

2C-X can take a little, but not much more than 2 hours, 3 hours tops, then they kick in hard. Real mescaline can take 8-10 hours before you peak, it can come a little faster, or a little slower, but the trip will gradually get more and more intense. At the start it feels a bit like having a little buzz going, but not much else, heh :D

Its no use mixing the pedro with ice cream - its like putting ketchup on a turd - it doesnt taste better it just tastes like a turd with ketchup.
I'm sure it tastes much worse. Probably best not to touch that brew with your tongue at all

I remember spending 3 days "preparing" then taking one sip and saying "fuck that"
reminds me of trying psychotrope truffles that had mold on them.
fuck that was so..so..so undescribably, utterly disgusting :D
I can't put it in words. And then the trip was lame xD that was the worst part

Cactus is really not bad. I've tasted much, much worse substances, natural or otherwise. I actually kind of like the taste of cactus.

If you're not used to tasting conventionally unpleasant tastes, like herbal tinctures, various types of bitter chemicals, etc. I can understand it being disgusting. But if you have experience with weird plants already, it's not even near the worst.