• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Mixing heroin with alcohol

Cpt.Tosh

Greenlighter
I am looking for some more information about the effects of mixing heroin with alcohol. I understand its a deadly combination but I am curious how alcohol tolerance can effect the combination.

Also I am curious about the effects of mixing heroin with caffeine...

I am looking for extensive information regarding these three drug combos. Thanks

Alcohol and Opiates don't mix well, they bring out each others side effects; you'll black out, probably vomit, feel sick, be nearly paralyzed during the "high". That is if you don't die. I've nursed a beer over an hour (not very tolerant to alcohol), and it floored me when I was only on a little hydrocodone (moderate tolerance). My alcoholic friend had a beer while on hydrocodone too (opposite of me, he rarely uses opiates) and felt like he was going to die. I just wouldn't do it, it muddies and dirties the high. If you must mixing a GABAergic drug with your opioid, then try a benzodiazepine. They are much "cleaner" than alcohol. You have to be tolerant to both, benzos and opiates though. Lower your opioid dose and take threshold effects dose of your benzo. It's still very dangerous and not recommend to beginners but not as bad as mixing alcohol with dope.

Caffiene mixing great. I drink a lot of green tea while I'm on dope, the heroin masks caffeine's negative jittery racing heart side effects. The only thing is I drink way more caffeine than I can handle sober when I'm high so the caffeine wds makes my heroin wds worse.

Last edited:
The alcohol will cause severe respiratory depression if combined with Heroin and will also remove the euphoric properties of the drug. Not a safe mix at all, avoid it.
Caffeine just helps with nodding. I drink tons of caffeine on opiates.

Aside from the danger from mixing CNS depressants, I find that drinking alcohol on H or any opiate really, completely kills the high. They do not mix well.

Aside from the danger from mixing CNS depressants, I find that drinking alcohol on H or any opiate really, completely kills the high. They do not mix well.

Anything that acts on GABA will remove almost any drugs euphoric properties.

That's subjective. GABA agonists make weed, dxm, and amphetamine, much more euphoric for me.

Was more of a personal opinion. If I take any GABA agonist on any drug (benzos especially) that has euphoric properties they will be non existent. If I take a benzo with an amphetamine I won't even feel the amphetamine.

It kills celebrities.

Don't post things that have nothing at all to do with the thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll probably catch hell for saying this, but i like drinking one or two beers before an evening shot of heroin because it makes it feel more sedating to me. I never drink in excess with it, but a little bit intensifies effects for me.

^ Don't advocate blatantly horrible HR advice. You have been here long enough to realize that.

Sorry, but it seemed like you were all lying to the op. Notice i didn't advocate drinking more than one or two drinks anyway. I knew i'd catch hell for that but you guys didn't seem like you were coming off as honest.

I've drank on opiates and I always end up wishing I hadn't. Maybe a tiny dose of hydrocodone and a couple beers but the OP is talking about mixing heroin with alcohol. Heroin is considerably stronger than hydrocodone. I remember when I first tried hydromorphone I drank half a bottle of Miller High Life and could literally feel every sip of alcohol making me more fucked up (and not in a good way). Aside from the safety issues discussed, I find alcohol completely kills the opiate high and increases the side effects (namely nausea) as others have said.

TL;DR:

Drinking alcohol on heroin (or opiates in general) isn't worth the risk.

Mixing caffeine with heroin on the other hand, is safe and effective. It is common in medicine for doctors to give patients opioids and then add a stimulant (such as caffeine, ephedrine, dexamphetamine or methylphenidate) on top of the opioid to reduce the sedative/"noddy" effects of the opioid and allow the patient to stay awake.

if youre not experienced, you will puke a lot, and likely be overwhelmed. possibly to a dangerous level

if you are experienced, the alcohol will kick the dope out of your system much quicker than it would normally, and you will be in withdrawals much quicker

its a decent combo, but not great. not worth the risk really

I agree with NT. I've regrettably done this quite a bit actually, and in retrospect, it was a huge waste of smack. It would always just make me reallly drunk. There is nothing remotely safe nor entertaining about this combo.

You will probably not be as lucky as me. You will most likely choke on your own vomit, not even knowing you died.

if you are experienced, the alcohol will kick the dope out of your system much quicker than it would normally, and you will be in withdrawals much quicker

Yeah I've noticed this happening recently when I started drinking more after using. The dope seems to ware off and I get sick much faster than If I didn't touch any booze.

Like everyone else said this combo = fail.

It will cause excessive sweating, nausea and speed up metabolism and leave you in withdrawals earlier than usually.

Whenever I drank on dope I somehow managed to wake up with worse hangovers than usually. Also the morning fix isn't all that great if you're already nauseous when you wake up.

Caffeine on the other hand is great to combine with opiates. Have a cup of coffee and leave the beer for another day.

I think i misinterpreted the topic since everyone seems to be talking about drinking alcohol while already high on heroin/opiates. I don't bother drinking after i've had a shot usually, i was just mentioning that a hit usually feels more intense and more pleasurable if i'vehad a drink or two beforehand. I would agree though that after doing a shot of heroin drinking alcohol on top ofthat would probably just make you feel nauseous or too tired to feel good. Sorry for the confusion, and remember mixing alcohol with any CNS depressant is a dangerous thing and not to be toyed with since your life may be at stake!

caffeine greatly reduces the half-life of the ingested opiate.

Last edited:
^Why is this the case with Caffeine? Because of increased metabolism? And what about nicotine?

Sorry 4 offtopic but it has been stated that alcohol and opioids don't belong together at all. Even with lower potent opioids it is just unpleasant and destroys the fine and much better Opi-high. Why tainting it with one of the worst drugs ever?