• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Mixing Heroin and Kratom?

shadowstryker

Bluelighter
Mixing Heroin and Kratom? (report added)

Okay, I'm asking this out of pure curiosity. I tried to research it but I couldn't find any info on anyone trying this before. To sum it up, I use heroin and, when I have no heroin, I use kratom recreationally (as well as to help with withdrawals).

Kratom gives me a high very similar to cannabis. Like, extremely similar to it. Red eyes, hunger, everything. Because of this I'm a little curious, would heroin and kratom mix well? Would it increase the risk of overdose at all? I'm mainly curious because after I finish this batch of dope I intend to quit. Or try to at least.

Last edited:
I use oxycodone and Kratom together on a regular basis. Seems to work fine. Hope that helps a little.

There isn't much point in mixing them unless you don't have enough of one or both. In that case, you can use some kratom to potentiate your heroin or vice versa. Mixing them at higher doses increases the risk of nausea, dizziness and probably overdose as well.

Od -> bdd
Thanks kleiner

There isn't much point in mixing them unless you don't have enough of one or both. In that case, you can use some kratom to potentiate your heroin or vice versa. Mixing them at higher doses increases the risk of nausea, dizziness and probably overdose as well.
Makes sense, that's what I assumed as they both act on opioid receptors I believe. I'll try this soon and report back, but there has to be a different effect than just potentiation as kratom has an entirely different high than heroin to me.

I guess, as both Heroin and Kratom have Opioid Receptor activity, that combining the two would increase the risk of overdose. I can't speak as to whether or not there would be true synergy a la Benzodiazepines/Opioids or Ethanol/Opioids or just a cumulative effect, but either way, just exercise caution.

I guess, as both Heroin and Kratom have Opioid Receptor activity, that combining the two would increase the risk of overdose. I can't speak as to whether or not there would be true synergy a la Benzodiazepines/Opioids or Ethanol/Opioids or just a cumulative effect, but either way, just exercise caution.
Yes I will definitely exercise caution with the possible overdose risk. I'll probably try low dose heroin + kratom, vice versa, and moderate doses of both. I'll be sure to report back on how it goes for anyone else who is looking to try this. Who knows, could be really nice.

Okay guys, I just mixed heroin and kratom for the first time. I IVed a little over 30mg of #4 heroin (probably around 80-85% purity), about 80%of my typical dose , as well as 30g of kratom, about 50% of my typical dose. I will report back when the kratom kicks in. :)

So far the kratom seems to have significantly increased the body high, almost switching it from a sedation to an actual body numbing effect. My mind is also getting that slight weed-effect I spoke of earlier, however not all that strong likely due to the lower dose. All in all I find the two drugs to have quite a nice synergy to them.

Edit: I should also add that the kratom seems to have no effect on my respiration, but that could possibly be because I took a lower dose than usual. I don't feel like the kratom increases the risk of an overdose all that much, but I'll have to try this mix a few more times to be certain.

Last edited:
It has been almost three hours. The high from the heroin us wearing off, but for some reason I am feeling nauseous. Very very slight nausea, but it is apparent so it's worth noting I suppose. Not sure why it was so delayed though...

Hey Shadowstryker, just throwing this out there, how about preserving your experience for posterity in the form of a Trip Report?

Hey Shadowstryker, just throwing this out there, how about preserving your experience for posterity in the form of a Trip Report?
I will be writing a full trip report soon, don't worry. I only posted a short report in this thread because it's likely others in the future will have the same question I had.

Hey guys, I know it's been quite a while since this thread was made but I have been clean off heroin for a while, so I haven't been able to follow up. Anyway, I mixed heroin and kratom today. I took a normal dose of heroin, and after 30 minutes I took a normal dose of kratom. There was no change in effect after taking the kratom, at least nothing that felt like the cannabis-like high I often get from kratom. However it did increase the nodding-effect from the heroin. A lot.

TL;DR: Mixing kratom and heroin just makes it easier to nod out.

Too bad it looks like Kratom is going bye bye.
This is true. On the bright side, though, I work at a headshop that sells 20x kratom extracts. I was also told that, should the legislation pass, I can have all of the kratom we have in the warehouse for free since we can't sell it, so I will be more than well stocked.

Kratom usually feels extremely similar to weed to me in high doses, so I am actually really surprised that the only effect change I got when mixing it with heroin was increased nodability.

Not too long ago while waiting for a dealer to drop some H off, I was dope sick and needed something while I sat waiting for the guy.

I remembered I had like 5g of some of what was said was the better kratom around my area. I popped the capsules and waited. About a half hour later I was able to taste the kratom in my stomach each time I burped. Then KNOCK knock dealer showed up.

I don't even think I waited long enough to see if the kratom was actually going to help any, and shot about .15g of medium to strong quality dope.

I didn't notice much, maybe a little increase in euphoria, but the heroin definitely had way more pronounced effects.