• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Mixing DXM with hydrocodone

Status
Not open for further replies.

murph29

Greenlighter
This is only my 2nd post as I'm is new to this site and was unsure where to post such a question. Here goes:

routinely take 5 norco 10/325 with 75mg diphenhydramine to feel good. The high from this dose is starting to lessen from tolerance and is wondering if the following would intensify or help the high:

400 mg tagamet 45 minutes prior to hydrocodone ingestion

30 - 60mg DXM 30 minutes prior to hydrocodone ingestion

Finally, 75mg diphenhydramine taken simultaneously with 50mg hydrocodone

Will the high be noticeably different than normal by adding the cimetidine(tagamet) and DXM? have heard mixed reports that DXM can both lower opiate tolerance and/or potentiate it.

Any knowledgeable advice is welcome, and sorry in advance for not knowing if this is the correct thread to post this in. Also posted in homeless thread. thanks

It may and more than likely will help, but we all respond differently to meds. Be careful with what you are doing is all I can say. Hope somebody else with more experience comes in and helps.

Also, come on in to the BDD Social Thread, you may get faster answers there and maybe some ribbing as well. Its pretty much no rules to a point ofc. But come on over!!!

does DXM potentiate or just lower the 'normal' amount of opiate needed? or would it still be safe to take 50mg DXM 30 min prior to taking 40-50mg hydrocodone?

They will both help to potentiate the Hydrocodone.

I would ask that you don't make repeat threads in different sub-forums.

if you truly are unsure where to post something then the homeless forum is a good place to start - don't make a thread there AND in here.

BDD IS the appropriate forum so I'll leave this, however as Aveo said the social thread is nearly always pumping and a good place to ask questions.

Please take the time to read each forums guidelines so that you understand where posts belong. The BDD guidelines are linked in my signature.

It'll make the buzz stronger because dxm reacts on the same receptors as opiates, but you have to watch out for the dose of dxm to oxy or whatever your choice is because it will slow down your respiratory system

alright thanks and will do, like i said this is my first time to ever really use any forum type of site so i'm a 'noob' when it comes to posting manners....but i'll read over the guidelines and whatnot and not double post anymore, peace

smkepiff: I'm only planning to dose 50mg DXM Hbr and 40mg hydrocodone to start.

I'll add the cimetidine another time after i see how i react alone with just dxm and hydro.....i'm used to doing 50mg hydro with diphenhydramine and tagamet all the time so i figured the dxm/hydro by itself combo shouldnt be too much

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah thats probably a perfect start as far as dose. see how that goes but from what i know for the average user that'd be fine, remeber though dxm needs an hour to get in your system

and i bought the vicks 44 liquid syrup of JUST dxm Hbr 30mg per 15mL dose.....any advantages to taking it in liquid form versus gelcap (i.e. robotussin caps?)

not really man just what you prefer if thats even possible to prefer one or the other lol. unless you bombing just dxm it doesnt matter

and you said it takes about an hour for the DXM to get actively into your system so common sense leads me to believe taking the DXM dose t - 1:00 before dosing the norcos?? just dbl checking

wondering if i should still take the benadryl(diphenhydramine) to control the itchies or if that'll be too much CNS depression at one time? never had a problem with it in the past when i'd dose 400mg tagamet, 40mg hydro, 75mg diphenhydramine, and 20mg valium

and no, since my norcos are 10/325 i figure taking 4-5 of them isn't THAT harsh on my liver......i try to stay away from anything over 1500mg APAP....I'll only CWE if what i'm trying to take is more than 1500mg apap

And i also only take hydrocodone 1-2x per day so i'm never even going over the 4000mg daily limit....usually average about 3000-3200mg APAP daily spread over 2 doses 12 hours apart

jw lol i drink a little more than i should so i like to keep my liver happy if i can lol, seriously you;ll be just fine by the sounds of it you probably wont need the diph, unless you really wanna nod

well normally i dont even nod when i take hydro and diph alone.....so you think the DXM will help me get into a nod? i havent nodded off hydro since i last took it with 20mg valiums...I'd love to nod off of it again, and if DXM is the answer then great

wish i could be of more help but my opiates were morphine and codeine, and what i've said is most of what i know for your situation. Venture on, lol. find the void

oh i used to be a codeine feign....used to get large amounts of legally RXd promethazine/codeine and would drink a 6 or 8 and nod the fuck out....eventually I OD'd due to xanax being in my system still from the prior night and stopped taking it....i recently came across some T3's and tried em but nothing compares to promethazine-codeine combo feeling, you know?

man i know all to well, codeine was my mistress for a bit lol. I'm in Canada and we've got OTC codeine for 8.50 for 800mg, take that and a working knowledge of how your body process' opiates and you have a cheap ass addiction

i would love to experiment with oxycodone or percocet but i rarely get my hands on them since theyre scheduled more strictly in the US than hydrocodone. docs here practically throw out hydrocodone, soma, xanax, but NEVERRRR oxycodone unless you've been a pain management patient for years :/

also, will update when i dose and start buzzing....gonna dose the DXM in about 30-60 min

went well....ended up doin 50mg DXM, followed an hour later by 50mg hydrocodone and 50mg diphen,,,,got a mild nod which is more than i've gotten in awhile...going to up the DXM dose slightly tomorrow and add tagamet to the cocktail

Status
Not open for further replies.