• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Mixing clarithromycin and mdma.

Alexislh

Greenlighter
Hey so I'm having a situation that I need help with. Over the weekend I got a stress induced/hormonal Imbalance bacterial infection in my mouth. I was givin 150mg of clarithromycin and I was directed to take it 4 times a day. It is now Tuesday so I've been taking the antibiotic for goin on 4 days now. I am not one that takes mdma too often but I have been planning on going to this rave that's going on this upcoming Saturday night and I planned on taking 4 points. I understand that clarithromycin is one of those antibiotics that breaks down the enzymes in mdma or something? So, I will have only 2 pills left when I reach Saturday morning and I don't know if I should stop taking the last two pills and allow my system 15-20 hours to pass the clarithromycin before I take the mdma or if it is safe enough to roll while on it. Since I'm practically done with my instructed dosage I thought stopping two pills early would be the smarter thing to do. I want your guys advice. Don't give me bad vibes, I've had plenty of friends tell me that they have rolled on antibiotics so I dont I won't die or anything. Just give me tips on what to do that everything goes smoothly. Im a bit of a worry wart. Thanks :)

By the way, the pain and swelling stopped after just a night of taking the clarithromycin. So it's not like I'm still showing symtoms. I get that my body might still be fighting off the infection but I just thought that may be useful information. I would love responses from people who rolled while on clarithromycin specifically if at all possible. :)

I see you also posted on this thread. Clarithromycin is on the 'potentially dangerous' list meaning that it may have an adverse reaction. This is because it inhibits enzymes responsible for metabolizing MDMA. It does put you at higher risk but it's unlikely to put you in hospital if you're careful. Take extra precautions such as reducing your dose to about 1/2 to 3/4. A good dose would probably be about 80mg for a standard-sized male. Redosing should be kept very low as well because MDMA tends to stack up with dosage. Combining that with reduced metabolism and you're at a higher risk.

Play it safe if you do decide to do it.

Also, if the Clarithromycin is out of my system before taking the mdma I should be fine right? I read that it stays in your system for 15-20 hours so as long as it's not in my system I shouldn't have any adverse reactions?

50-60mg? I don't know if that would even give you threshold effects though.

Also, MDMA can be quite stressful on the body and the immune system so keep that in mind if you are battling stress related illness prior to rolling.