PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Mixing Citalopram With ketamine????

Darksidesam

Moderator: CD
Staff member
Is there any Health Risks?

I drunk like 4 ciders (I get pissed quickly for the record) and they put me in a K - like induced state. . .

I am Going to be laying off drugs for a while, and when i get back into the rave scene i am going to lay off Mdma and E's for a while too.

So what im basically asking is, Can I Take K whilst on this medication? I dont want to come off it for a while. . .

This citalopram is having strange effects on me, Im not fat but ive always had a problem with my weight (i work out 3 times a week btw) and since ive taken it everytime i look in the mirror im happy with myself.

going to throw this one over to PD as the have a lot more experience with ketamine than us here in BD

But SSRI Isnt a downer?
Huh?

Someone please answer this with some detail for me

I think by "downers" he was referencing the alcohol you mentioned, thinking you might want to mix that with ketamine (which i do NOT recommend that you do.)

Citalopram and ketamine is fine...I've done k while taking citalopram and no ill effects, so I think you'll be alright. And when I was taking citalopram I had NO alcohol tolerance and would get sick from the booze faster than I would actually get a buzz from it.

Ah okay yeah sorry i forgot i mentioned that in my first post.

I dont ever Drink with ketamine,
I only ever do ketamine on its own, as i think the two combined are dangerous.

Okay thanks for clearing this up for me then =)

Last edited:
Well, it ends in -pram not -pam. I stopped taking my citalopram a couple of months ago for the sole purpose of being able to take ketamine/analogues with no fear of serotonin syndrome. I have read that it is a risk of the combination.

However, I would like to hear any more experiences people have with this combo because I think I should get back on my citalopram. I've gained 10lbs since I stopped taking it and my depression is coming back. But I won't ever stop taking dissociatives.