• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Mixing alcohol with Ritalin

TripTonics

Bluelighter
Are there any serious dangers of mixing alcohol with Ritalin. Lets say someone drank a few beers and snorted a couple ritalin pills, would that be a deadly combination?

It certainly won't kill you if you're smart about it. The only possible problem might be that the ritalin will keep you more alert, and therefore able to drink more beer without feeling as fucked up as you normally would...so when you wake up the next day you'll have a wicked hangover. Ritalin usually upsets my stomach a bit too, so I'm more likely to throw up.

When i have ritalin i cant drink at all!
Even the thought of a sip of grog makes me feel sick.
If i drink first then i just get sick...

from what i was told, its dangerous to overwork your body on this combo. like if you are dancing hard all night, your body is sending mixed signals to the respitory system ,you body could get confused and the respitory system could fail.

Disregard all negative replys. Done it. Not a big deal, although I find it raises your likelihood of nausea and vomiting. It's a good way to stay alert all night.
Diggit
------------------
"From each according to his abilities, to each according to his needs."
Karl Marx

You will drink WAY more than you ever have before. I ended up polishing of about 30 beers in around 8 hours... needless to say, when the ritalin started to wear off I was horribly, horribly drunk - but you get that on the big jobs.

ive done it but with dex amphetamine ( they are 1/2 the strength as ritalin ) i probaly did about 15 or so then polished off 95% of a bottle of vodka way to quickly was shitfaced and spewed on my living room foloor, but still managed to go out on the town and got past bouncers, so yeah I was able to get realy realy drunk and still stay active, good fun but it gave me a 2 day hangover, that was horrible.

Honestly, not trying to be one of those “I’m so cool I’ve done so much” people haha… I just want to share as a person who has done much worse… personally… based on MY EXPERIENCE… a person would most likely have nothing to worry about. The mixture you’re talking about is seriously NOTHING compared to the things in which I have engaged/seen others do so. Just DRINK WATER WATER WATER and electrolytes!!!! Then you’re A-OK. Again don’t want to minimize any drug combo but I’m just saying… do NOT freak out. You’re fine. I have seen/heard of/read about MUCH worse.

Honestly, not trying to be one of those “I’m so cool I’ve done so much” people haha… I just want to share as a person who has done much worse… personally… based on MY EXPERIENCE… a person would most likely have nothing to worry about. The mixture you’re talking about is seriously NOTHING compared to the things in which I have engaged/seen others do so. Just DRINK WATER WATER WATER and electrolytes!!!! Then you’re A-OK. Again don’t want to minimize any drug combo but I’m just saying… do NOT freak out. You’re fine. I have seen/heard of/read about MUCH worse.
Also get off the internet… it’s only gonna make you freak out. Good luck and take care

Ritalin is a stimulant so you have to drink more to feel the effects of the alcohol which can be dangerous if you over do it. A couple of beers should be fine and I wouldn’t waste your pills by snorting.

…do a Google search for Methylphenidate interaction with ethanol in human subjects

Ethanol consumed 30min prior or after Methylphenidate (Ritalin) administration results in a 40% increase in d-MPH C-Max & T-Max

A metabolite called Ethylphenidate is produced in addition to the inactive metabolite Ritalinic Acid when ethanol is co-administered with Methylphenidate (Ritalin). However, it is the L-Ethylphenidate and not d-EPH which had dopaminergic properties on par with d-MPH.

Racemic Methylphenidate (Ritalin) d/l - threo methylphenidate interacts with ethanol (alcohol) to potentiate the euphoric positive effects due to significant increase of the active isomer (dextro-threo-methylphenidate / Focalin)

Consuming Methylphenidate with a meal also speeds absorption

So….alcohol SIGNIFICANTLY increases the positive Euphoric effects of Ritalin (40% increase of d-MPH) and taking with a meal speeds absorption. i.e. hits faster & harder.

Are there any serious dangers of mixing alcohol with Ritalin. Lets say someone drank a few beers and snorted a couple ritalin pills, would that be a deadly combination?
I used to have ritalin prescribed when I was like 18 and I definitely drank with it (hard liquor) and I was always fine