• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Mixed oxycodone with ativan

Tak97

Greenlighter
Hey everyone, I just had a quick question on the safety of mixing ativan and oxy.

Approximately two hours ago I snorted my usual dose of 30 mg oxycodone. I've heard a lot about the dangers of mixing benzos with opiates but I recently came across some .5 ativans and hadn't taken them so I figured I would give them a try to potentiate my oxy. Knowing the dangers I started by snorting under a fourth of one .5 mg ativan and immediately felt a rush. I was quite surprised to feel such an intense effect due to the miniscule amount of benzo that I ingested and have decided not to do anymore tonight for fear of killing myself.

My question is basically this; how was that tiny amount of ativan in synergy with my oxycodone enough to give me such a powerful rush? And does anyone have any approximate information on the amount of benzo it would take an intolerant person to od when mixed with oxycodone?

Snorting benzodiazepines like Ativan is nearly useless as it's not effective. Apparently you found that it was, but it may as well of been placebo for all we know. You aren't going to die by mixing the two if you are tolerant to the oxycodone and you keep your benzo intake in the therapeutic range.

Actually the intranasal bioavailability of ativan is only slightly less than when taken orally and with the swift absorption it produces more of a 'high' than when taken orally in my experience. I have next to no tolerance to benzos but even with that said I was surprised that such a tiny amount of ativan contributed to the effects of the oxycodone as much as it did. I have been nodding on and off since I took the ativan which is normally something that never happens on a dose of 30 mg oxycodone

Dude benzos don't absorb intranasal in pill form lol I always laughed when kids would "rail footballs or bars " and "get so fucked up br0" fail waste of pills

Actually the intranasal bioavailability of ativan is only slightly less than when taken orally and with the swift absorption it produces more of a 'high' than when taken orally in my experience. I have next to no tolerance to benzos but even with that said I was surprised that such a tiny amount of ativan contributed to the effects of the oxycodone as much as it did. I have been nodding on and off since I took the ativan which is normally something that never happens on a dose of 30 mg oxycodone

There really isn't a high from benzodiazepines, it's more of a feeling of relief and relaxation. Anyways though sublingual is by far the better choice for ROAs. Sublingual bioavailability is high because of the enormous lingual artery on the underside of your tongue.

Benzodiazepines do not absorb well into mucous membranes found in the nasal cavity; most of the effects of snorted benzos are because it's dripping down the back of your throat. Contrary to popular belief the fact that benzodiazepines aren't water soluble is not the reason they don't absorb well, it's all about lipid solubility in ionized form.

I'm not sure about other benzos, but ativan does in fact work when insufflated...http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11697755

This study puts the intranasal bioavailability at roughly 77 percent. With the oral bioavailability of ativan being 85 percent there is not much of a difference. Especially considering many people prefer the rush of oxycodone when snorted than the high of taking it orally even though the oral bioavailability is much higher. Many people just read that benzos are ineffective when insufflated and neglect to do their research on specific drugs and therefore are ignorant on the subject.

Interesting article, thanks for the information. I've never got my hands on lorazepam before, but if I ever do ill remember that.