• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Mitigation of the emotional deficit side effect of adderall

Makyph

Greenlighter
Adderall and emotions
So I am beginning to understand what life is like on adderall after being on it for four months.
One thing that I have noticed is with the benefit of enhanced cognitive function there is a big drawback and that is emotion.
I have heard about this problem and I have felt it myself.
Trouble with being sincere when I know I truly have those feelings I just can't convey them.
My capacity for empathy is slim to none.
So I have a deficit in emotional intelligence as a side effect.
As a result I see my relationships start to suffer and I only feel close to someone when we are engaging in conversation that is centered around intellectual ideas or problem solving.
Any experience based conversation I have noticed it is tough to relate be it laughing or crying none of my emotional responses are sincere.

I have tried to research this problem and I have had no luck with main stream search engines so I'm searching for someone that has more expertise in the mechanisms of adderall. Abstract neurological input is encouraged!
my question is:

Is there any drug, diet, lifestyle, change, or homeopathic medicine I can take in accompaniment with my adderall to fix this emotional deficit?

I'm hoping for something legal but I'm not sure if that is likely.
I have also thought about reaching out to MAPS to investigate the use of MDMA for this purpose

Any input is very much appreciated!
Thank you
-Matthew