• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Mitigating long term addiction

ranidf

Bluelighter
I have been smoking Cannabis for 16 years. Not more than once time a day, and many times once in a week to up to two weeks. However there were many periods that I would smoke it daily.
Recently I have been trying to quit or at least smoke once a month or once two months. However I realized that if I do not smoke within 7 days to 20 days I become irritable and easily to get angry. Both of the feelings are nearly impossible to control, so the only solution for me is to smoke as soon as I feel these symptoms.
However, I would like to break free, so are there any advices in regards to pills or food supplements I should try which will allow me to defeat this long term addiction?
(BTW: It is impossible to quit if cold turkey, because after the onset of the irritability every following day has the irritability to increase.)

Another issue, is that I have some problems with my short term memory. That would be desirable to improve as well.

When considering cannabis "addiction" it's important to remember that human beings have an endocannabinoid sytem. In practice, this just means that your irritability might be from disregulation or low natural endocannabinoids in your ECS due to age, injury, or past cannabis use. Some people suffer from low natural cannabinoid levels despite eating a healthy diet, physical exercise, spiritual exercise, etc. These are the first things you should try for irritability but it's possible you were using cannabis as medicine and didn't even know it.

First things first: Why do you want to quit? Having a strong foundation of reasoning will help you feel strong. I ask only because you didn't say why you want to quit.

Next, I assure you that if you can remain abstinent for about 6 moths to a year, you won't experience that anger you mentioned when you tried to abstain last time. I know this because I have been in jail with heavy pot smokers and they were fine after six months (usually less).

In regards to supplements, I suggest Vitamin V, a lesser known vitamin more commonly know as Valium. Your doc shouldn't bitch about prescribing considering it's for a greater good.

Also, weed is a shitty drug bro. Really. it causes anxiety, long and short term memory problems, and it's one less hassle you don't need.

^valium can quickly become addictive if used irresponsibly and addiction to benzos is far worse.

I don't really want to quit, but I would like to smoke it once a month. Currently I feel like a slave of cannabis :). If I don't smoke within 7-10 days I start to feel very irritable and it's uncontrollable.

I don't want to quit cold turkey. I don't want to use valium.

I'm sure there are food supplements that can help me to achieve what I want. For example, I remember someone mentioned Galantamine.

Slowly start stretching the time in between smoking to help give your brain and body time to readjust to the new "normal". Smoke less when you do to lower your tolerance as well.

Things like eating healthy, getting a solid work out in, and having good sleeping habits can help with regulating mood, but there are studies that show even mild long term use is associated with changes in the brain. Some theorize that these changes are associated with cravings.

I would highly recommend strenuous physical activity if you are capable for at least 30-45 minutes. You will trigger the release of natural endorphines which has been compared to heroin(obviously not the same type of rush, but mood regulator none the less).