• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

MIT researchers have bad news for users of anonymity browser Tor

That was a month ago treacle - I don't think that's why they closed yesterday.

MODS - What happened to the 'Agora Gone' thread?

Least you could do was pm with an explanation.

Isn't there something pretty unambiguous in the BLUA about this?

http://wiki.bluelight.org/index.php/Bluelight_User_Agreement_(BLUA)#LIMITATIONS_ON_USE

Rules have been established to protect Bluelight and its members against abuse. Use of Bluelight for any purpose that is unlawful, or in any manner which could impair the operation of this site or any other party's use or enjoyment of this site, is strictly prohibited.
Specifically, you may not:
use Bluelight in any way, shape or form for unlawful purposes, including, without limitation:

attempting to solicit, obtain sell or supply contraband substances or substances of a quasi-legal status or information on how to do so;
posting or exchanging any information on ongoing or future criminal activity, any information which can be construed as discussing such activity or actively encouraging others to engage in criminal activities;

As well as other clauses which would probably cover it.

Why do so many people seemingly insist on having things (which they've agreed to in advance upon joining the site) personally explained to them these days?

That was a month ago treacle - I don't think that's why they closed yesterday.
Not closed, closing... It definitely is the reason.

Sammy; I don't see moderator under your name, why do you insist on acting like one? If sort of breaking a rule helps members of this community, I don't mind whatever repercussions are involved. If a thread like this had just stopped you losing a load of money, would you still have a face like a slapped arse? I imagine you would, actually, you joyless gobshite.

Sammy; I don't see moderator under your name, why do you insist on acting like one?

I don't see 'moron' under your name, but... nah, forget it. At the end of the day, I'm pointing out the obvious, because I find certain kinds of forum behaviour irksome. As, it appears, do you. That's the way these places tend to work.

Lighten up, would you? If anybody ever earned the distinction of being called 'joyless' it's you - simply going from the majority of your posts, I might add.

You may be a riot in real life. I very much doubt it, but then you do live in Rochdale, so it's forgiven.

Last edited:
I don't see 'moron' under your name, but... nah, forget it. At the end of the day, I'm pointing out the obvious, because I find certain kinds of forum behaviour irksome. As, it appears, do you. That's the way these places tend to work.

Lighten up, would you? If anybody ever earned the distinction of being called 'joyless' it's you - simply going from the majority of your posts, I might add.

You may be a riot in real life. I very much doubt it, but then you do live in Rochdale, so it's forgiven.
The majority of my twelve thousand posts are joyless? That's the first time anyone has ever said that. If you're referring to my more recent posts, it's down to the depressing contribution from members like yourself.

I haven't read the majority of your posts. I might really be missing out. I'm very, very sorry for depressing you.

Eat a peach, yeah?

I didn't know that peaches were good for forum-induced depression. Thanks for the tip. ;)

...*AHEM*

From the link-

"e researchers said they have been in contact with Tor's security team, which plans to institute improved measures.""

So it looks like the result of this, is for the browser to become even more secure and the researchers are helping out the criminals to stay more anonymous and not the government??

So its very good news for you really??

That part is, yes. However, until that happens, there won't really be anywhere trustworthy to visit.

^ OK, so stay away from TOR until they fix this security hole.

/thread

now let's get back to slating Sammy_G

take your peach and shove it up your a$$ you oldskool, outdated moderator. know your role and stop bringing the forum down with your depressing shite etc etc

take your peach and shove it up your a$$ you oldskool, outdated moderator. know your role and stop bringing the forum down with your depressing shite etc etc

Nothing to add here, but did you write a$$ on purpose? If you didn't want to write ass, why not just write arse? Is writing ass worse than writing 'shove it up your___' (ignore me if it's just styling (ignore me anyway by all means, i'm being a write arse), i'm just fascinated if it's self-bowdlerisation)

posting or exchanging any information on ongoing or future criminal activity, any information which can be construed as discussing such activity or actively encouraging others to engage in criminal activities;

I didn't think saying agora was going down and you needed to withdraw your money quick was a criminal activity tho sammy. If I'd said "Go and order some drugs from agora" then I would hold my hands up.

Now please let me get back to trying to vapourise this fucking morphine in peace :)

I need to put the bastard on some kind of herb like sage or thyme to stop it blowing the vapouriser up. Any suggesting on the best tasting herb? (not pot - I don't like the high)

I find already vapourised weed (so, inactive) and fag ash are both good choices for a substrate, when I'm smoking DMT. Not much taste to either. In shops that sell pipes and bongs, they often sell big bags of 'legal weed' for a few quid, which doesn't actually have any effect. Not to be mistaken for synthetic cannabinoids, which come in small quantities, and will probably massively disagree with you.

I think some hidden services have been able to reduce how effective this vulnerability is somehow so that's hopeful. This does seem like an ideal time for some markets to exit scam though so I'd be cautious.

TOR has always depended on people having the goodwill to provide hosts in the first place, a diversity of providers and every host's operator being in ignorance of what the others were up to. A single player -- e.g. the U.S. Government -- with control over enough nodes at the edges and in the middle of the network would be able to infer a lot about what was going on, even without being able to decrypt any of the actual information.

The more nodes they control, the more dots they can see to join up.

Now imagine someone creating a botnet of compromised machines, which can act as TOR nodes. Compromised nodes, under their control .....