• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Missed Suboxone shot...HELP

Well i guese I'm gonna go back to the doctor 2morro?? People around me are like no its fine he knew what it was, but on here and i'm a hypochondreac kinda but I know I shoud probly go back. The docor said come back friday if it was still borhtering me. This happened friday night around 12:Am. It's a lump but its not warm to the touch, still kinda sore. I told the docot it was goin up my arm at one point and he said ya because its infected and he knew I had a 99.1 fever, so should I just go back tomorow or the next day? And told him I did some abg morphines and I just relasped after 3 years of being clean?

Edit: If i have a fever even a slight one like at the docs office I should def go in the morning right?

Last edited:
Well a fever, cold sweats, redness, heat, are all signs of infection. I would do just as he said, go back to him if you don't feel it's getting any better. If you are extremely worried about it, especially if you notice any NEW symptoms emerging as thecpain getting worse or it seems to be spreading or changing colors, or fever getting worse, go to the ER ASAP.

Yup.
Being careful is not hypochondria.

But listening to other addicts for advice (while it's an option) could be considered complacent - and dangerous.

Just to weight those two things up a bit. We admittedly have a vested interest in seeing you make the best decision possible for your health and wellbeing; granted, most of us are fellow-users (of one form or another) too.
Be safe :)

Well, I guese i'm going back friday, because my alarm was not set. There is no heat coming from the lump, no red streaks, do not feel a fever. Only thing is my throat is soar and my eyes are watery, but its allergy season. Also my hand is not having those pains they were having that were going up my arm(that I mentioned to him) and he said it was cuz of infection. But hand is def. less stiff. The lump has not gone down in size(maybe a little) but is not warm or red to the touch at all. And I should tell him this was cuz of a miss of abg morphines?? Not spider bite tomorow??

Edit: And thank you guys for keeping this thread open!!! I know these kind are usually closed with a simple go to doctor, but I would have been a wreck if I didn't get some of the responses. And I did go to a doctor but just going back tomorow, will let you guys know.

Last edited:
Ya dude, only time will tell how it will develop. More than likely it's just a bad reaction your body took to the missed shot and it will resolve on its own. But there is always the chance it could be something more serious. Those windows of chances are not to be played with when it comes to injecting substances. That's why it's always best to get professional on hand medical advice / treatment right away. Since time will only tell with this, getting it treated right away may beat the time it would take for it to develop into something more serious, rather than leaving it untreated and hoping for the best. Ya know?

I have been on suboxone for a long time. From stop signs to strips. I got into h and obviously banging it. I have banged subs for a very long time. I've never had a problem. No abscesses or anything. However, in the last month 2 veins have gone rock hard almost immediately after banging the sub. Why has this never been problem before?? Are subs different now? I don't understand. Has anyone else had this problem and anyone know why?
I'm knew to this forum stuff.
Please help me.
Thank you,
Ryan
Sorry can't figure out how to post a fucking thread

I have just been told that the ingredients in a strip are very caustic to your blood vessels. That's why you don't get very many shots out of banging those things into veins. I have noticed that even if I happen to miss even just a tiny bit, that vein will harden up and become unusable. The way to spare your veins the longest is very good IV technique, and most certainly micron filtering.

I have never had the veins goin hard problem, just loosing veins problem, but I blame it on bad techniqe(using same spot..for like 6 months, reusing needles) I mean I'm suprised that spot I was using lasted that long. I never used more than a quarter of a strip tho, most the time just one mg at a time. But I'm done after this, iv bupe really is just not worth it...

Yeah really the only reason I can see banging them is to make them last longer. But really it is not worth the potential harm that may come out of it.

How's it going with that now by the way Screaming Skull? Did you go back to the doctor today?

I did it's still slightly swollen and sore, but the doctor said to just watch it....I think it's gone down some. I'm prayin to god this Dsnt get back to my sub doc, it was a different Doctor than I saw the last time and this one has a personal beef with addicts in general... I didn't realize it was her till after

I see. Well by the way it sounds you haven't reported it changing for the worst so far. I think it'll resolve eventually. Just keep watch. Yeah I can't stand doctors that have vendettas against addicts. Not giving you straight answers when you ask them questions. Making the appointment brief, and just telling you shit to scare you. Can't stand those types of docs.

At urgent care with a 101 fever thought I think it may be sinuses or pneumonia. When I breath all I here is that shit in my lungs and the stuff draining is making me nauseous

Oh so far it's come out as pneumonia, honestly I wish I didn't even mention the iv thing, honestly don't think a doc is stupid enuff to believe the spider bite exuse when there are tracks marks right below its..

Oh forgot to mention, this doc told me to stop taking the antibiotic for the spider bite and just take what he's given me... I'm not sure if I should do that??? Or just keep taking both?

The problem with stopping an antibiotic too soon is, that some of the bacteria you're trying to kill will survive and gain a resistance to the antibiotic.
But I'm not a doctor and if he told you to stop, better stop, or get a second opinion..

Most likely the new anti biotic is more powerful and will continue to treat the other infection while taking both is likely to cause complications. Just take your doctor's advice he would know better than anyone here.

Ummm, I don't know how I caught pnemonnia if if its viral or bacterial. I told them the WHOLE story went for a 'spider bite' had a 99 fever. Next day I had a SORE throat, went back to doctor(different once cuz the one I saw wasn't there). Told her it was not a spider bite but a missed shot of morphine(also told people at urgent care it was a missed shot of Morphine)... I had a 101.6 fever after more than two hours of having taken 800mg of ibupfropehn the temp went down by .2 points maybe. They ran blood work, a chest x-ray, and a strep test. He said I had I had it on one side of my lung or something like that, gave me a shot, anti-biotics, and an inhaler. Suppose to go back to the doctor I saw the first time tomorow. I've been in bed since 3 this afternoon sleeping, I got up around 1130 or midnight, just took that antibiotic and some ibuprfen and xanax...skipped my 4mg bupe dose today because I bought 30 norcors(its all i could find last night) because I'm really just tired of being sober , and if i'm gonna have pnemonnia I want something to make me feel better. Suppose to be getting Percocet tomorow and roxis later this week maybe, though I'm thinking of just getting pods cuz of the price. Anyway

quick question - why do you tell a Dr. its a spider bite and not you missing a shot? lol. I'll never understand users who hold back. you are the one sticking yourself w/ a pin, hold your head high and do not give a fuck w/ others think, esp. the Dr. who is trying to help you.