• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Missed Suboxone Appointment, now Doctor is in Hospital, about to go into w/d, helpplz

Speedaddict69

Bluelighter
Hello bluelighters, A few months ago I had a dope habit. Since then I have been living a mostly productive life (for which I owe graditiude to suboxone). However, I missed my appointment and at about the same time my sub doc was hospitalized. Well now i'm fucked, as I have been taking as little as an eighth of an 8mg strip twice a day (and I have about 9mg left) and in doing so I still experience slight w/d's. So my appt is not for another 10 days and I can painfully make my leftovers last about another 3 or 4. Well i'm no god damned scientist, but that doesnt quite add up the way I'd like it to. So, I will have to either a. Find street suboxone (possible but not likely as I am not very well connected) b. Get dope (which is counterproductive and expensive) or c. Go thru w/d's completely. And yes I know one would presume the notion that a person who is taking so little should not have a probem with that but I couldnt make it 24 hours yesterday as the w/d's were as bad as IV junk. Does anybody have any other ideas?

P.S. if I venture down the Dope route I am interested in taking measured timed doses orally if I can figure out how to take H orally.

were it me I would go to the hospital/ER and explain the situation. you might get someone there to write you for a few strips.
when things like this happen it is the one time I am glad I IV my zubsolv ...when I used to actually take it as prescribed if some shit happened w/ my doctor/the pharmacy/insurance (which happens more often than you'd think) I was completely fucked until someone stepped in to save me. but like recently the pharmacy fucked up and I couldn't get ahold of my doctor for some godforsaken reason (and usually she'll even answer at 8pm on a Sunday or get back to me in very short order, I have her cell number) for almost a WEEK. thank god I had like practically 100 cottons saved up I was able to continue working and functioning despite not having any damn meds for like 5+ days.
hospital is your best bet I think. they may or may not be understanding. worth a try though.

Also go into your pharmacy and speak to your pharmacist explain the situation ask for a possible emergency dispense for a few days to get you to your appointment, my pharmacist at Walgreens has done this for me.

If you are doing everything legit going to a sub doc, staying off heroin, there is no reason you should be punished for a mistake missing your appointment and your sub doc being hospitalized, have the pharmacy grtvit contact with your sub doc now it's you who need to make this urgent and bug all who need bugging you should not be punished!