• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

missed shot - abscess now has red streaks going down arm. how do i treat this?

yourgothgirlfriend

Bluelighter
as the title says. obviously this is the worst possible time to have this seeing as hospitals and urgent cares are refusing people with less serious conditions and my doctor isn’t even back at work until april 2nd. checked around some other doc offices and they aren’t accepting new patients. my arm is really achey and is getting swollen. missed the shot just last night. is there anything i can do? i have some antibiotics, right after it happened i used a warm compress on it on and off all night and this morning. it’s not really a well defined bump anymore so i can’t tell where it is to drain it. please help!

Could be blood poisioning (if it's toward heart) and if so contact emergency, but I would guess you hit an artery (away from injection site) and it should clear up

Don't wait to take your antibiotics, and call a doctor in the least to ask for its opinion, facetime/whatsapp would be ideal as for him to see your arm. There must be some online doctors who might get you a script, but I don't know where you live. Get help!

The red lines mean you have an infected abscess and suggest the infection is spreading. Best case scenario you go to the hospital RIGHT NOW and get IV anti-biotics. Worst case scenario, you leave it a few days and get blood poisoning and have to have an amputation. I'm not exaggerating, you sound on-the-way to sepsis.

Could be blood poisioning (if it's toward heart) and if so contact emergency, but I would guess you hit an artery (away from injection site) and it should clear up
the streaking is going down my arm and kind of across it, but i know 200% i did not hit an artery and did miss a shot. it formed an abscess last night but now the swelling on that part of my arm is hard to make out the abscess.

Go in right now!! If you wait you could lose an arm or worse. You may need IV antibiotics. Don't wait until this C19 shit gets worse. Go into ER its bad enough they will see you.
The red lines mean you have an infected abscess and suggest the infection is spreading. Best case scenario you go to the hospital RIGHT NOW and get IV anti-biotics. Worst case scenario, you leave it a few days and get blood poisoning and have to have an amputation. I'm not exaggerating, you sound on-the-way to sepsis.

as ive mentioned before the hospitals and urgent cares are literally refusing to take me right now. emailed my doc, left a message for the medical assistant at my doc office, nobody cares right now bc the virus. i called a couple urgent cares that accept my insurance, nothing. went to an ER, nothing. my state is bordering full blown lock down and pretty much no hospital here is taking anyone that has a “minor“ condition. i took my antibiotics/clindamycin but idk what else to do at this point. stuff like doctor on demand costs money that i literally do not have/is not covered by medicaid. my doc never answers her emails and her MA probably won’t check her VM until my doc gets back on april 2nd. i’m telling y’all i do not have access to help rn!

Even near arteries, they can get irritated. You should press the issue with medical help is my only continued advice.

Even near arteries, they can get irritated. You should press the issue with medical help is my only continued advice.
there’s not really any arteries near where i hit. it really doesn’t feel like anything involving the artery. i’ve spent the last 4 hours contacting doc offices, urgent cares, and ERs within like 50 miles of me and nada so far.

as ive mentioned before the hospitals and urgent cares are literally refusing to take me right now. emailed my doc, left a message for the medical assistant at my doc office, nobody cares right now bc the virus. i called a couple urgent cares that accept my insurance, nothing. went to an ER, nothing. my state is bordering full blown lock down and pretty much no hospital here is taking anyone that has a “minor“ condition. i took my antibiotics/clindamycin but idk what else to do at this point. stuff like doctor on demand costs money that i literally do not have/is not covered by medicaid. my doc never answers her emails and her MA probably won’t check her VM until my doc gets back on april 2nd. i’m telling y’all i do not have access to help rn!

They advise you DO NOT drain them btw, It'll leave you with a big hole if infected/necrotic tissue inside that opens you up to every and all bacteria and bacteria. It might burst itself. Have you got like yellow fluid in places just under the skin? I did with an arm abscess and they literally all burst open one time when I pressed on my arm. I must've squirted like 200ml of pus at incredible speed and force but it just healed itself easily after an no more pain. Hopefully this will happen for you? It depends where the infection is. I had a huge abscess inside the muscle of my leg and needed a wheelchair. I had to have it removed and now have a 6 inch long, thick scar on my leg.
So where the abscess is makes a big difference. Just under the skin is like my arm, intramuscular is agony like my leg and then if it's underneath that into the fascia it could very quickly become Necrotizing Fasciitis which is definitely a medical emergency.

Wouldn't you rather use a credit card or something and be in debt than lose an arm or, potentially, die? No good not getting in debt if you're gonna die anyway.

They advise you DO NOT drain them btw, It'll leave you with a big hole if infected/necrotic tissue inside that opens you up to every and all bacteria and bacteria. It might burst itself. Have you got like yellow fluid in places just under the skin? I did with an arm abscess and they literally all burst open one time when I pressed on my arm. I must've squirted like 200ml of pus at incredible speed and force but it just healed itself easily after an no more pain. Hopefully this will happen for you? It depends where the infection is. I had a huge abscess inside the muscle of my leg and needed a wheelchair. I had to have it removed and now have a 6 inch long, thick scar on my leg.
So where the abscess is makes a big difference. Just under the skin is like my arm, intramuscular is agony like my leg and then if it's underneath that into the fascia it could very quickly become Necrotizing Fasciitis which is definitely a medical emergency.
yeah, it’s definitely just under the skin fortunately. no pus or anything and the swelling and pain isn’t really severe, i’m just more so worried about the streaking. it honestly doesn’t even feel hot to the touch or anything, and definitely no pus or anything quite yet. i honestly am not sure if this abscess could even be drained atm given it doesn’t feel big enough to have much of anything in it yet which is why i’m hopeful for the antibiotic route. i’m still gonna keep trying to call around but things are looking pretty bleak.

I think he's saying no one will even take him, payment doesn't even factor in...
her* but yeah p much. bc of covid-19 no place here is accepting minor conditions other than at a regular PCP’s office but obv since mine is out till the 2nd i’m kind of in a difficult situation

I'm not a physician, but what kind and quantitiy of antibiotics do you have?

If your in the states i'm pretty sure ER must take you.

They will not take you? Did you go in person to an Urgent Care/ER?

My advice is to feign complications before they become reality. Google symptoms of septic shock and so fourth and make them take you.

Just to tell you I had an abscess a week and 3 days ago and went straight to the er, they put me on antibiotics and received me eventhough corona.. Like jackie jones said, make it seem worse than it is and they'll takr you for sure!

I suggest just going to a pharmacy and doing the research and telling a head pharmacist straight up look I can’t see a doctor right now this is what I did this is what is happening and you have a moral obligation to dispense me
The medication to save my life cause I can’t afford the ER right now.

I almost did this with my Suboxone scripts.

An infected abcess is a severe condition.

My advice is to feign complications before they become reality. Google symptoms of septic shock and so fourth and make them take you.
Yes, I hate to malinger, but this is not a case where it will get better with time.