• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Missed meth shot and spreading hand rash

Kickinasstakinnapes

Greenlighter
So I started noticing a rash on the backs of my hands earlier yesterday While I was using meth. This morning I injected some from a whole new batch, was floored, and very very high. I missed a little off that shot though and I put a hot compress on the lump for a while. The lump is not reducing and the place where I injected now has grown a little wider and kinda something on top that looks like a pimple. The rash is moving to my pals and m fingertips are kinda a red/magenta color. If anyone knows what going on or how help please let me know.

Not to sound condescending but are you positive it isn't something psychosomatic? I've no doubts about the inflammation but it could be much more benign than you realize. I've imagined quite a few ailments I thought were brought on by the drugs that felt 100% real only to have them vanish once i stopped using.

Hand misses usually go away but can be painful. Ive had my hand messed up for a week before. Dont miss in your hand. Make sure theres no abscess,but youre probably good.

It is a pretty good rule of thumb that if tissue is clearly getting worse, not better over the course of say 5 days at most, you are probably going to need to seek medical attention.

Abscesses are par for the course unfortunately. The worst part about it is facing the medical staff. Whatever you say, they will most likely assume that the inflammation is a result of injection drug use.

The good news though is that these are easily treated in most cases. Please keep us posted and let is know if you have questions!

I've twice missed shots in left and right hands. Very tricky to get right. I had a lump and a light red rash over the hand for about 5 days - however it did not turn into abcess and all swelling resolved within a week although I still have small lumps under skin months later.

I used a vein cream (hirudoid ointment) and a no-name anti-inflamatory pain cream three times a day as treatment. They seemed to help. I was on constant lookout for infection (pain, increased swelling, discolouration, red streaks up arm) and nearly went to doctor but it was all good in the end and it never got worse than what it looked like 10 mins after the shot.

But also vitamins, immune meds. Milk/water, you know. All these can play a big role, they can help you heal faster. Take care of your body, you don't have two.

Not to sound condescending but are you positive it isn't something psychosomatic? I've no doubts about the inflammation but it could be much more benign than you realize. I've imagined quite a few ailments I thought were brought on by the drugs that felt 100% real only to have them vanish once i stopped using.

Wow, very good point tweakerguy. I admittedly dont have a lot of experience with Methamphetamine, so I sometimes forget about this angle. I think the most I've ever stayed up was two nights and my psychological state was crumbling already.

I kept thinking my Pregabalin (capsules) were leaking. I saw powder coming out of holes in the capsules when I squeezed them. It was a little frightening. I knew that this happened, sure, but I always thought I was too damn smart and master of my reality.

With that in mind I always assumed I would "know" I wasn't acting right. How could anyone possibly think their Dog was a FBI-endorsed, shapeshifting sorceress? I was shown only minor psychosis and a lot like "blackouts", you dont ever really "control" the situation in the way that you believe.

Very important point that I missed. I'm not implying at all that you are psychotic OP, but definitely consider this possibility. Is it only a rash or is it inflamed/swollen also?

Either way, if it doesn't get better, see someone to get it lanced. With modern medicine and antibiotics, a lot of folks forget that a scratch on your hand could be the start of a deadly infection.

@Kickinasstakinnapes
Hi.
Welcome to BL and its trove of information, people of all types and experienced users.
If ya come back, please let us know what the outcome of this situation is/was as it's the little things that can give us shit like sepsis, tetanus, botulism, staff infections ect.
I do want to wish you the best of luck and hope to see ya posting around sometime looking for answers/opinions, helping others and sharing experiences.
Do what must be done with the infection as soon as possible and maybe try to hit in a different, more accessible area. Used to iv everything back inda dayz, had one miss and it scared the shit outta me. Everyone wanted me to hit them cause I was quick and accurate. The last time I hit another I broke down and sobbed... never again. I was a huge part of an ongoing problem and I stopped a lot of shit at that time.
Enough of the ramblings.
Be safe and take care of yourself.
As mentioned we have one body and some may not GAF but as one ages one will regret the abuse we put ourselves through (from age/experience).
Best always,
Ptah

What do you mean like a pimple? Does it have a white-head spot kinda look?