• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Missed heroin shot site itchy

shoehorn

Greenlighter
Hello everyone, Im both new here to bluelight and to IV drugs in general. I have been iv'ing about a month now and just missed my first shot two days ago. The spot was right in the crook of my arm and I had been using the same vein more than I should have. Anyways, it stung just a little when I pushed down on the plunger but I did register and the blood was dark so I don't think it was an artery but as i pulled the syringe out, I was still pushing out heroin from the syringe. the led to me missing and a hive that developed right on the spot that went away in about 20 minutes. It has been two days now and there is no/minimal swelling that I can see and the area is not red. However, it is really itchy and has been since it happened.

Im starting to get a little worried and I used the search engine but couldn't find anything where a missed shot=itchyness. Anyways, if anything similar has happened to you guys, could you possibly know what this is and whether or not I will be ok? Thanks

I'd say don't worry about it, especially if there is no bump or even redness. However, in the event that a bump reappears or anything at all changes with it (it starts to get red, it starts to hurt, etc), I'd definitely go get it checked out by a doctor just to be safe.

I've had my fair of missed shots and all of them turned out to be fine, with the exception of a few abscesses that I had to get drained by a doctor.