• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

missed herion shot/ possible blood infection?

essencerain

Greenlighter
hello this is really awkward but, unfortanetly I just started shooting up herion recently..i feel like I missed because after it started to hurt very bad. now after a few days its seems to have worsen and hurt more, stupidly I did alittle more tonight.. now I have chills , a headache.. I feel really sick.. do you think what I'm expericing is deadly? I guess you could say this is a life lesson and I don't intend on doing this again.. but is there anything I can do at home to help right now? its seemingly getting worse.. is there any experinces where people recover from this on their own? how long could it take to know that you are poissible dying and need to call 911. I'm such a noob and this is very scary..

ALSO there is a harden lump in my left arm that seems to be spreading down my arm.. my whole arm isn't swollen just where the shots were.. also my right arm is stinging pain, which I'm aware that the right arm has the vein closest to your heart (obviously) thank you for your time

Sounds like you have introduced some bacteria straight into your bloodstream mate.

There is no option but to get an iv of heavy duty antibiotics if you leave this more than a day.

You might get away with some tablets if you go now.

You could make up some bullshit like a gardening accident but it wont work, doctors see this a lot. So if you fear judgement - dont worry about what they think. Its irrelevant. Just go. Septic shock will kill you.

OP, I know you don't want to hear this but I think you're beyond the point where your body can fight this off. Your symptoms of feeling ill sound troubling. Like others have said, going to the hospital would be your best option. The doctors are there to help you and you won't get into any trouble so don't let your fear hold you back. Please if you haven't done so already, get yourself some help!

You absolutely need to go to the doctor immediately. That is the only advice. I don't want to see anyone coming on here telling her it's okay and it's probably going to fix itself. OP, it's very possible that you have an infection. Time is of the essence and waiting could mean the difference between life, death or amputation.