• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Mirtazapine+venlafaxine=rocketful/ tramadol

Ethan-ate

Greenlighter
Tell me if I am wrong pls but obviously apart from its opoid action the tramadol SNRI action is similar to venlafaxine.

Although I have read this I thought tramadol gave more norephrephine action and venla more serotonin.....however it depends what /where you read.

Question is would tramadol + upper end dose of mirtazapine 45mg- a dose at which the norephrephine makes the drug less sedating and more stimulating (it acts like a completely different drug at different doses IME) be similar to the much touted sometimes slated "californian rocketfuel".

By the serotonin syndrome according to studies is not a issue with a NASSA like Mirt and tramadol.

Thought with regard to anti-d properties in mind.

I already use and have used tramadol for years so any opoid high is long distant so this is not a how to get messed up question, just intrigued.

I definitely would't call the proposed "rocket-fuel". I'd call it an obtuse mixture of prescription anti-depressants and tramadol. If it works for you in such a way, you're a lucky man, because MD's will write you for this shit endlessly. The psychiatric community seems to have a major hard-on for mirtazapine (Remeron) at the moment. The fact that they still prescribe Effexor, surprises me (Venlafaxine). Many - including my gran - that I have know have had greatly exaggerated negative symptoms when discontinuing said medication.

Tramadol's easy. It's an opioid with some seratonergic properties. I'm sure with a low/no opioid tolerance it would be an enjoyable experience. Be careful though, as mirtazapine has seratonergic properties as well. Serotonin Syndrome is a vague possibility, but some unwanted physical symptoms in relation are probably more likely.