• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

mirtazapine(remeron) exp?

deos68

Bluelighter
recently got a prescribed mirtazapine anyone have any good success with it ??
how is the WD?
can you drink booze while on it?
pro's con's?

i have anxiety, bit of depression, insomnia and my appetite has gone to shit, my weight fluctuates...i really need to put on weight

7.5 mg - 15 mg is good for insomnia, higher doses are more for depression and will help your appetite as well. Withdrawal wise I experienced insomnia but it wasn't horrible and was mostly over with in around a week after I had been on it for months. Nothing like benzo withdrawal.

7.5 mg - 15 mg is good for insomnia, higher doses are more for depression and will help your appetite as well. Withdrawal wise I experienced insomnia but it wasn't horrible and was mostly over with in around a week after I had been on it for months. Nothing like benzo withdrawal.

thanks for the insight brother
yeah i got prescribed 30mg
might take 15mg as i have fucked up allergies and at low doses it should be equivalent or better than most anti histamines

Hey I'm on mirtazapine 30mg each night, started off at 15mg but needed to increase. I sleep great and they have helped me, I have gained a little weight. At one point i needed to increase to 45mg but that had opposite effect and kept me awake, so went back down again. Not sure bout WD as I haven't yet tried to come off, I've missed a day or two tho and been fine. Good luck.

Hey I'm on mirtazapine 30mg each night, started off at 15mg but needed to increase. I sleep great and they have helped me, I have gained a little weight. At one point i needed to increase to 45mg but that had opposite effect and kept me awake, so went back down again. Not sure bout WD as I haven't yet tried to come off, I've missed a day or two tho and been fine. Good luck.

Thank you for the feedback
How long before did it take for it to kick in?
And does it really give you the munchies? Lol

Mirtazapine has different effects at different doses, unfortunately it can increase adrenaline at above 30mg or so and cause insomnia, which is why higher doses are usually reserved for depression. Regarding skipping a dose, it has a fairly long half life so I wouldn't expect withdrawals to kick in until day 2 or 3.

It takes 30 minutes to kick in, and I didn't really notice majorly increased appetite (I noticed a bit) but it's weight gaining properties might be related to increased insulin, which tells your body to put on both fat and muscle.

I take 45 mg a day and haven't really noticed any problems with alcohol, but I always take it at bedtime so it's usually almost 24 h before I have any beer (usually...) . You might notice increased drowsiness or dizziness when drinking. At 30 mg or below it's sedating but above that it's a stimulant. My doc told me withdrawals from that typically aren't that bad compared to SSRIs. I've skipped a dose before without having brain zaps.

I was on 30mg for a year and tapered from 30-0mg in a week with no noticeable withdrawal symptoms other than maybe a slight increase in anxiety.

Thank you for the feedback
How long before did it take for it to kick in?
And does it really give you the munchies? Lol

Sorry ive only just seen this as seen you replied to one of my threads, I'd say it kicks in pretty quick for sleep, 30 mins to an hour, your first time you will be zonked out, so do be careful, it made me feel so relaxed and heavy the first few times. Depression wise it works pretty quickly, couple of weeks maybe. Yeah for me I get major munchies on it haha, mainly at night after I've took my dose. So now I make sure I take it just before bed, stops me looking for food!! Doesn't give me munchies as much as gabapentin does tho, that stuff is like having weed munchies.

I've been on it for four years or more. I have major deppressive disorder with anxiety.
When I first got on it I was suicidal for couple years. Pretty bad. But once I started taking the mirtazapine it works great it blocked all those suicidal thoughts like seriously blocks. And has made me more positive. Before I took them I felt like I was stuck in a 20 foot deep dark hole of sadness. The medication lifted me out of that hole
On me it works really well. My life still isn't great and I'm not happy skipping around but I feel mentally healthy surprised at how much it works

But now since I've been on it 30mgs a day for Lil over 4 years it's made me gain a bunch of weight which really sucks. I guess it's good if ur too skiny and need some weight. But b4 I took it I was an average good shaped 20 something male. But now I'm like 10- maybe 30 pounds too heavy I'm not fat but I have a beer looking belly, but I didn't really start to gain weight from it til maybe the past year or two or year and half.
One thing that sucks is I really need to lose weight but I don't want to stop taking the mirtazapine just yet cuz it works so well. So idk what to do. And I'm not a fan of other antidepressants and their weird side effects( that aren't weight gain but can have weird side effects like sexual side effects and can even make some people worse)
Also a year and a half after getting on this med I got prescribed clonazepam for my anxiety problems. And I feel like mirtazapine and clonazepam are a good mix most of my mental health problems are gone now from the Meds. But I know that getting off the kpins benzos is gonna be hell

Besides the weight gain I feel like its the best antidepressant out there (but that's just my personal opinion and experience..everyone is different )

Also I was able to drink beer on mirtazapine and get drunk without any problems. But of course I waited til I was used to the mirtazapine. But these days since I started taking clonazepam I don't drink anymore. I haven't drank in a few years now cuz of the benzos the clonazepam I worry about it all being too much too many downers. Deadly mix.

But another downside of mirtazapine and antidepressants I'm letter sure from what I've read that u can't use most drugs. Like if I did MDMA I could get serotonin syndrome and die. And also I can't trip I've read that hallucinogens won't work on u while your on antidepressants. But I do know that I can use opiated and be ok I've used opiates but other than that I feel like I can't really use any other drugs maybe a little but I just haven't cuz it's risky and I don't want to get serotonin syndrome

Remeron is one of the few antidepressants that works for me. There is something about how it refreshes me to a new morning after a bedtime dose and a good night's sleep..

Some I've talked to say they sleep all day on it. Not me, I get up rested and ready for the day. Not anything like opioids where you can tell the fatigue is just blunted, mirtazapine actually gets you a more restive sleep. Sometimes the dreams on it are incredibly colorful and vivid. Lately I don't recall my dreams on it.