• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Mirtazapine and MDMA

dfu12

Greenlighter
Hi. SWIM has been taking 15mg mirtazapine before sleep for two weeks and intends to take MDMA in a few days time. SWIM's reading indicates that there are no harmful interactions between these drugs however the efficacy of MDMA is reduced. SWIM has the following questions:
Is it better to stop taking mirtazapine before MDMA, and then restart use after?
If so, how many days in advance? And would it be better to stop suddenly, or reduce to half doses and then stop?
Is it advisable to take mirtazapine to ease comedown symptoms? If so, how much should be taken and at what stage?
Would smoking cannabis affect the matter?

Thanks

Hi there, Mirtazapine will indeed partially cancel out MDMA's effects so I would taper down a couple days in advance (to avoid rebound insomnia from stopping abruptly and then hence using MDMA sleep deprived) and then take your 15mg on the comedown to help you sleep, smoking cannabis will be okay but be careful of getting too high ;) it can help you sleep as well though.

Please take anti oxidants. I highly recommend vitamin E in the days leading up to the role (it is absorbed and stored in the brain) and then vitamin C the day of the roll (take it twice, once with the roll and then on the comedown).

I have to give a warning here about MDMA abuse causing chronic insomnia in some people, if you have sleep issues I would much rather you take some mushrooms and smoke some cannabis, this will not affect your brain very much at all long term.

Best of luck, any questions are welcome.

It could really take up to a month off mirtazepine for it not to effect MDMA. If you need mirtazapine I'd save the MDMA till your off it. Seems a potential waste otherwise.

Good information on this specific combo like this is scarce and mixed reviewed.

What i experienced:
- No euphoria, yet it's replaced with a sickening butterfly type anxiety pit in your stomach that sticks.

- Stimulation but in no way is it the 'norm', not without that euphoria to synergise with anyway.

- Completely void of any psychedelic components that are usually present.

- Took a Mirtazapine cause i was bored and wanted to sleep it off but the MD stimulation renders the anti-histamine effects useless.

- So what i learned, it's a waste of money for me personally. I also researched the combo compellingly and some people say no worries while others say they needed a slightly higher dose. Consumed 400mg while I was chasing the dragon resulting in pure dread and an impending sense of doom.

- Another effects were these negative feels lingered for what seems like a half day regardless of stomach contents and how the drug should act.

So not really conclusive for how it may react with you as you may need to try it yourself honestly. It's relatively safe and i'm pretty sure i've seen somewhere that taking a Mirtazapine on comedown is able prevent some neurotoxicity?

While using and abusing MDMA in a self destructive kind of way i never not once experienced any note-worthy comedown effects, and i'm talking 2grams in a weekend. THANKS MIRTAZAPINE???

This was also totally irrelevant to the quality of MDMA got smashed of the same shit from the same batch while abstaining for 3 days.
So 3-7 days if you don't want to risk any loss. I never really let the drug build up by talking irregularly so i may be an exception.

Last edited:
I have some mirtazapine that a friend gave me a while ago to help get to sleep after a heavy night on stims.

It's been very effective for helping me sleep in situations like this and its the only reason i have ever had to use it as i don't suffer from depression.

One thing i am wondering tho is would it have any effect on mdma if i took it (mirtazapine) 24 hours before? Basically i got an event to go to and i want a decent nights sleep before i go as i have to get up early and i wanna be fresh for the next day.

Bearing in mind i only ever take mirtazapine once in a blue moon and thats just for one night. I'm just hoping taking it so soon before i take mdma won't diminish the effects of it.