• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Mirtazapine (60 mg), Bupropion (300 mg) and 50 mg Agomelatine is my current medication

Båtmannen

Bluelighter
Hello,

I suffer from MDD, GAD, ADHD, insomnia, social phobia, OCD and probably something I've forgotten. Yeah: I have high functioning autism.

I'm also on 100 mg of methadone.

Most of my problems have bee. alleviated by my current combination. Although I still am mostly apathic and my main interest is laying in my bed, eating and using nicotine. I wake up every 1-3 hour, still. I am not depressed, but I also find no pleasure in normal stuff like seeing friends, watching movies, studying or w/e.

I would love to switch all three meds for the MAOI moclobemide, but my doctors say that methadone is too serotonergic and it would cause serotonergic syndrome.

I'm already on those meds + TRT (the gel), and have melatonin and antihistamines for sleep but I rarely/ never use the antihistamines.

So I get that docs are reluctant to add more. But as I said: I would gladly switch them to one MAOI.

Do you have any ideas on how to help me with the problems I mentioned?

Best regards

Moclobemide, is not very strong. I was prescribed vortioxetine 20mg minimum, bupropion 300mg (daily) , high quality ice, modafinil and sometimes mirtazapine fór sleep or citalopram for extra serotonine in morning because at morning i was usually depleted of many neurotransmitters because of potent meth usage. I was taking benzos and antiseizure levetiracetam cause i am prone to seizures if i overatimulate my dopamine,noradrenaline, serotonine and god knows what else too. Once i stopped moclobemide cold-turkey and nothing changed, it didn't changed anything...my mood remained same, sleep energy appetite everything was like if i was still taking that moclobemide but i was not. So i just quit that medicine without any problem. Do u know what is extremely serotonergic ? Combination of vortioxetine+stimulants+ tramadol and mostly bupropion is the worst substituted amphetamine-like medication to take with tram because it diminish any opioid painkiller effects and boost serotonine raising effects of tram more than methamohetamine.

If u want to potentiate antidepressants, pop some low dose high potency stimulant or experiment with modafinil ( it can be very potent but i am able to take 1000mg and it produce equivalent CNS stimulation to good cocaine or amphetamine ), or try low dose of dextromethorphan ( this is moderately strong snri and if u take enough it is psychedelic ). And Lavender silica is very fast acting serotonergic compound. Just be careful because too much serotonine = higher body temperature, sensitivity to light, nausea, diarhea, excessive sweating and possible seizures, coma and death.

Serotonine syndrome is easy to treat with cyproheptadine ( oldschool H1 CNS antihistamine with potent antiserotonergic effects) combined with benzodiazepine dosed according to your tolerance, biological half-life and acute sedative and muscle-relaxant effects ( diazepam, clonazepam, lorazepam, alprazolam) + magnesium and a lot of water but not drink 2l at once, drink it slowly but drink a lot .