• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Minimum lethal dose of oxy

Pissed_and_messed

Moderator: EADD
Staff member
I gave friend (~80 kg guy) 20 mg depot oxy and told they can do it all if they does not touch any other sedative than weed. Ain't that dose just good, at worst nauseating? Should it be at least 30-40 mg for it to be dangerous for opiate-naive?

Friend has very little experiences with opis.

They are most definitely real oxy.

yeah i’d think if he’s naive 20 would be a great dose, maybe that might be a little high for them. but some of us are fast metabolizes/process drugs weirdly - like i always would take 40mg oxy when i was starting but that’s just because i knew my body wanted a little more than 30 or so. if he’s not feeling anything much from it, tell him to titrate 5-10mg up every 30m just to be on the safe side

I told they can do only one of them (10 mg) if they are looking for serene experience of functionality, or both (20 mg) if they want to nod.

The LD50 of oxycodone is surprisingly high, it's one of the reasons why it marketed so heavily when it was introduced (as well as the bullshit "non-addictive" claims).

The LD50 for oral dosing in mice is 426mg/kg... which is ridiculously high. This type of LD50 doesn't always directly correlate with human LD50, but doses up to 100mg probably wouldn't be that dangerous even in opioid naive people. Clearly this is assuming no other CNS depressants are taken.

and obviously not suggesting your friend taking more is a better idea, but human overdoses on oxycodone are relatively rare compared to other opioids.

i weigh 140 pounds and i was doing oxy for like a month or two at like 20mgs a day. i must've had some tolerance. i'd never really take more than 25mgs... one day i kicked that up to like 40mgs and i was literally IN THE CLOUDS, like all i could see was light and clouds lying in bed in mostly the dark.... the next day i felt so bad. it was like being sick with the flu and my body just hurt really bad worse than i ever had feeling sick. it was actually similar to getting hit by a car with how off my body felt.. like i could barely move when i was on it and felt like trash the next day... so i think like 15mgs through out the course of a couple hours is probably a decent amount for a smaller person with out a tolerance. i was doing 20mgs for a while and wasn't really getting a tolerance. it definitely felt good with getting stoned... at 40mgs, i guess that was cool to do one time, but with the withdrawl, hell no to that again. with how bad i felt, i really feel like i must've been close to overdosing.