• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Minimum DXM Dosage for a dissoociative experience?

cacachanel

Greenlighter
I want to have a dissociative experience - doesn't need to be a k-hole, but I don't wanna be just stoned neither agitated, I wanna touch the NMDA Receptors. I never used DXM before, I used to do ketamine and I liked it.
My main reason for doing it is because DXM is the only dissociative drug I have access to and I'm reading that dissociative experiences can reduce cravings and be life-changing and shit.
I have zinc pills which are supposedly also NMDA antagonists which I can also include to potentiate it.
Also, how much impaired am I'm gonna be? Am I'm going to be able to do a semi simple task like asking for an uber and entering a bus 5 hours later?

Last edited:
I cant possibly tell you exactly how much you need. I took dxm for basically years straight without any real life changing revelations. I still like my amphetamine, caffeine, nicotine, and attractive females. I think the only people who would have life changing revelations are people with very little drug use who think mostly their reality is based on the external world vs chemicals in your head. But this should answer all your questions

https://erowid.org/chemicals/dxm/faq/dxm_faq.shtml

yeah i read that, i can't figure out if plateau 3 would compare to regular ketamine or a k-hole

I would do first then low second medium second high second then low third.

Since its basically always available i dont see a point in rushing it.

When i was using daily i tended to take low to medium second plat.

I wouldnt be crazy impaired but my friend would be like puking all over zoning out. I can only imagine how much vomit theyd produce in a car or bus

For me even 100mg gets me pretty fucked up. I am super sensitive though... I can even feel therapeutic doses. You may need 200mg or even 300mg.

Third plat is not comparable to a k-hole.
Don't bother doing DXM if you don't have weed around.
Also as lemons said some people are impaired metabolisers and because of that you shouldn't jump into the deep end your very first time.

I have taken DXM once, it was a dose of 400mg, I can't say much. It did not impress me much, I prefer Ketamine or MXE, but I know they are not comparable. DXM gave me a little unpleasant side effects ... burning skin and a lot of confusion. I enjoyed it especially in the descent, I love the mania produced by some dissociatives, DXM is not the exception.

DocLad

First time I did DXM I got like maybe .9g in me and I had horrible hives, overheating like fuck and so damn itchy I'm surprised I didn't draw any blood.
I don't recall it happening again after that, maybe once or twice.

First time I done it I was visiting my mum in Liverpool and they sold this dry and tickly cough medicine with dxm as the only active it tasted AMAZING TO and they ran out of it after a couple days that was a year ago and I've not come across it lean seems more easy to get

Anyway first time I did I worked my way up and it was absolute bliss is never been to Liverpool before so it was like a mini holiday I was also taking codeine that probably helped I passed out slowly and peacefully for a while on my mum's bed don't remember if I had any dreams of anything just remember feeling super relaxed I had the rest of the bottle but was unable to get that high again and as I said I've not found any other pharmacies selling it and I've been to a lot I got my mention dry cough in now which by the way they have changed the none drowsy one now has SORBITAL inside it but the one I got just has sugar and dxm just because I saw some old posts stating that the none drowsy benylin dry cough is best well it's not the normal one is.

I have a question of my own I notice all the cough syrups have alcohol in them my benylin dry cough has "6%" alcohol ethanol what does this mean I will get drunk off the alcohol because I don't want to I don't really drink that much but I've always wondered it's hard to tell if I'm drunk from the dxm or codeine syrup as their are so many effects going on.

I think thats like beer so atless your consuming like 4 cans equivalent or like 48 ounces of the stuff i dont think youd get drunk

Sadly, my friend, this is not really something that we deal with here. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but you're solely posting in the hopes of determining what will provide you with the most pleasure or "fun". I like fun, don't get me wrong, I have it all the time in fact, but, there is a time and a place and in our opinion, recreational drug use is a personal journey. We are not here to tell you what to do, we're a lighthouse, stationary, steering you clear of the rocks, but we're not in the boat.

With that being said, this is going to be the closest thing to a reliable resource on the subject. Like everything else, there is going to be a high variability in terms of subjective effects, but at least this provides you with some guidelines and has something resembling an indication of a possible toxic dosage.

https://erowid.org/chemicals/dxm/dxm_dose.shtml

This is going to be closed imminently lest there be any questions directly pertaining to your safety.

As a 5'11", 170 pound male 300 mg of DXM seems to be my sweet spot. Just enough dissociation and euphoria, but not too overwhelming.

F cough syrup (unless it's hydrocodone based). The only acceptable way to ingest dxm is dxm.hbr pure powder. SO MUCH BETTER.

The A / B extractions of the syrups containing Dxm produce very positive yields, at least that is my experience.

And instead of having the HBr, we get the HCl salt, which is more powerful.

DocLad