View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Mimohuasca

albany

Greenlighter
My friend is thinking in taking mimohuasca. He put 25 gr of mimosa hostilis in 50 ml of vinegar for one week. He is going to filter the material, evaporate the vinegar with a fan, and then he is going to take the residuals with an MAOI. Since he is not going to use heat, like when making a tea, he has doubts if this approach will make the trick to have the experience.

Do you think this simple extraction will work if he is thinking to taking the substance orally with and MAOI?

Thanks for your help!

Last edited:
I suggest taking your cat to the veterinarian immediately and tell him to lay off the drugs, man. Technically it's animal abuse if you let him do this.

(We don't use SWIM or any form of SWIM. Read the BLUA before posting.)

^^ This is true. :) I know some places make you use "SWIM/my cat", or whatever, but we don't allow it because it makes posts annoying and occasionally confusing to read, and it doesn't protect anyone.

Not sure if vinegar will extract the DMT or not, did you read about it working somewhere or are you just guessing?

I don't see how vinegar is going to do anything? Can you link us to where you found this information/TEK?

Hello,

There are extraction teks that use vinegar at the beginning of the process and then they use lime to basification. But my friend don´t want to smoke the substance, just taking orally with an MAOI.

The traditional method is to make a tea with hot water, preferably with a low pH. The people who prepare the tea with vinegar report better results than with lemon juice or with a balanced pH.

I don´t undestand about Chemistry, so, I am asking if the vinegar will disolve the dmt, or if I need to add water and heat to the process to make the tea.

My name is FBI Agent Nordheim. I've contacted the local authorities in your city. I traced your IP because you don't use a fucking proxy. We've discovered that your "cat" and your "friend" alias are really you. You're going away for a long time, son.

DMT is soluble in acidic solutions, but you'll be waiting a long time for evaporation and you won't end up with shiny, dry crystals, you'll end up with a goopy (but active) mess. Why not do a full extraction? There are dozens of methods out there, some of which don't even call for caustic materials like lye or petroleum distillates. Or just make the tea; it certainly works.

op just wants to use the crude extract as an oral preparation... doing a proper extraction to get dmt crystals isn't really necessary, especially when preparing just one dose...

op, yes the vinegar will extract the dmt, but I'd do at least another extraction on the root bark to get most of the active compound. with just one pull, you might loose some DMT.

Thanks to the people who really want to help and share. I really appreciate it.

Have you use moclobemide as a MAOI? Banisteriopsis caapi is psychoactive by its own means, so, caapi works as a MAOI and also opens the door to let you be introspective.

But do you know how is the experience with a non psychoactive pharmaceutical product? Could still be helpfull for a healing experience?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Last edited:
That's sort of a question of perspective. In the South American cultures from whence ayahuasca originated, the caapi vine is the healing medicine; in some cases, it's actually the only plant used for that purpose. In cases where DMT is added (in the form of mimosa or chacruna), the amount is often less than what psychonauts seem to seek. In other words, the healing experience comes primarily--or entirely--from caapi. (In fact, the word ayahuasca traditionally refers specifically to the Banisteriopsis caapi vine. The use of the term to refer to a mixture of harmala+DMT is a modern application.) That said, many people claim life-changing experiences from DMT, and I've read reports of people taking a traditional ayahuasca preparation and requesting that the curandero add significantly more chacruna (or the like) to the next batch, to strengthen the "visions".

Pharmaceutical MAOIs are used as antidepressants but are not--to my knowledge--psychedelic. They are also much stronger inhibitors and require more care regarding diet and co-administration of any other drugs or supplements. Plenty of folks take pharmahuasca and have spiritual journeys. How "healing" these journeys are and whether they are more or less so than an ayahuasca experience with caapi are unfortunately highly subjective questions. My suggestion would be to try both and see what works for you :). But be mindful of the risks involved with prescription irreversible MAOIs.

I've only tried the traditional method with caapi and chacruna myself so I can't compare, but everyone I know who has tried the pharm method as well claim that there is a pretty big difference between the two and that the caapi will give you a much deeper and more significant experience but that the pharm method is still very powerful and no less meaningful.

I completely agree with Talker that if you chose to go with pharms, be aware of the dietary restrictions and risks associated with them, especially if you take any other medications.
I'm assuming you're already aware of this, but be ready for a hell or a ride... That's some powerful stuff you're dealing with here and it can completely change everything you though you knew about yourself. It's usually in a good way, but it can also go the other way.

For the "trip" itself, be ready for just about anything including thinking you're dying, as this is quite common in the first phase and can be fucking scary! Also, be ready to vomit like you never have before, and then vomit some more. I was honestly crying in pain and almost wishing to die just a few minutes into what ended up being a solid half hour of vomitting. It's worth the pain though and you forget about it within seconds when it really starts kicking in. Last but not least, if you have no one to watch over you during, remove everything you can from the space where you're taking it to make sure you don't hurt yourself or break anything because you could be moving involuntary and uncontrollably during the peak.

All that being said, keep an open mind, let it guide you and enjoy everything it brings you!

Thanks a lot for your help and good insights!

I have read in Erowid some experiences that use between 0.05 and 0.1 gr as a dose of DMT (taken orally with a MAOI). Those experiences sound like a very intense ride.

But at the same time, is commonly refered that a strong mimohuasca experience requires around 25 gr of mimosa hostilis to make the tea. Considering a potential yield of 1%, 25 gr of mimosa are equivalent of 0.25 gr of DMT. So, I suppose that the tea extraction is very inefficient.

Could someone share some information about how much DMT (acetate) should be necessary for a oral experience with a MAOI?

Thanks in advanced!

In my experience, the tea is at least as strong or even stronger if done well. As far as dosage, it really depends what you want to achieve.. Potency varies A LOT and everyone reacts differently too so hard to tell. I've seen people completely gone for hours on what didn't even bring me to threshold so you better start low and work your way up. Assume it's 1% and divide it in 0.1g doses and start with 1 or 2 and wait a solid 1.5 to 2 hours and repeat is needed. That should be a safe start

Thanks to the people who really want to help and share. I really appreciate it.

Have you use moclobemide as a MAOI? Banisteriopsis caapi is psychoactive by its own means, so, caapi works as a MAOI and also opens the door to let you be introspective.

But do you know how is the experience with a non psychoactive pharmaceutical product? Could still be helpfull for a healing experience?

Thanks in advance for your help!
I was coming down off meth that day and in a very shitty ass mood. I apologize for being an ass. I just re-read it too and I see that I misinterpreted you. I'm sorry, friend. Sadly, I don't have knowledge of your questions though.