View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Mild Serotonin syndrome fast relief

PsyOil

Bluelighter
I'm not encouraging anyone to try mixing these substances, it can be Extremely dangerous or may result in death.

So a while back I was doing some experiments with a chemical found in eye drops, tetrahydrozoline.

Theoretically, when smoked tetrahydrozoline, it lowers serotonin production. According to some old research docs I had made while experimenting with this along with some friends who were looking for a fast relief of mild ss.

Now this is just a theory, we experimented enough with this odd chem to realize that it does infact lower the chance of lethal ss.

The first lab rat was myself, playing an extreamly dangerous game with this, I preloaded with 5htp(500mg), stjohns wort(900mg) and high doses of dxm(1000mg)
2 hours in I realize I was experiencing mild ss symptoms.
Hands turning bright red, muscles becoming very tender, muscle spasm and a hand full of very uncomfortable psychological effects.

I laced a non psychoactive herb with 4 drops of pure tetrahydrozoline, and smoked it when I realized I was experiencing mild ss symptoms.

Within an hour I was back to to normal! If anything my dxm experience was more enjoyable after experiencing such terrible effects from the 5htp with dxm..

Experiment #2

A friend of mine, a 19 year old healthy male was on 40mg of prozac daily.

Prozac + dxm will almost always result In ss. This is extreamly dangerous. Do not attempt this.

After dosing 900mg dxm( with very little dxm tolerance) my friend became extreamly ill within 3 hours. He was throwing up, his face was extreamly red, nose bleeds, and his temp was extreamly low. He was almost freezing.

He smoked the same non psychoactive herb but this time with OTC eye drops that contain tetrahydrozoline.

After 30 more minutes of suffering he was glad to say he felt much better.

These were one of the many experiments I've done with tetrahydrozoline, probably the most effective.

NEVER, AND I MEAN NEVER SMOKE THIS SUBSTANCE ALONE, Without any overdose of a serotonergic agent. THIS WILL RESULT IN A EXTREME DEPRESSED STATE AND REALLY BAD ANXIETY.

I have special rolled J's that contain a non psychoactive herb (dried mint) laced with 4 drops per J. and i have them close by every time i mix any substances.

Last edited:
This is an extremly dangerous thread. Hopefully you do not do anything this dumb again or encourage your "friends" to. Someone please lock this.

Make up your mind, you either had Serotonin Syndrome or you didn't.

All your threads on your combinations are dangerous and should not be attempted by anyone.

Something i never came by on accident.. The dosage of 5htp in that thread was extremely low compared to this. This was done on purpose.

There's no such thing as "mild serotonin syndrome"; you either have it or you don't. And it's never called "mild".

After dosing 900mg dxm( with very little dxm tolerance) my friend became extreamly ill within 3 hours. He was throwing up, his face was extreamly red, nose bleeds, and his temp was extreamly low. He was almost freezing.
One of the characteristic symptoms of serotonin syndrome is severe overheating.

Theoretically, when smoked tetrahydrozoline, it lowers serotonin production. According to some old research docs I had made while experimenting with this along with some friends who were looking for a fast relief of mild ss.
I don't know where you've gotten this theory from but even if true I doubt it works like you think it does and I think what you're discussing here is extremely dangerous. SS can be effectively symptomatically treated using benzos and keeping the person cool but if in any way serious then an ambulance should be called immediately.

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure of course, and the best thing to have done in these situations would be not mixing such highly contraindicated substances. Ditch the standby joint and just do some research before you use drugs.

I can only hope that the kind of person who is careless enough to induce serotonin syndrome will not be the kind to do research and therefore think this is a good idea. If you cannot provide support for your claim about reduced serotonin production then I'm afraid I will have to lock this thread.

I believe I got Seratonin Syndrome from a supposedly natural supplement, which turned out to contain Sibrutramine, a seratonin enhancer. 15 days ago I stopped usage of the supplement after almost fainting. Since then my head feels lite like jet lag, sensitive to light, pupils occasionally dilated, increased pulse. In fact 9 days after stopping was in hospital with fast heart 135 bps. At this point my heart seems to have stabilized back to a normal rhythm. .pulse at rest 62 to 80..versus 90 to 100. However I keep getting new symptoms like left hand jittery, exaggerated reflexes, dilated pupils. How long will this keep up