• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Mild HPPD can i still use low dose psilocybin?

Memantine

Bluelighter
Hi,

In the past i have used quite allot of psychedelics and dissociatives(N2O, weed, DXM, psilocybin, bufotenin etc.). During that time i developed some symtoms of HPPD(breathing walls, fibrating doors, leaking words while reading). My symptoms improved to some extend after i quit using weed/psychedelics/dissociatives.

I have been off psychedelics for more then a year now. I only use opiates, benzodiazepines and alcohol at the moment. I still notice mild visual disturbances but i am never really bothered by them.

So my idea was to self medicate with low doses of psilocybin in combination with alprazolam. In the past i noticed allot of improvement in sociability and OCD symptoms after using psilocybin. The idea is to down regulate my 5-ht 2A receptors just like SSRI's and anti-psychotics do in the long term(though i personally think that SSRi's and antipsychotics are more harmfull than psilocybin).

So my questions are:

Is it likely that very low doses of psilocybin will worsen pre existing visual disturbances?
And will co-administration of alprazolam perhaps decrease the risk of developing visual disturbances associated with psilocybin use?

Well you could try it just once. I'm sure using psilocybin one time wouldn't kill ya. I have mild hppd and I take psychedelics about once a month, one (of many) reasons being to increase the effects of the hppd because it adds a trippy element to my daily life that I personally don't see as a bad thing because it's never gotten in the way of anything or made my life harder in any way. I've never had it get bad just from one use, even when being megadosed, and I have many of the general symptoms you spoke of. Co-administration of benzos isn't proven to reduce the risk of hppd, but bad trips are more heavily linked to hppd, and benzos reduce the anxious elements of a trip, so I'd assume it could help.