View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Mild bladder irritation after a moderately ketty evening

filoux

Greenlighter
Hi there. This past weekend, I had my first experience of a strong ketamine dose. I've insufflated the drug before, but only a few bumps over a whole evening and consequently have only had a general feeling of euphoric looseness. On Friday, however, me and two friends worked through a gram between us at a house party, thereby having approximately a third each over the course of 3 hours. It was an absolute blast. I was definitely at a sub-K-hole level, but was feeling the anaesthetic effects fairly strongly (wanted to sit down a lot, but could be very active at times and was very talkative). As of Sunday evening, however, I've noticed a few small issues with my bladder. I confess I foolishly didn't drink nearly enough water during the party, and only remembered to properly hydrate myself when I got back home/the next day. From what I've read, serious bladder damage only occurs after chronic use, and as stated this was my first time ever taking more than .1g in one evening (these microdoses were taken twice over the course of about 3 months, by the way). Is it possible, however, to develop acute UTI problems from a single moderately heavy use though? I don't have pain as such, but I get the feeling that I can't fully empty my bladder, which is pretty uncomfortable!

Pretty unlikely you have any acute problem but after prolonged dehydration for any reason a UTI is possible. May well get back to normal after a a day or two. Eat healthily, keep hydrated, rest, avoid stress etc as best you can. UTIs (not specific to K) can be quite common for women in any case, less so for men. If it develops further you'll know about it and should see a doctor to get it sorted out asap.

Be rest assured that there's just zero chance that this level of ketamine use has caused some kind of organ damage.

I'm from the UK and ketamine was up until recently very, abundant pure and cheap. I've known a lot of people to take ketamine, and I've known a lot of people to take it excessively or to even habitually consume it for years on end.

Out of all of these people, I've known only one to develop some kind of medically diagnosed organ damage, and he was seriously chronically abusing ketamine for many years. By that stage people are snorting gram lines just to have any kind of effect, and consuming bulk quantities over the course of the week (usually selling it and snorting the profits).

I believe the person in question is waiting on some kind of bladder transplant or something. I'm afraid that whilst my details are sketchy, I know that he has certainly caused serious, irreparable damage, and it's no rumour. He's a friend, but he lives in London and it's all been kept relatively quiet, so I don't know anything more. I know that his addiction is so bad that he was caught using ketamine by his girlfriend recently (post-diagnosis) though.

Eitherway, it really appears to require serious chronic abuse. Perhaps somebody with existing damage down there would require less, but I think they'd need to have a pretty diseased bladder for less than a gram of ketamine to cause them any serious problems.

Doing drugs/being dehydrated can easily cause a UTI. I wouldn't worry about it.

Last edited:
1: The ketamine needed recooked
2: Didn't drink enough water

Simple as that.
pretty sure recooking k will have no effect on bladder symptoms either way.

Most likely, psychosomatic. Bladder extremely sensitive to such things.
Secondmost, UTI either coincidentally or just from dehydration from a weekend of partying.

Last edited:
Be rest assured that there's just zero chance that this level of ketamine use has caused some kind of organ damage.

I'm from the UK and ketamine was up until recently very, abundant pure and cheap. I've known a lot of people to take ketamine, and I've known a lot of people to take it excessively or to even habitually consume it for years on end.

Out of all of these people, I've known only one to develop some kind of medically diagnosed organ damage, and he was seriously chronically abusing ketamine for many years. By that stage people are snorting gram lines just to have any kind of effect, and consuming bulk quantities over the course of the week (usually selling it and snorting the profits).

I believe the person in question is waiting on some kind of bladder transplant or something. I'm afraid that whilst my details are sketchy, I know that he has certainly caused serious, irreparable damage, and it's no rumour. He's a friend, but he lives in London and it's all been kept relatively quiet, so I don't know anything more. I know that his addiction is so bad that he was caught using ketamine by his girlfriend recently (post-diagnosis) though.

Eitherway, it really appears to require serious chronic abuse. Perhaps somebody with existing damage down there would require less, but I think they'd need to have a pretty diseased bladder for less than a gram of ketamine to cause them any serious problems.

Doing drugs/being dehydrated can easily cause a UTI. I wouldn't worry about it.

A lot of sensible replies in this thread but I singled out this one to reply to.
Thanks a lot for the advice, friend. I'm definitely feeling better today in the bladder department and have been necking cranberry juice/plenty of water in order to flush myself out.

I get dull pain in my lower back for a day or two every time I take ketamine, which is not often at all, and always in very small amounts.
Last time it was recooked right in front of me, so I don't think that makes a difference at all.
Could be psychosomatic though. Hard to tell.