• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Might graduate to Heroin for pain releif looking for as much advice as possible

I beg you NOT to do this. The first time you try it, you could have bad luck and it could be cut with fentanyl and you die. PLEASE THINK OF YOUR FAMILY and Loved Ones and LISTEN.

We definitely appreciate the sentiment scott and as a community composed of many active drug addicts, we often need all of the love and positivity that we can get, but please, in the future refrain from making "Just Say No" comments in the Harm Reduction forums. We all totally understand that your heart is in the right place when you say this, but history has shown us that adopting a position of "Just Say No" regarding highly addictive and dangerous drugs like Heroin can be very harmful and counterproductive to the conversation that should be happening.

Nobody's hurt. Nobody is upset, just please try to understand.

Yeah, after thinking about it, my post above was probably about as effective as someone telling me to stop smoking cigarettes or Nancy Reagan's "Just Say No" which didn't work. I get it. Thanks, Keif. If you have time, I wish you could help me on my Hysingla thread. Thanks again.

There just isn't any way to take street heroin safely. It's getting cut with fentanyl at an ever increasing rate these days and with such a low tolerance it won't take much to kill you.

Also like hydroazaunacaine said your tolerance is going to shoot up. If you can stick with moderate doses of codeine your tolerance will stay lower even assuming you would be taking equivalent doses of heroin.

No pun intended?

Lyrica is Awesome

I am prescribed both 75mg capsules (1 every morning) and 150mg capsules (2 x per day), its effects are similar to XTC/GHB. It is a unique drug, I find it creates a 'floatiness, relaxing' feeling at higher doses. If you take a dose of 300mg with an opiate, it increases the opiate high by a good 50% at least for me it did. It is a VERY expensive drug, <snip> I think that is why a lot of people who don't have insurance coverage can?t afford it. I?m entirely convinced it has serious potential to be especially useful for withdrawing from opiates/benzos or as a comedown aid for stimulants. It was prescribed to me for some serious nerve damage (neurotrophy). I have taken it for so long my doctor decided to switch to Gabapentin. Love the Gabapentin and it works great, but now I have nearly 200 pills and I wasted a lot of cash in co-pays.

mod edit:
Sorry Roxiesmom but price discussion isn't allowed.

Last edited by a moderator:
STICK with low doses, tolerance will SHOOT UP....

Both earnestly unintentional, this place is doing something to me. Plz no ban Keif

Now that i feel a bit better I just want to say thankyou for everyone who took the time to reply much &#55357;&#56472;

I am prescribed both 75mg capsules (1 every morning) and 150mg capsules (2 x per day), its effects are similar to XTC/GHB. It is a unique drug, I find it creates a 'floatiness, relaxing' feeling at higher doses. If you take a dose of 300mg with an opiate, it increases the opiate high by a good 50% at least for me it did. It is a VERY expensive drug, <snip> I think that is why a lot of people who don't have insurance coverage can?t afford it. I?m entirely convinced it has serious potential to be especially useful for withdrawing from opiates/benzos or as a comedown aid for stimulants. It was prescribed to me for some serious nerve damage (neurotrophy). I have taken it for so long my doctor decided to switch to Gabapentin. Love the Gabapentin and it works great, but now I have nearly 200 pills and I wasted a lot of cash in co-pays.

mod edit:
Sorry Roxiesmom but price discussion isn't allowed.
Could you please compare LyricA to Gabapentin for me, the buzz as well as the analgesia?

Yea, the respective megathreads are a treasure trove of empirical user data if you're willing to wade through them.

I mean it all depends i would only snort half a bag and see how it went...for you (and i dont recommend it..because it ruined my life for years) would be to tread carefully..shits all cut with fentanyl now just be careful...just smoke the herbs

SORRY...... I didn't realize that and didnt mean to break the rules. I was only sharing that it is VERY expensive and the pharma companies are rip offs

LyricA and Gabapentin go straight to your central nervouse system, I have done large doses of both and the only difference is that lyrica is WAY stronger. I am taking Gabapentin 300 mg 3 x per day and there is no buzz for me I function normal which because I am in school now that is what I needed. LyricA on the other hand will knock your dick in the dirt you feel like you are floating.

so what makes h so damn addictive and possesive keeping in mine im a long term user of coeeine and dhc so i know whats what you dont need to say dont do that it will ruin your life etc not that you would be wrong mind you and I do appreciate the caring but I think people like me the more we get told not to do something or to do it makes us want to do the oppositew I dunno im probably rambling a bit cus im high &#55357;&#56885;

Nah im gonna stick to codeine even if i did want to try h I wouldn't know where to begin to look..

I suffer from nerve pain too I certainly sympathise with u it's horrible isn't it! I severed my left radial nerve resulting in peripheral neuropathy. I've had two failed operations and according to my consultant I'll probably have life long pain.

I've tried all the common nerve pain meds like Gabapentin, Pregabalin, and Amitriptyline and none of them worked.

So me and my doctor made the decision to go the opioid route. Here in the UK pain patients get put on a pain medication ladder, basically u start on the weakest opioid and u work ur way up from there.

My pain med ladder progressed like this, in descending order, the 1st bein the weakest:

1. Codeine Phosphate >
2. Tramadol >
3. Dihydrocodeine >
4. Oramorph (liquid oral Morphine) >
5. ZoMorph ER (extended release Morphine capsules, similar to MSContin) >
6. Longtec ER (extended release Oxycodone tablets, similar to OxyContin) >
7. Shortec IR (instant release Oxycodone capsules).

I stopped at Shortec as it was giving me adequate relief but I had a few dose increases, I'm on 120mg daily.

Hang in there buddy don't give up. If you live in the UK then ur doctor should be implementing the pain med ladder scheme.

Theres obviously stronger opioids than Oxycodone on the pain ladder but thank God I didn't need to go to anything stronger like Fentanyl!

Don't turn to H try and rely on ur doc first!

Take care buddy!