• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Might graduate to Heroin for pain releif looking for as much advice as possible

Ganjcat

Bluelighter
Hey guys as some of you know I have used H but I dont have a proper habit and actually prefer weaker opiates because its easier to kdep my tolerance-high ratio in check anyway i have a rather important question which is can heroin be effectively used for pain releif for example codeine if you take 60 mg(well me anyway) this will provide pain releif and maybe a little sedation and then if i take 150 mg this is where effects can be a lot stronger but anyway my point is codeine is so easy to effectively use because of these big gaps between pain releif and euphoria so getting back to my question, are heroin doses long term good for this because I imagine with heroin its harder to get the dose right well I know this a bit but im still a noobie to Heroin but if i do decide to use H for pain releif(which I probably wont to be honest) I want to know all I can and dose as good as possible because I dont just use opiates to get high(not saying people here do), I use them for a rare nerve pain condition which is difficult to disgnose this has affected me since I was 16 god I was deppresseed until I discovered the likes of marijuana and opiates.

I would say err on the side of caution before going back to heroin. I'm not sure where you are located geographically, but it is very hard to find pure H. I would graduate to a stronger prescription/licit opiate first: oxycontin, hydromorphone, dilaudid as codeine has a short half life and other opiates are just more effective. If you get your script from a doctor, great, but if you buy pills on the street please exercise caution. Use a much smaller amount than you are used to initially, try to use with a friend around, and even better if that friend knows how to administer naloxone. Many pills are pressed these days, have additives and could potentially be contaminated with fentanyal (which may be an issue for you if you don't have much tolerance). Heroin can last quite a few hours (if you inject it, i'm not sure of your method), but prescription opiates also have this effect, particularly if they are extended release. Good luck and let us know what you decide

Last edited:
you?ll wreck your tolerance so fast. the idea of using street dope for pain control is a bad joke.

So I can't just take tiny amounts not enough to get high just enough for pain relief obviously I know this won't protect me from addiction but I thought it I only use it now and again as a substitute for my codeine and dihydrocodeine and took no more than the equivalent dose of my normal Pain meds then the skag technically shouldn't effect my tolerance any more than my pain meds.

And please guys if I do decide to take H I will I'm a grown man I can make my own chabojt , sometimes when I have no pain meds left and no pharmacies are open I have wondered about getting some H just to 'see me through' but I think some part of me wanted to try it but that part of my is in control but the sensible part of me wonders if I did get some H when I was out of meds and I took just enough to get well weather it would have been that bad or just stopped my suffering and then I pick up my meds and think nothing else of it..

But ultimately I'm glad I haven't done H and I have had a few chances once I found over ?5000s worth easy of coke and H I could of easily took a bit and no one would notice although part of me did want to but that's just natural curiosity but guys I can't stress enough how much I value and appreciate your advice,don't think I would make the choice lightly because I wouldn't if I sound like I would I'm just thinking out loud

There just isn't any way to take street heroin safely. It's getting cut with fentanyl at an ever increasing rate these days and with such a low tolerance it won't take much to kill you.

Also like hydroazaunacaine said your tolerance is going to shoot up. If you can stick with moderate doses of codeine your tolerance will stay lower even assuming you would be taking equivalent doses of heroin.

If you decide you absolutely must do this (not recommended) the only measure you could use to dose with any kind of safety is with volumetric dosing.

This involves dissolving a carefully weighed quantity of drug into a carefully measured volume of water and thoroughly mixing until the solution is homogenous. You still have to assume the purity of the heroin though which still doesn't make this safe.

60mg of codeine works and you wanna use dope? Cmon now. Not being rude and if you wanna get high, thats one thing, but to treat pain? No. Theres zero guarantee of potency and purity.

I have decided to stay away because the more I think about it the more I get a bad feeling in my gut after this year I'm gonna cut down my usage which won't be easy with my nerve pain but I can handle it I just have been dosing more than I should simple because I'm in so much pain sometimes I just keep taking them until they work and this is what messed up my tolerance I have learnt to little to late mind you that I need to be more patient with doses and Also make sure I don't eat anything at least one hour before even sweets then as soon as I pop the first one or two I lay down straight away but because of my careless dosing I have no choice to cut down or just quit for a few weeks and only take them in emergency it's either that or I keep have to increasing the dose of they don't work and I don't need anyone to tell me where that will lead..

Thank you so much and have a Merry Christmas.

Dont do it. Especially with such a low tolerance. If anything move to hydrocodone or oxycodone but I wouldn't suggest that either

I can empathize with your situation Pete and i'm not saying you should cut out opiates completely if you legitimately need them, but street heroin is not something to be trifled with.

Do you have access to a doctor? Maybe talk to them about other options for treating your pain. There are non opioid drugs used to treat nerve pain and if opiates end up working best for you then that's fine but the last thing you should do is go to heroin.

Hydrocodone's potency is roughly 10mg hydrocodone = 60mg of codeine.

I can empathize with your situation Pete and i'm not saying you should cut out opiates completely if you legitimately need them, but street heroin is not something to be trifled with.

Do you have access to a doctor? Maybe talk to them about other options for treating your pain. There are non opioid drugs used to treat nerve pain and if opiates end up working best for you then that's fine but the last thing you should do is go to heroin.

Hydrocodone's potency is roughly 10mg hydrocodone = 60mg of codeine.

I get what you are saying falsifiedhypothesi but I think you slightly miss understood me it's not at that stage(yet) my meds work fine as long as stick to the doses prescribed I'm fine so I don t need to see the doctor I did see him last year about my meds and he doubled my dose which was a godsend in fact now I wonder how I even got high off the previous dose anywayyyy the only reason I am asking this question is because, as stated above I want to be prepared and have as much harm reduction knowledge as possible I also have a fascination with opiates ever since I first laid eyes on them I believe it was my destiny to find opiates especially with my nerve pain which lead me to them in the first place but I'm going off topic here,

All I want to know now is say I have 2 bags of heroin and they are the safest ones available where would I go from there how do I work out the best dose, roa the skaghead pose etc no but seriously lol I have before when it's been the weekend and all the chemists at closed I have no meds and then suddenly like it was waiting for me to be out of meds my nerve pain flares up and I feel like smashing my head against the wall until I knock myself uncoincress I never do knock myself out though.. It's times like THESE where I think is this suffering really worth it would one dose of H hurt if I make sure it's equivalent to the codeine dose I take it I was in hospital with this pain they would give me morphine so what is the difference? Apart from the obvious purity issue I have considered buying 1 bag of H and putting away somewhere tucked away nice and deeply...and I'm only allowed to use it, if I'm in complete agony.

Well this is what i'm trying to warn you about, "say I have 2 bags of heroin and they are the safest ones available" you can't assume that. I know it's a hypothetical but if you ever made that assumption you'd be in serious danger, that's all i'm trying to say.

You can't say "Apart from the obvious purity issue" because that is the entire issue. If you had pure pharmaceutical heroin i would say yeah, you should be fine, because as long as you know the purity diamorphine is just another opiate, albeit an extremely addictive opiate but very predictable. Street heroin is unpredictable and purity could vary from 2% heroin/98% cut all the way up to +30% fentanyl, and you have no way of knowing without a lab test.

If you do use it, start as small as possible. > snip < Say you have .1 start out at doing about 1/4 of it. Wait about an hour then go from there (not saying this is when the drug wears off, usually last around 4-8 hours in my experience). I can't stress this part enough when it comes to hard drugs: "You can always do more but you can never do less" its always better to be safe than sorry. Every bag you get do a very very small amount to gauge how strong it is, even if its from the same dealer and even if they claim its the same batch. Would recommend you research all of the overdose symptoms and warnings (you may not even have a warning and its lights out) also it would be best to be with a friend the first time. Not trying to scare you, that's just how it is with this drug. But definitely try to get your hands on stronger pills before you turn to H. Codiene is about the weakest opiate there is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty much the same as other opiates, I guess more towards oxy, it just takes less to get high

If you do use it, start as small as possible. Usually where im from it is $10 a .1 which is 1/10th a gram. Say you have .1 start out at doing about 1/4 of it. Wait about an hour then go from there (not saying this is when the drug wears off, usually last around 4-8 hours in my experience). I can't stress this part enough when it comes to hard drugs: "You can always do more but you can never do less" its always better to be safe than sorry. Every bag you get do a very very small amount to gauge how strong it is, even if its from the same dealer and even if they claim its the same batch. Would recommend you research all of the overdose symptoms and warnings (you may not even have a warning and its lights out) also it would be best to be with a friend the first time. Not trying to scare you, that's just how it is with this drug. But definitely try to get your hands on stronger pills before you turn to H. Codiene is about the weakest opiate there is.

Thanks

Sorry but that's a very stupid idea... Just being real.
Maybe to you it is but if you was in my shoes it wouldn't simply be a stupid idea although you are probably right I already decided I'm gonna wean myself off my meds anyway and take low doses as soon as these doses stop working I mean myself off again and rinse and repeat.

I have RA (rheumatoid arthritis) AS (ankylosing spondylitis). Also, I had a TKA (total knee replacement) at age 26. Currently on methadone for drug addiction and pain. So I know pain very well. Unfortunately, were old friends. No disrespect to you at all but getting addicted to dirty street heroin for pain relief is not smart at all. Come on, you know that lol

Starting to have thoughts again.. If I did get some what would be a good dose could I put a bit in a spliff?