• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos midazolam

kush407smoke

Bluelighter
Do y'all think it's possible to get midazolam vials for IM injection

I was gonna tell doc I had a panic attack and went to the hospital and they imed me 5 mg ??? I already told him benzos don't work for me but I'm gonna say I musta only had low doses

What y'all think the chances are??

Do y'all think it's possible to get midazolam vials for IM injection

I was gonna tell doc I had a panic attack and went to the hospital and they imed me 5 mg ??? I already told him benzos don't work for me but I'm gonna say I musta only had low doses

What y'all think the chances are??
Highly doubtful. Works great tho for twilight sleep at the dental surgeon. I love it.

Highly doubtful. Works great tho for twilight sleep at the dental surgeon. I love it.

Figured I'd ask around n see if anybody knew anything I figured it was highly doubtful but it's on goodrx so it hasta be prescribed right?

just because a drug is prescribed doesn't mean it can be dispensed for outpatient use

They came out with a midazolam nasal spray for some seizures, outpatient, not that long ago. Emergency medicine, midazolam is coming up.

For panic attacks, outpatient, by a GP/PCP say, no way would you get a prescription from your scenario. Please don't lie to your doctors for benzos.

HAzC may not be wrong though...

They use Midazolam nasal sprey before surgery to get children, nervous people or the ones with anxiety issues calm down. Never heard it prescribed for personal use.

I have 2 5mg plastic ampoules of Midaz solution here, I believe each is mixed with saline and is more like 1mg.
I give it to my 13 year old (it’s just dispensed onto her gum) when her seizures last longer than 6 or so minutes, to put her in a coma and prevent brain damage.

1mg of that shit is enough to knock her the fuck out for a good couple hours and so far she hasn’t built any tolerance to it despite needing it frequently. Tis some strong ass shit.

Anyhow I’m rambling.
How good can you fake a seizure? 😂
Then tell them you live too far from emergency services. They’ll make do a course for 3 hours on how deadly the stuff is (.1mg too much and they can die from respiratory failure) and then send you on your way with the stuff.
I think it’s safe to inject, just mixed with saline???

I’d try it myself, but I prefer my kid not dead.

I have 2 5mg plastic ampoules of Midaz solution here, I believe each is mixed with saline and is more like 1mg.
I give it to my 13 year old (it’s just dispensed onto her gum) when her seizures last longer than 6 or so minutes, to put her in a coma and prevent brain damage.

1mg of that shit is enough to knock her the fuck out for a good couple hours and so far she hasn’t built any tolerance to it despite needing it frequently. Tis some strong ass shit.

Anyhow I’m rambling.
Then tell them you live too far from emergency services. They’ll make do a course for 3 hours on how deadly the stuff is (.1mg too much and they can die from respiratory failure) and then send you on your way with the stuff.

Yeah, it's often used sublingual for children with epilepsy. It's mode of action making it superior to diazepam in these instances, although rectal diazepam is often used instead. The problem being that the child is obviously not able to swallow a tablet when they are having a seizure and parenteral administration isn't possible or appropriate...

Sorry to hear that your daughter has this condition ..my heart goes out to you both <3

Yeah, it's often used sublingual for children with epilepsy. It's mode of action making it superior to diazepam in these instances, although rectal diazepam is often used instead. The problem being that the child is obviously not able to swallow a tablet when they are having a seizure and parenteral administration isn't possible or appropriate...

Sorry to hear that your daughter has this condition ..my heart goes out to you both <3
Aww thank you so much for your thoughts honey, they’re appreciated greatly 💖
It’s a bitch of a disease.
But we are luckier than a lot, no lasting brain damage yet, just a lazy eye that comes and goes.

I actually refused the midaz initially, the thought of giving a child something so potentially lethal scared me more than her seizures did.
Til we witnessed one go for 9.5 minutes, making her go blue like a smurf and froth at the mouth. Thought we’d lost her.
Now I’m like ‘yeah, can I have 26 vials please? Just in case’ lol

Alas we can only have 2 at a time unless I become a paramedic.

Never heard of it being used for anything other than an anaesthesia tho, and I need the appropriate credentials to bring it home.
Americans in general get WAY stronger drugs than us ya lucky fuckers lol

Here in Eastern Europe, at least in my country, you can get midazolam tablets, brand name Dormicum (Roche). It comes in 7.5mg and 15mg strengths and is given for short treatment of major insomnia. Tablets are possible but harder and harder to get. Solution is impossible to get outside hospital setting.

I must add that I would advise against using midazolam as it will escalate your benzo tolerance pretty rapidly. If somebody is not dependent IV midazolam can get him dependent in the matter of days not weeks. It is just not worth it even if you could get it.

15mg!!!!!
Holy mother of god, tablets must be different to the liquid lol
Wanna post me some to try? 😂😂

Anyhow I’m rambling.

So sorry to hear this!
My Love, Thoughts, and Prayers go out to your daughter and all the family!
❤️

So sorry to hear this!
My Love, Thoughts, and Prayers go out to your daughter and all the family!

Thank you so much 😍
I appreciate all the loving vibes being sent because I mentioned our crappy situation, I obviously meant to do so in jest, rather than looking for sympathy but hey we will take the sympathy, since we can’t have the midaz 🤷‍♂️
X

Well, it has low oral bioavailability but 15mg ones are pretty strong hypnotics, especially if you take them sublingualy. I do not get them anymore so I could not post them even if I was willing to do such a thing. But I am not. I do not want to give my medication to my family member let alone somebody else.

I know you were joking but combine midazolam (which is water soluble) with some opioid and you have perfect OD recipe. I repeat that I am not impressed with midazolam "high". I enjoy diazepam or bromazepam much more if relaxation is my goal. Midazolam sends you either straight to sleep or, if you have high tolerance, you go into some weird hypnotic world which you do not control very much. Midazolam is potent but is not that enjoyable and has short duration of action.

When I used to take them I would take 30mg, fall asleep just to wake up 2 hours later. If I redosed it would happen that I would not go back to sleep but to work while on 75-105mg midazolam. Now that was fun... o_O Tolerance escalates pretty fast and that is the reason I do not want to use it anymore. I would advise against recreational use of midazolam. Heck, I would even advise against use for insomnia because rapid tolerance and dependence I mentioned.

Overall it is useful benzo that should be left for special purpuses like stopping seizures and premedication for surgery.

Take care everybody :)

Agreed. Here it is used only for anaesthetic purposes and I’d guess it’d be very difficult get the dose just right so as not to put you in a coma state while still enjoying some self control with the buzz.

I was DEFINITELY joking lol

That said I love the feeling of going under for surgery too though, that soft dream like drift is so peaceful.
I’m always so disappointed when I wake up fresh as a daisy only an hour later.
In the old days you’d be tripping balls for a good couple hours after coming to. They’re ruining all the good legal highs man 😂

Ibe had the 7.5mg white one's and 15mg blue ones. At my worst I was injecting 2 15mg tablets at once. Lowering the ph of the water to make it more soluble to fit in the barrel.

Good benzo but I'd rather have tried rohypnol or nimetazepam if given the option

Aww thank you so much for your thoughts honey, they’re appreciated greatly 💖
It’s a bitch of a disease.
But we are luckier than a lot, no lasting brain damage yet, just a lazy eye that comes and goes.

I actually refused the midaz initially, the thought of giving a child something so potentially lethal scared me more than her seizures did.
Til we witnessed one go for 9.5 minutes, making her go blue like a smurf and froth at the mouth. Thought we’d lost her.
Now I’m like ‘yeah, can I have 26 vials please? Just in case’ lol

Alas we can only have 2 at a time unless I become a paramedic.

Never heard of it being used for anything other than an anaesthesia tho, and I need the appropriate credentials to bring it home.
Americans in general get WAY stronger drugs than us ya lucky fuckers lol

That's awful, I have a daughter and can't imagine how painful it must be till watch your child gp through something like that... I'm so sorry for you both, I really am <3

I actually am a qualified paramedic (I had to do something after leaving the army... and "jumping out of planes and shooting shit in foreign countries" doesn't have a great deal of cross-over into civilian life so I chose the ambulance service over some type of PMC/bodyguarding type of job that many of my former comrades chose... that's not something you can do long term anyway... I'm getting too old for that kind of shit.

Anyway, when it comes to seizures, we have basically 2 choices... IV or rectal diazepam. Usually if the seizure is actively happening when we arrive, it's rectal diazepam and then when we get the chance to cannulate the patient, 10mg IV diazepam to prevent any further seizures. Some, but not all, paramedics do carry midazloam (UK based btw) but it's only ever used intravenously in a cocktails with ketamine and fentanyl to induce general anesthetic by the side of the road as it's one of the few methods of GA that doesn't suppress the breathing reflex and thus doesn't require thr patient being or on a machine to do the breathing for them...

That's awful, I have a daughter and can't imagine how painful it must be till watch your child gp through something like that... I'm so sorry for you both, I really am <3

I actually am a qualified paramedic (I had to do something after leaving the army... and "jumping out of planes and shooting shit in foreign countries" doesn't have a great deal of cross-over into civilian life so I chose the ambulance service over some type of PMC/bodyguarding type of job that many of my former comrades chose... that's not something you can do long term anyway... I'm getting too old for that kind of shit.

Anyway, when it comes to seizures, we have basically 2 choices... IV or rectal diazepam. Usually if the seizure is actively happening when we arrive, it's rectal diazepam and then when we get the chance to cannulate the patient, 10mg IV diazepam to prevent any further seizures. Some, but not all, paramedics do carry midazloam (UK based btw) but it's only ever used intravenously in a cocktails with ketamine and fentanyl to induce general anesthetic by the side of the road as it's one of the few methods of GA that doesn't suppress the breathing reflex and thus doesn't require thr patient being or on a machine to do the breathing for them...

Layla (my baby) had the coma cocktail you mention, with added morphine during her worst state yet, a 5 day induced coma on full life support to keep her alive while she recovered from 18 hours of seizures that the entire hospital was sure she’d be brain dead from, even on that cocktail an eeg showed that the drugs were only masking the seizures, she was still fitting under it all.

Little bugger surprised us all by waking up as soon they reduced her anaesthesia and trying to rip out her breathing tube lol
All that and she’s still the same little smart ass she always was.

Midaz is the go to treatment for those of us (Australia) that aren’t close enough to an ambulance depot for paramedics reach us within 5 minutes, but we have to have first aid qualifications and be certified to keep it at home.
I am SO glad I don’t have to try give her a suppository during a seizure, that would be FUCKED 😂 the drops are often hard enough to get in her mouth.

Strange, the difference in procedure from place to place isn’t it?
Diazepam was used on Layla when we were on holiday in QLD (still Aus) the way you describe, but first response in South Aus where we live is always midaz.
Is it easier or harder to OD them on the Valium?
We give her 5ml solution (1ml midaz 4ml saline) and if she is still seizing 2 minutes later we apply more in .1ml increments til they cease.

I’ve grown used to all this over the last 3 years, but to begin with it was the most horrifying ordeal imaginable.
You don’t know what’s worse, doing nothing and watching them die from a seizure, or accidentally ODing them on midaz and actually killing them yourself

Layla (my baby) had the coma cocktail you mention, with added morphine during her worst state yet, a 5 day induced coma on full life support to keep her alive while she recovered from 18 hours of seizures that the entire hospital was sure she’d be brain dead from, even on that cocktail an eeg showed that the drugs were only masking the seizures, she was still fitting under it all.

Little bugger surprised us all by waking up as soon they reduced her anaesthesia and trying to rip out her breathing tube lol
All that and she’s still the same little smart ass she always was.

Midaz is the go to treatment for those of us (Australia) that aren’t close enough to an ambulance depot for paramedics reach us within 5 minutes, but we have to have first aid qualifications and be certified to keep it at home.
I am SO glad I don’t have to try give her a suppository during a seizure, that would be FUCKED 😂 the drops are often hard enough to get in her mouth.

Strange, the difference in procedure from place to place isn’t it?
Diazepam was used on Layla when we were on holiday in QLD (still Aus) the way you describe, but first response in South Aus where we live is always midaz.
Is it easier or harder to OD them on the Valium?
We give her 5ml solution (1ml midaz 4ml saline) and if she is still seizing 2 minutes later we apply more in .1ml increments til they cease.

I’ve grown used to all this over the last 3 years, but to begin with it was the most horrifying ordeal imaginable.
You don’t know what’s worse, doing nothing and watching them die from a seizure, or accidentally ODing them on midaz and actually killing them yourself

It's actually it's very difficult to overdose a patient on benzodiazepines alone, I'm not saying it's not totaly impossible but it is very, very hard to achieve. The main dangers come into play when benzodiazepines are mixed with other central nervous system depressants such as opiates,alcohol, barbiturates, pregabalin etc but just straight benzos on their own are really quite difficult to overdose from (but as I say, certainly not impossible either) especially if they are fake and contain god only knows what. There is an antidote for benzos called Flumazenil

Last edited:
It's actually it's very difficult to overdose a patient on benzodiazepines alone, I'm not saying it's not totaly impossible but it is very very hard to achieve. Thee main factor comes into play When benzodiazepines are mixed with other central nervous system depressants such as opiates,alcohol, barbiturates, pregabalin etc but just straight benzos on their own arereally quite difficult to overdose from but not impossible, especially if they are snise and contain good good only knows what. There is an antidote for benzos called Flumazenil
That’s actually really good to know, thank you.
They told us in training that if we gave even .1ml too much we could put them into respiratory distress and kill them, that’s always in the back of my mind when I need to re dose (which thankfully rarely happens)
I’m a naturally nervous personality so it’s taken A LOT of self control to learn to stay calm and administer correctly during a grand mal that my mind is just desperately fighting me to stop before she loses too much oxygen.

I guess they tell us stuff like that so we DONT overreact and give them too much 🤷‍♂️

That’s actually really good to know, thank you.
They told us in training that if we gave even .1ml too much we could put them into respiratory distress and kill them, that’s always in the back of my mind when I need to re dose (which thankfully rarely happens)
I’m a naturally nervous personality so it’s taken A LOT of self control to learn to stay calm and administer correctly during a grand mal that my mind is just desperately fighting me to stop before she loses too much oxygen.

I guess they tell us stuff like that so we DONT overreact and give them too much 🤷‍♂️

(I've edited my previous post to get rid of all the typos that trying to type on a phone enough using only my off hand (lwhich is myeft hand, snce I'm right handed) produces.

Most of the "benzo overdoses" you read about are not caused strictly from benzos alone. As a rule in almost all cases, it's benzos in combination with another central nervous system depressant such as opioids (particularly methadone) and alcohol etc.

Unless your daughter also happens to be prescribed some form of narcotic pain medication for her condition then you have nothing to worry about from the medicinal doses of midazolam shes been given to curtail her seizures.... Even then, I would still so you have nothing to worry about as the doses of narcotic pain reliever and benzodiazepine would have been factored in together was to absolutely minimise the risk of overdose to pretty much zero....