• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Mid life drug crisis.

Cosmo7

Greenlighter
Anyone else out here took years off then jump back in with no rhyme or reason. Experimented a bit when I was younger, coke, MDMA, meth, opioids even research chemicals like AMT. Kept on with coke over the years but recently got reintroduced to mdma. Which prompted me to get back into this community. Even just micro dosing felt like it opened up an old door. I can't do even easy drugs like I use to but taking a bit of molly gave me a feeling I thought I lost. Anyone else go through a similar hiatus then get back into it?

Yeah when I was younger (in the UK legal high years) I experimented with a lot of research chemicals like Pyrazolam, Diclazepam, Etizolam, Mephedrone, AMT and a boat load of synthetic cannabinoids). Stopped for a while then jumped back in with Pregabalin, Diazepam, Alprazolam, Modafinil and Tapentadol.

More it’s mostly Pregabalin and a side of Tapentadol the odd time.

Last edited:
I don’t really relate to this too much. A lot of my younger life was spent (ab)using various drugs before settling on a healthy diet of dope and crank. Since that time I’ve stopped using street drugs and embraced a more moderate pattern of us, although I never really stopped 100 percent and doubt that I ever will tbh

I don’t really relate to this too much. A lot of my younger life was spent (ab)using various drugs before settling on a healthy diet of dope and crank. Since that time I’ve stopped using street drugs and embraced a more moderate pattern of us, although I never really stopped 100 percent and doubt that I ever will tbh
I don't think I'll ever stop stop drinking and doin coke. But I have reached a point where those dont give me much satisfaction and micro dosing that molly seemed to give me a sense of maybe I can slow down. Let's dump some dopamine instead. Trade one devil for the other I guess.

Are you doing hard stimulants? (Cocaine/Meth) My cardiovascular system is pretty beat up from meth/stimulant use/abuse for the past twenty years. I’m hoping to live to retirement age at this point…
Na. Pot, psychedelics, occasional booze. Maybe occasional prescription drugs since they seem to throw them at older folks.
Mostly reefer and occasional psychedelics.

"We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time"
T.S. Elliot

"What a long, strange, trip it's been"
Robert Hunter

Are you doing hard stimulants? (Cocaine/Meth) My cardiovascular system is pretty beat up from meth/stimulant use/abuse for the past twenty years. I’m hoping to live to retirement age at this point…

My past has probably put me in a position where if I reached retirement I would be a lil shocked. But let me share an eye opener I went through recently. I work at a production plant where my lead was the straightest arrow you would ever meet. 59 years old never been been in a relationship no kids just family that didn't even live in the area. Saved all his money, like all of it lived in a hotel down the street from work until he had the cash to buy land and started building the house he wanted. The running joke was that he probably had a couple million buried somewhere. Which he hinted many times that it wasn't far from the truth. Odd guy but nonetheless his goal in life was to retire with his dream home and no debt. This past 4th of July weekend we got 9 days off on the first day back he didn't show up and didn't call which is very off. Another lead that morning who was a friend of his called his wife to go check on him. And sadly found him at the house in a chair long passed. Paramedics said he had probably been there a few days but no one was around to check on him.

All he ever talked about was how he was ready to retire and enjoy his life's earnings and never made it there. My take away was yes I want to live as long as I can but life may have other plans so yes I've done things that have taken years off my life. I don't know if retirement is going to be a goal of mine anymore. I'm not advocating doing dumb shit and fucking up the life we got left I'm just thinking.......well I don't know what I'm thinking yet.