Microplastics and Low T/Sperm Counts

Foreigner

Bluelighter

Microplastics have been found in human testicles, with researchers saying the discovery might be linked to declining sperm counts in men.

The scientists tested 23 human testes, as well as 47 testes from pet dogs. They found microplastic pollution in every sample.

The human testicles had been preserved and so their sperm count could not be measured. However, the sperm count in the dogs’ testes could be assessed and was lower in samples with higher contamination with PVC. The study demonstrates a correlation but further research is needed to prove microplastics cause sperm counts to fall.

Sperm counts in men have been falling for decades, with chemical pollution such as pesticides implicated by many studies. Microplastics have also recently been discovered in human blood, placentas and breast milk, indicating widespread contamination of people’s bodies. The impact on health is as yet unknown but microplastics have been shown to cause damage to human cells in the laboratory.

It's a small sample size, but I've seen other studies like it. PFAS are also a concern. All water reservoirs on planet Earth are contaminated with them now, and it's in the rain falling on our heads.

I've found it a bit mind boggling that humanity is so hung up over CO2 levels and other greenhouse gases, but there is so little attention put on how much chemical pollution we are saturating our entire world with. We literally have plastic in our cells now, with no known way to detox this shit. Nature can't absorb anymore, it seems. All of the products we put on our skin, the drugs we take, and all the other products we use... they move through our bodies and just end up back in the environment.

I just wanted to post this here because it relates to hormones and I have personally met quite a few guys in recent years who are low T. Just wanted to know you're not alone and the reason may be related to our contaminated world.

It's a small sample size, but I've seen other studies like it. PFAS are also a concern. All water reservoirs on planet Earth are contaminated with them now, and it's in the rain falling on our heads.

I've found it a bit mind boggling that humanity is so hung up over CO2 levels and other greenhouse gases, but there is so little attention put on how much chemical pollution we are saturating our entire world with. We literally have plastic in our cells now, with no known way to detox this shit. Nature can't absorb anymore, it seems. All of the products we put on our skin, the drugs we take, and all the other products we use... they move through our bodies and just end up back in the environment.

I just wanted to post this here because it relates to hormones and I have personally met quite a few guys in recent years who are low T. Just wanted to know you're not alone and the reason may be related to our contaminated world.

But you know why all of this is, don't you? It's because to confront the problem would mean to confront communist China. But few have the courage to do that. Instead you actually find cowards, even on this very website Reeeeeeee over global warming. Cowards!

Edit: And no thread about low testosterone would be complete without: ....

Last edited:
But you know why all of this is, don't you? It's because to confront the problem would mean to confront communist China. But few have the courage to do that. Instead you actually find cowards, even on this very website Reeeeeeee over global warming. Cowards!

What does Communist China have to do with confronting it, exactly?

Capitalist consumption and the need for continuous profit drives massive portions of the pollution, China is just a cog in the machine of producing consumer goods at low cost to keep those profits going

Capitalist consumption and the need for continuous profit drives massive portions of the pollution, China is just a cog in the machine of producing consumer goods at low cost to keep those profits going
We got a winner. Combined with "throw away culture" and "planned obsolescence" and you have a sea of waste that's produced in places that don't give a fuck about the environment and consumed by people that demand cheap products without a care for the origin.

places that don't give a fuck about the environment

You misspelled China.

398828246_dec5379f28_o.jpg.webp

Does the US give a fuck about the environment if they exclusively offshore productions to areas that do stuff like that just to increase profits?