European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Micron filtering in the UK

Jeldon

Greenlighter
Hi, I'm new to the forums so please treat me gently!

I'm an IV user and, while there's a great thread on micron filtration in the US, works (injection equipment) in the UK is completely different from that used across the pond. Has anybody engineered a micron filtration system compatible with UK injection equipment, could they provide links to that equipment and please take the time to write a 'how-to'.

I'm 27 now, I've cut drinking alcohol back to a couple both times a month, started exercising and I've got five years of relatively careless intravenous drug use under my belt.

I'm not prepared to stop enjoying myself but I am nearing a point where I want to look after my veins and internal organs better.

And without trying to sound smug about it: Harm Reduction - isn't that what Bluelight is all about? =P

I really hope we can work something out here.

Cheers!

-J

Seeing as no one else has answered, I'll attempt to - though I have no direct experience with micron filtering myself. Basically, although micron filters aren't compatible with the works we get from drug services, all the necessary equipment can be readily purchased online. You need luer lock syringes which have an industry standard screw thread at the end which the micron filter attaches to then the needle screws into that. You draw your solution/suspension up into the syringe through the filter, then remove the filter and reattach the needle. Then dig and shoot. That's how I understand it anyway.

By the way, when looking for the filters, search for 'wheel filters'. Not sure which is the best size to use, but when I worked in a microbiology lab testing water samples, I think we used 50 micron filters (or it might have been 10 - perhaps Sprout can confirm, my memory isn't what it used to be). These are sufficient to remove all particulate matter and most bacteria - but not viruses or fungal spores.

Last edited:
Thanks mate, the site's amazing. Was getting really worried I'd be unable to afford 'safe' injection practices concerning pills and my pulmonary system from some of the prices I'd seen searching for myself, but this is more than reasonable. Can't thank you enough!

These are what I use. They're compatible with 1ml syringes. I think they remove particles down to 5 microns. Plus yiu lose less product as you would a filter tip..

http://www.exchangesupplies.org/shopdisp_sterifilt_universal.php

Just to confirm luer lock syringes with the screw thread on the end aren't used in UK clinical practice anymore. Just the standard Terumu ones where the needle slides over the end of the barrel (leur slip).

Not sure how this effects the use of micron filters as I've never seen them before.

Last edited:
Thanks mate, the site's amazing. Was getting really worried I'd be unable to afford 'safe' injection practices concerning pills and my pulmonary system from some of the prices I'd seen searching for myself, but this is more than reasonable. Can't thank you enough!

My pleasure :) I'm not 100% sure but I think the ones I've suggested work with both fixed and detachable pins. They just fit snug around the barrel which seems to be a universal size.

Theyre not as fancy as some of the micron filters you see but for the price and them being as effective as they are, they're spot on.