• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Micron Filter first time. What do I do!? Math (i.e proper amount of solution) etc!?

ILikeToEatPeople

Greenlighter
First time Micron Filter use! Not really sure how to proceed.

Say we have 3 Whatman 25MM PVDF 0.2um Sterile Syringe Filters and everything else needed (i.e. Syringes, sterile water, needles, presealed vials etc) and want to prep as much as possible at a time considering we only have 3 filters I'm unsure how to best proceed. If we have perhaps 45 Generic 4mg Dilaudid and 45 Generic 60mg MS Contin (Morphine Sulfate extended release), how much sterile water would we use to dissolve and filter the pills of each type? It would be ideal to filter the entire 45 pills of each the Dilaudid and MS Contin all at once but will filtering 45 pills at a time clog a Whatman filter? Is that too much or can the filters handle that much or more? Basically, how do we figure out how much sterile water to use? We have 60 CC syringes to use for attaching the micron filters. If we would like to take shots of about 8mg - 12mg of Dilaudid at a time and probably 30mg of Morphine at a time (yes, tolerance IS easily at this level) what is the math involved? How much water, solute etc? Basically, if we want to prepare the 45 Dilaudids and 45 MS Contins what do we do? We understand the basic procedure laid out in the beginning of the megathread about this stuff, just unsure of how much water to use and how much drug would be in say 1CC. As in if we filter and make the solution and have 1CC syringes, how much drug would end up being in a full 1CC draw of the syringe? Can anyone layout the math?

Also, it is not best to inject bacteriostatic/sterile water without a solute correct? So, what do we use as a solute? How is this done? If we filter with the sterile water, does that mean that when preparing a shot for injection we at that time mix in some distilled water or saline solution or what? So basically leave the sterile water filtered solution with the drug in it alone and then every time we prepare a shot we use a solute in the syringe being used for injection?

Would a single Whatman filter be able to handle filtering 90 4mg Dilaudids? What about 90 MS Contin? How much can they handle? Hoping it'll be at least 45 pills of each per filter but don't want to try if it's just going to clog. Not really sure if that's entirely too much for a single filter or not.

If I pre-filter with cotton do I just pack some cotton into a syringe, then with the plunger removed put a solution with the drugs in it, replace the plunger and push it out of the syringe through to cotton? Or am I supposed to draw up the solution into the syringe via the needle and then push it back out? Not really sure.

I guess really, we would just want to know how much sterile water to use for filtering if we ultimately want to take 8-12mg shots of Dilaudid and 30mg shots of Morphine considering we are starting with 45 pills of each. Again tolerance IS accounted for and 8mg - 12mg IV Dilaudid is NOT a risk (as ridiculous and lame as that may be ugh).

On a side note, does anyone know of anything in a dilaudid or ms contin pill that would NOT be filtered by the micron filter I am using?

Last edited: