• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Microdosing Suboxone from the nasty street Fent

Bstr83

Greenlighter
There doesn’t seem to be a whole lot of people posting their experience with microdosing the induction to suboxone, so just thought I’d share my experience for anyone it may help.

Background….for anyone that’s tried a “normal” induction process from street fent, if you didn’t already know what precipitated withdrawal felt like, you certainly found out. You would have to wait at least 3 days, probably more depending on your dose, before starting a normal induction. Which let’s be honest, is next to impossible. There’s plenty of random studies about the so called Bernese method of microdosing, mostly positive, but I’ve not seen many user reports of how it actually went for people here or elsewhere. So that’s what this is.

Does it work? Absolutely. Is it perfect? Far from it. But in my experience if your so unfortunate as to be hooked on whatever the fent analogue of the day is it’s really the only way to get on suboxone unless you can tough out three or even four days of WD hell first. I certainly can’t. I’m personally prescribed the 5.7 mg Zubsolv. If you’re on the strips it’s basically the same as an 8mg strip so you can use same breakdowns as below. Now mind you this is what works for me and I’m no doctor so do what works best for yourself. This is just how I’m able to “mostly” make it work….

Day 1, I take 1/8 of my Zubsolv first thing in morning. That small of an amount will actually, or should, make you feel ok at least for a little while. Certainly won’t send you into PW hell. Whenever it starts wearing off and I start to feel crappy I use my fent dose for the day. Whatever I’m getting I can use once per day and stick it out until next day, but use whatever you need to be well. Try not to overdo it though…more on that later.

Day 2….first thing in morning I take 1/4 of my Zubsolv. This will often make me get some minor PW, nothing horrible but it’s uncomfortable sometimes. So have your fent dose at the ready if you need to get out of it. At this point you aren’t filling anywhere close to all your receptors so you will definitely feel the fent, and I think it displaces the bupe in high enough doses anyhow which is why I say it’s not perfect. But again I use just once per day, but do what you need to be well keeping in mind you’re building a second opiate in your system and need to be mindful of OD. And your doing this to try and quit, theoretically, so try and use as little as you need to feel ok.

Day 3….I jump to half a Zubsolv, what would be half a Sun strip. You’ll probably feel a bit shitty after this so again have your fent dose ready. On this day I start to notice the effects of the bupe on the fent, definitely dont get the same buzz. But it will get you out of any withdrawal your feeling at the proper dose for you so don’t worry. You’re just wasting money if a high is all your after. But if your using sub I presume your trying to kick this crap.

Day 4….I go to a full pill dose first thing in morning. You’ll probably get some minor PW but a lot of that may also be in your head. But be ready with your fent dose if needed. You definitely won’t feel much of the fent at this point but it will still make you feel ok as far as any WD.

Day 5 and on you should be good to just maintain your full pill dose of bupe with no more Fent. But honestly I really struggle with this method may this point. I’m an addict. My messed up brain will come up with just about any reason why I should go and use. And when you’re using the fent on top of the bupe, I find it becomes difficult to stop. What I find helps me personally with this is on Day 6 and 7 I take an extra half Zubsolv around 3pm or so. This will settle any cravings and help me make the jump. But it’s definitely risky stacking the two from a mental standpoint. Can you get past that? Yea, for sure but you have to be motivated and maybe use some extra bupe if needed. I really don’t want to take any more than 1 per day so I try my hardest to stay there. But don’t be afraid of taking more Sub. Once you’re up to half a pill you can really take as much as you want the following days, it won’t precipitate withdrawal at that point. Your addict brain may try and convince you that it is so you can justify using again, but it’s really all in your head at that point. I’ve taken as much as 2 zubsolv first thing in morning on day 4 of my little schedule above and been fine. At that point you should have enough in you that your ok. But again this isn’t advice, just my own experience. But yes the method works. I find you can do it faster then Bernese, over about 4 days, with some very mild discomfort. Depends how much pain your willing to go through. But it’s not bad at all for me on the four day plan. Definitely no puking shitting sweating etc etc. But I’ve also gone weeks of still using over the Bupe just cuz again…addict brain….well I can use both now so this os great….except it’s not cuz your wasting money on fent. But yeah it works. Go slower if you want but I wouldn’t recommend much faster than this. Just try and STOP the fent when the Bupe is keeping you well on its own and you’ll be fine.

Best of luck on your journey!

Thanks for sharing this.

We get alot of questions about this and since I don't have personal experience going from fentanyl ---> suboxone I'm never quite sure how to answer these questions exactly (beyond saying "try the Bernese method"). This is a good simple account of the process that might be helpful to people

@H&R mods, though this thread makes sense here, maybe send this thread (or a copy) to BDD since that is where we get most of the questions on this subject. Thinking of making a sticky or mega thread on this subject since it is very pressing topic these days

There doesn’t seem to be a whole lot of people posting their experience with microdosing the induction to suboxone, so just thought I’d share my experience for anyone it may help.

Background….for anyone that’s tried a “normal” induction process from street fent, if you didn’t already know what precipitated withdrawal felt like, you certainly found out. You would have to wait at least 3 days, probably more depending on your dose, before starting a normal induction. Which let’s be honest, is next to impossible. There’s plenty of random studies about the so called Bernese method of microdosing, mostly positive, but I’ve not seen many user reports of how it actually went for people here or elsewhere. So that’s what this is.

Does it work? Absolutely. Is it perfect? Far from it. But in my experience if your so unfortunate as to be hooked on whatever the fent analogue of the day is it’s really the only way to get on suboxone unless you can tough out three or even four days of WD hell first. I certainly can’t. I’m personally prescribed the 5.7 mg Zubsolv. If you’re on the strips it’s basically the same as an 8mg strip so you can use same breakdowns as below. Now mind you this is what works for me and I’m no doctor so do what works best for yourself. This is just how I’m able to “mostly” make it work….

Day 1, I take 1/8 of my Zubsolv first thing in morning. That small of an amount will actually, or should, make you feel ok at least for a little while. Certainly won’t send you into PW hell. Whenever it starts wearing off and I start to feel crappy I use my fent dose for the day. Whatever I’m getting I can use once per day and stick it out until next day, but use whatever you need to be well. Try not to overdo it though…more on that later.

Day 2….first thing in morning I take 1/4 of my Zubsolv. This will often make me get some minor PW, nothing horrible but it’s uncomfortable sometimes. So have your fent dose at the ready if you need to get out of it. At this point you aren’t filling anywhere close to all your receptors so you will definitely feel the fent, and I think it displaces the bupe in high enough doses anyhow which is why I say it’s not perfect. But again I use just once per day, but do what you need to be well keeping in mind you’re building a second opiate in your system and need to be mindful of OD. And your doing this to try and quit, theoretically, so try and use as little as you need to feel ok.

Day 3….I jump to half a Zubsolv, what would be half a Sun strip. You’ll probably feel a bit shitty after this so again have your fent dose ready. On this day I start to notice the effects of the bupe on the fent, definitely dont get the same buzz. But it will get you out of any withdrawal your feeling at the proper dose for you so don’t worry. You’re just wasting money if a high is all your after. But if your using sub I presume your trying to kick this crap.

Day 4….I go to a full pill dose first thing in morning. You’ll probably get some minor PW but a lot of that may also be in your head. But be ready with your fent dose if needed. You definitely won’t feel much of the fent at this point but it will still make you feel ok as far as any WD.

Day 5 and on you should be good to just maintain your full pill dose of bupe with no more Fent. But honestly I really struggle with this method may this point. I’m an addict. My messed up brain will come up with just about any reason why I should go and use. And when you’re using the fent on top of the bupe, I find it becomes difficult to stop. What I find helps me personally with this is on Day 6 and 7 I take an extra half Zubsolv around 3pm or so. This will settle any cravings and help me make the jump. But it’s definitely risky stacking the two from a mental standpoint. Can you get past that? Yea, for sure but you have to be motivated and maybe use some extra bupe if needed. I really don’t want to take any more than 1 per day so I try my hardest to stay there. But don’t be afraid of taking more Sub. Once you’re up to half a pill you can really take as much as you want the following days, it won’t precipitate withdrawal at that point. Your addict brain may try and convince you that it is so you can justify using again, but it’s really all in your head at that point. I’ve taken as much as 2 zubsolv first thing in morning on day 4 of my little schedule above and been fine. At that point you should have enough in you that your ok. But again this isn’t advice, just my own experience. But yes the method works. I find you can do it faster then Bernese, over about 4 days, with some very mild discomfort. Depends how much pain your willing to go through. But it’s not bad at all for me on the four day plan. Definitely no puking shitting sweating etc etc. But I’ve also gone weeks of still using over the Bupe just cuz again…addict brain….well I can use both now so this os great….except it’s not cuz your wasting money on fent. But yeah it works. Go slower if you want but I wouldn’t recommend much faster than this. Just try and STOP the fent when the Bupe is keeping you well on its own and you’ll be fine.

Best of luck on your journey!
Definitely found out the hard way with anticipated withdrawals… got half a gram of fent, it was very potent, burned clear on foil and I’m a light weight so one hit knocks me on my ass, that half lasted me almost 2 weeks.. and I almost killed myself twice. Anyway I ran out and couldn’t find anymore so I went at least 28 hours without fent, and I’m already prescribed 8mg subutexs, I took half of one, still felt like shit, took another half and then I started sweating, my whole body was freezing cold, I kept throwing up and this all happened while I was at work! So had to leave work I work in food industry I definitely couldn’t do the basic needs of my job, so my manager told me to go to the ER & sent me home… I obviously didn’t go to the ER considering I knew exactly what was happening, but thank goodness my HB had a blank doctors note I could have. Anyways long story short you definitely need to wait longer than 2 days to even consider taking subs.. I know you may be feeling shitty most likely you definitely are but I’m telling you it’s not worth making yourself feel 100x even worse!

Definitely found out the hard way with anticipated withdrawals… got half a gram of fent, it was very potent, burned clear on foil and I’m a light weight so one hit knocks me on my ass, that half lasted me almost 2 weeks.. and I almost killed myself twice. Anyway I ran out and couldn’t find anymore so I went at least 28 hours without fent, and I’m already prescribed 8mg subutexs, I took half of one, still felt like shit, took another half and then I started sweating, my whole body was freezing cold, I kept throwing up and this all happened while I was at work! So had to leave work I work in food industry I definitely couldn’t do the basic needs of my job, so my manager told me to go to the ER & sent me home… I obviously didn’t go to the ER considering I knew exactly what was happening, but thank goodness my HB had a blank doctors note I could have. Anyways long story short you definitely need to wait longer than 2 days to even consider taking subs.. I know you may be feeling shitty most likely you definitely are but I’m telling you it’s not worth making yourself feel 100x even worse!
Yep. I gave up on subs a few years back after 80-96 hours without fent and the subs still throwing me into pw.
After not being able to induct successfully, I decided to cold turkey to get out. That was probably the worst two weeks of my life, especially after 17 years of hardcore IV nj illicit opiate/opioid use.
I currently only use cannabis (legal state) and I’m almost positive it’s the reason I’ve been able to toe the line successfully.

Life after active addiction is possible.

you can keep using fent and take suboxone IF YOU MICRODOSE IT starting at like a 16th of a 2 mg patdh 1/day while maintaining fent habit, then double the dose and lower your fent until you get to around / almost <8mg and on that day stop fent and keep taking 8mg subs up to like 32mg until you dont feel THAT sick. (my doc wanted me to fully stop fent after 1wk, i went longer almost 2 weeks. ) i ended up taking 24ish mg subs the first and second days, i think it was too much tbh and I did feel like shit for like 3 days but I was abble to work and I did worked long every day on those three days which helped some. 15ish/day blues habit plus black 1g+ per day occasionally. Its good to have lots of 2mg subs as well as 8mgs to do this.