• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

microdosing shrooms and/or acid for anxiety and depression? what are your experiences? and can I benefit from shrooms right now?

some say no others say yeah, as far as treating depression.

I would not mix with prescription antidepressants, (wean off first if you want to micro-dose)

I do not think micro or mini doses will force depression to flower any more so than curiosity, pleasure, satisfaction, or other positive outcome may flower or not. The extra boost in energy, can help a lot, and the sense of difference - feelings in the body through the day will be a reminder to you that you are working on making life better.

That is about it.

As for easing into macro-doses, I cannot help you there.
Each time you jump into that cold water it is a huge shock, one you have to embrace as you are committed for 8 hours.

I think they work better than anti depressants because it's less perminently invasive on your brain chemistry but much more long lasting mental state changes.

I sometimes take micro/ mini doses when I feel like I need to give myself a different outlook on my situation.

Honestly though they have great impact when you take them on a day where you wake up already feeling great; it usually keeps me in that state all day and then lasting into the week

Just try it out and see how it works for you!! Just remember that it's not a cure; it's a guide. The real work come from within. But believe in yourself:)
Good luck!

Maybe have a look here:

No, you can't. Antidepressants work way different.

I wouldn't be so certain about the way psychedelics may or may not treat depression just yet. The way they affect the brain is extremely complex, and the psychedelic science renaissance is only just beginning to scratch the surface of their therapeutic value.

I caved in and started an antidepressant prescription. tbh the real reason i wanted to try microdosing was not only to manage my anxiety but work my way up into tripping. not sure if it works like that?

Sure. Microdosing is just a less intense version of the same effect you get at higher doses. I think it's smart to work your way up to bigger trips gradually, if that's your end goal.

I wouldn't be so certain about the way psychedelics may or may not treat depression just yet. The way they affect the brain is extremely complex, and the psychedelic science renaissance is only just beginning to scratch the surface of their therapeutic value.
Yes agreed, I was kind of attempting to redirect some of the expectations

Im on 5mg Cipralex, for migraine control , im not depressed...but now im wondering if i micro-dose(lsd) will this make the effects LESS b/c of the cipralex?...or is it such a low dose it wont matter? :unsure:

Works for maybe 3 days after for me, whether micro or macro dose. However, I experience rebound anxiety that is far more intense than my general anxiety. And the higher the dose, the more intense the rebound. I'm currently in the process of trying to hammer down a schedule. I try not to go more than 3 or 4 days without a dose, and I haven't been able to go 7 days without anything yet. I'm considering very micro, daily doses next, with macro doses as needed.