Microdosing Melanotan 2

JohnBoy2000

Bluelighter
So I'd been experiencing issues with higher doses of MT 2.

However, given the dramatic improvement in life quality being type 1 skin with MT 2 use, I wasn't prepared to simply drop it completely.

And the issue might be here:

- I initially order a vial of MT 2 from some defunct supplier who probably pulled a 6 year old vial out the back of their fridge.
It was MT2 but it's potency was pathetic.

- I then ordered from canadian supplier x-peptides. 2 vials, the first vial seemed to be okay (first out of the pack, sneaky sneaky), but the second vial seemed completely bunk and unfortunately I got sunburned quite good where I hadn't with the same sun exposure on the first vial.

- Then I read a thread on the UK-muscle forum of a dude claiming China/alibaba MT2 was incomparable to western suppliers and the tan effect was ridiculous - attributable to perhaps storage or it travels badly or what, who knows?
But actual direct from China MT2 potency was vastly superior.

So I ordered from Alibaba and indeed the tan effect was flawless, never any redness or burning.

But I was using 500 mcg usually and used to get stomach cramping and nausea - and then emerged other intolerable side effects which meant my typical use was no longer viable, albeit I'd got an awesome tan as a pasty type 1 skin type - always-burns, never-tans.

So, I started night time dosing to mitigate the side effects and whilst this helped, they were still present.

I was having to knock down the dose more and more and more - 250 mcg, too high; 200 too high; 150 even - still too high (and this was night time....).

Last few days I'd being dosing 100 mcg which seemed to be the side effect threshold - some sides maybe, hardly noticeable.

BUT - moment of truth, will it work in the sun?

Or will I simply burn like I did previously with the low potency vials?

100 mcg last night - 4 hours today in the blazing heat of the sun.....

Not even a red streak,

thumb_very-nice-great-success-great-succes-borat-very-nice-50474139.png

Huge relief cause fuck it, paleness is death - it sucks, immediate passion killer etc.

It would have been horrible to have to go back to being pasty.

The half life comes into question - 1 hour, but it's biological effects seems to be documented as lasting 36 hours (does anyone have an explanation for why/how this is?)

MT 1 half life is a few minutes, and it's biological effects about 1 hour.

Bottom line is to me - a good source and legit potency is critical, despite the general opinion that MT2 tends to be consistent irrespective of source, to someone as sensitive to it as I am - a good source has been IMPERATIVE.

From here,
- 100 mcg is tricky to measure on the insulin syringe so, I'll be reconstituting future vials with 4 ml's of bac water vs the original 2 such that each IU is 25 mcg vs conventional 50;

- and I'll continue to play around with doses lower than 100 mcg to gauge their efficacy, 75 mcg, 50 mcg etc.

I had investigated on reddit with some users and, hair loss does seem to happen in a small number of cases, maybe with me also, maybe it's natural thinning but I doubt it cause my hair has always been super thick up until MT 2 use commenced.

Lower doses may preclude this also.

As one reddit user mentioned, "MT 2 is a very powerful chemical, that seems to get overlooked overtimes" - and my opinion is, with legit product, high doses may be less necessary that I originally considered.

That being said, users here have mentioned experiencing superior results with higher doses - is there a dose "receptor saturation" in some cases?
That's the issue when there's been no large scale trials and clinical investigation.

But to this n=1 study thus far, 100 mcg dosed the night before sun still = effective.

Last edited:
75 mcg dose last night - 2 solid hours of blazing sunshine today - zero redness/burning.

Unsure yet if it elicits the same tan results, but it has reduced side effects.

Oddly, even at 75 mcg, there are small residual side effects.

Tonight, 50 mcg, then 25 mcg is the lowest I can go.

4 mls of bac water doesn't actually fit in a melanotan vial - I could only squeeze 3.7 ml in there.

Transferring melanotan to another vial - does anyone have experience with this?

Apparently it's done regularly for nasal spray use, just reconstituting and transferring to a nasal spray bottle, but there's little documentation on whether it impacts the effectiveness/integrity of the peptide.

Transferring MT 2 to another larger vial - anyone insights on this?

Aw hell - just used an old bac water 10 ml vial to reconstitute 10 mg of MT 2 with 8 ml of bac water - as per nasal spray protocol.

Means the usual 1 IU = 50 mcg MT2;

Has become 1 IU = 12.5 mcg MT2 - better accuracy for lower dosing.

Down to 75 mcg MT 2 today and all good, no burning - couple days heavy sunshine forecast for my area, so hope I can get the optimal dose (no burning, no side effects) sussed before the summer wraps up entirely.

Edit: yesterday 50 mcg night before, 4 hours blazing sunshine - nothing but tan.

Minor side effects still present at 50 mcg.

25 mcg last night - hardly noticeable but still present side effects today.

Last edited: