View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Microdosing continually

AiR-

Greenlighter
How long can you microdose continually every day?

And what effects should one notice during this microdose? Just asking to make sure to get the dosage right

And will the effects fade after long term use (if so, how long?)

I have also researched and gone over all the safety precautions using mushrooms for depression.
I have been using psychedelics responsibly for the past 2 years all without problem and think now I should try microdosing as I read it can be more effective at treating depression.

I'm asking about whichever psychedelic you have experienced microdosing

Thank you.

Last edited:
How long? Well, depends on the substance.

The effects also depends on the substance, but generally you may feel nothing to a very slightly mood boost and minor changes in how do you process the world

Shrooms are a sub optimal choice for two reasons: 1-the potency is quite impredictable. 2-Are quite short acting. For microdosing a 5ht psych I would go for a lisergamide or some 2c with near 12h activity (like 2ce)

How long? Well, depends on the substance.

The effects also depends on the substance, but generally you may feel nothing to a very slightly mood boost and minor changes in how do you process the world

Shrooms are a sub optimal choice for two reasons: 1-the potency is quite impredictable. 2-Are quite short acting. For microdosing a 5ht psych I would go for a lisergamide or some 2c with near 12h activity (like 2ce)

Well what substance do you have experience with? any will do.

Thanks.

I have to disagree with the statement of long acting psychedelics as the "best" for microdosing. While duration of the psych does effect the overall longevity of the effects you may experience (the short term ones, there are more subtle long term effects as well) the drug itself will effect exactly what you experience in those days or weeks after.

I've always believed microdosing is to be done only when needed and not scheduled, this keeps your tolerance to such effects more sensitive. But there are times multiple sessions are needed to fix the problem at hand.

I've most of my experiences microdosing with the traditional 4, DMT, Psilocybin (and 4-AcO which I lump together), Mescaline, and LSD.

DMT I use the most often as it's effects are powerful and immediate, best for completely wiping out depressive symptoms and for immediate migraine relief. Effects are typically only felt for a few days but it gives time to get yourself back in order and the few times I've been in a really bad place, one or two 5-10mg DMT sessions (pure white fluffy, typically this type is gentle compared to waxier/orange extracts) and it doesn't ever return. 4-AcO/Psilocybin seems to work equally well (4-AcO being superior IMO for many reasons including like stated above, unpredictability with the Psilo) and longer lasting but aren't great if you have a busy schedule like mine and can't be in a semi tripped state for work or at night when sleep is a must. Even a microdose will keep me up at night, and my work is hard enough sober.

LSD is a different animal. Yes it will help to some extent with depressive states I find the effects from microdosing tend to be more analytical and thought provoking in nature. It provides this newfound sense of motivation to do tasks you had previously lost interest in or sparks creativity in a way. The afterglow short term effects after one session can last a week or two. It's a double edged sword I find as I dive into something new and profound or have some great idea only to fall out of interest a week or two later, this may be where I need to bend my rules a bit and try dosing every week for a month or two but my personal state may not be able to take it.

And finally Mescaline. This beautiful substance is the only one I can take and still function normally without stress, I can function on any drug even at standard/high doses just fine. I proved that at a high school dance after drinking a fifth and popping some ecstasy before walking only to run into the principal and the school cop who I chatted theirvasses off for 15min without incident lol. Anywho I digress, there's a difference between functionality and being completely calm and at ease while doing so, Mescaline allows for this.

A day on a microdose of Mesc goes like this.. You have this feeling like everything happening that day has purpose and place, you gain incredible patience and literally feel the underlying flow that connects us all and with that frustrations fall to the wayside. The afterglow is similar to LSD, 1-2 weeks. It comes with increased patience and understanding, increased love for the human race as a whole, pretty much in general just makes you an all around better person.

Mescaline is the only one I could see myself dosing regularly as it's proven very safe in repetitive dosing, and for my life and I'm sure many others this type of change is always needed. Patience and understanding are sorely lacking in this world, I'm sure microdosing Mescaline on a global scale would completely change this planet in the most positive way. Just my opinion though I suppose..

Now again all of these can be used interchangeably for all the purposes listed above, it's just that some drugs do it better. I'd highly suggest if microdosing often to stick with longer used psychs with highly proven safe track records.

To help if you do decide dosing often. I'd personally do like so.

DMT: Every 2-3 days
Psilocybin/4-AcO: Every 4-6 days
LSD: Every week
Mescaline: Every week

To find the psych right for you look to standard dosage effects and duration and you can typically extrapolate what exactly it'll do for you in a microdose level. Don't microdose empathogens, doesn't work for long and in the end the goal is to transform ones self not a simple bandaid. (Don't get me wrong they can have lasting positive effects, they just aren't found with microdosing and research shows it's actually more neurotoxic with MDMA than a single normalish dose.)

Hope that helps a bit, both myself and others don't use microdosing as often as we used to, it seems something many try but don't continue. The only drug I still microdose semi regularly is DMT for post empathogenic depression or seasonal, and for treatment resistant migraines (works like a charm I might add, and then you drift right off to sleep.)

These drugs are amazing :)

-GC

Last edited:
i use very small doses but not to treat anything specific, more because I like it.
small doses of salvia divinorum from daily to weekly depending on schedule
quarter tabs of 1p-lsd or equivalent every 3 days more or less.
some wine or tequila once per day maybe