Writing-up Microdosing Classical Psychedelics & Cognition

MHarris_UCF_Psych

Greenlighter
Do you microdose with LSD or psilocybin? Would you like to contribute to scientific research on the topic? Please consider taking part in this 30-minute study investigating microdosing and information processing. Your participation is voluntary and entirely anonymous, no information about your identity will be recorded. You must be between 21-45 years of age to participate. The task is also meant to be performed between 2 to 4 hours after you have microdosed. You must use a computer to complete the study, and you are not eligible to participate if you do not have access to a computer.

This research is being conducted by researchers in the Department of Psychology at the University of Central Florida. For more information, please contact the Principal Investigator, Dr. Daniel McConnell, Daniel(dot)mcconnell(at)ucf(dot)edu.

Study Link: The recruitment period for this study has ended. We thank those that participated.

Our final date for data collection of the project is 3/12/21. Thank you to those that have participated.

Last edited:
Hello everyone,

In respect of some of the community guidelines that I have just reviewed following a recent post for a new study, I wanted to briefly introduce myself. I am an undergraduate psychology student at the University of Central Florida interested in the effects psychedelics have on perception and cognitive processing. For anyone with certain questions or comments, please feel free to comment here and I will do my best to maintain a steady rapport with everyone. Thanks!

Also, not sure if you’ve seen this but wanted to link it for you.

Also, not sure if you’ve seen this but wanted to link it for you.

Looks like a lot of good material. Will certainly be parsing through it regularly!

Do you microdose with LSD or psilocybin? Would you like to contribute to scientific research on the topic? Please consider taking part in this 30-minute study investigating microdosing and information processing. Your participation is voluntary and entirely anonymous, no information about your identity will be recorded. You must be between 21-45 years of age to participate. You must use a computer to complete the study, and you are not eligible to participate if you do not have access to a computer.

This research is being conducted by researchers in the Department of Psychology at the University of Central Florida. For more information, please contact the Principal Investigator, Dr. Daniel McConnell, Daniel(dot)mcconnell(at)ucf(dot)edu.

Study Link: https://pavlovia.org/run/mjharris/sers_microdose
Ethical Review Information:
On 1/28/21, The University of Central Florida Institutional Review Board approved a determination for this study under the classification of human subjects research exempt from IRB review according to federal regulations ((HHS)45 CFR 46.104(b)). Determination was provided following a review of the study documents and explanation of activities outlined in the research protocol.

Ah just saw that you have to be currently microdosing. I am not today, but will do this survey the next time I am. :) Tomorrow perhaps.

Ah just saw that you have to be currently microdosing. I am not today, but will do this survey the next time I am. :) Tomorrow perhaps.
Thank you for your attempt! Since you've mentioned that, I will request approval from my advisor to change the "official" post so that it is clear right from the get go.

Also, as the thread builds, I should just mention that upon completion of the study, I will be posting a copy of the final report to the forum so that any findings are accessible.
Perfect that’s what we ask you to do anyway. Best of luck with it.

Also, as the thread builds, I should just mention that upon completion of the study, I will be posting a copy of the final report to the forum so that any findings are accessible.
Much appreciated and look forward to reading the report and adding it to Completed Studies. BL has been discussing micro dosing for quite some time and other studies have done well. I hope you enjoy great participation.

Last edited:
Do you microdose with LSD or psilocybin? Would you like to contribute to scientific research on the topic? Please consider taking part in this 30-minute study investigating microdosing and information processing. Your participation is voluntary and entirely anonymous, no information about your identity will be recorded. You must be between 21-45 years of age to participate. The task is also meant to be performed between 2 to 4 hours after you have microdosed. You must use a computer to complete the study, and you are not eligible to participate if you do not have access to a computer.

Study Link: https://pavlovia.org/run/mjharris/sers_microdose
Your study/survey software does not work on a mobile phone at all, and it does not look secure at all.

Your study/survey software does not work on a mobile phone at all, and it does not look secure at all.
We thank you for the attempt! Yes, the experiment is specifically designed to be run on a desktop PC or full size laptop as stated in the experiment description. Mobile devices or tablets will not work.

As far as appearance, in order to effectively record and output data with microsecond precision, specific software for psychological experiments has to be utilized. The software prioritizes response accuracy above formatting, and does not provide a wide range of additional features. Thank you again for your time in trying it out.

The need for microsecond data requirement and response accuracy could be because they may intend to look at analysis of volunteers biometrics. Some scientific research from many years ago explored eye movement and honesty during interrogation. It was researched by the US Air force among others and eventually deemed not reliable but was adopted by some in LE and others in NLP. Today with a quality photographic camera or other remote graphic cameras its possible to detect small changes in a subject that reveal previously undetectable anatomic and physiologic changes due to natural or induced stimuli. Blood pressure, eye movement and facial muscle contraction are some of the ones frequently looked at.

iMotions for Academic Research - The World's Leading Biosensor Platform

My age 69 disqualified me
My dosage regime disqualified me - I started the App before dosing, you must begin participation when you are 2-4 hours into your micro-dose and younger than 69