• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Microdosing Barbiturates

xfluffy27

Greenlighter
Hello I'm new and there is limited info about what I'm doing.

30mg NoDoz (caffeine) in the morning.
I use 20mg to 40mg of Focalin a day.
1mg Lunesta at night.
1350mg Lithium at night.
200mg Lamictal in the morning.

I stopped my SSRI 6 months ago and my anxiety has turned extreme. I need a stimulant for many reasons so it is my core medication. I was a heavy Dexedrine user in the past but got a GeneRX study that showed I was a poor metabolizer, so I switched to methylphenidate. (GeneRX studies are ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY for anyone and everyone). We are all different and switching from Dexedrine to Focalin saved my life.

Don't ask me how but I stumbled upon pure butalbital, not Fioricet. I experimented with Amytal and it was the most dangerous thing I've ever done, however butalbital is schedule III and I decided to take extremely small doses. 50mg butalbital is in one pill of Fioricet and I'm talking about 5mg to 7.5mg microdosing every 4 hours.

The past week it's like all my passions have returned, I can be normal and I'm much happier. I struggle with taking way more Focalin than I need, but methylphenidate doesn't bring me the euphoria Dexedrine did, however I believe Focalin is the right med for me medically. The butalbital actually maintains my Focalin dose so I don't need to take as much!

Weirdly I'm trying to get off cannabis gummies 20mg a day due to fertility issues. I'm wondering if I can microdose butalbital to comedown off cannabis. There may be an option for light phenobarbital if I end up using this medium supply of butalbital for any potential withdrawals.

My question is... How sketchy is this? There is NO information and I will admit that the rarity of this situation may limit the advice I get.

Let me know if you have any comments.

Best regards

Hey😀I wanna md barbs too👍...but ain't got at all....may be there are in hospitals only.not prescribe anymore barbs anymore....'cause the med is too old,with narrow terapeutical window,very easy to OD on it,dangerous combos...etc...but for me-that is a real sleep pill-no hangovers,good sleep,muscle relaxer....we got in the past a med with three compounds-total alcaloids of Atropa,Ergotine&25mg phenobarbital.An antimigraine pill,sedative too...well with only two of this slept very good.....and use it in needs.vut no longer produced....like many other good meds

Why not just use benzos? How different are small doses of barbs to benzos?
That was before benzos were in common use.
Librium was first, not too great as I remember. Miltown was used, I always wish I had gotten to try that. It's one of the metabolites of Soma. (Meprobamate)
Then Valium came into common use. They were all "safe and non-addicting" alternatives to barbs as a tranquilizer.
I do think a benzo will calm you more, "safe and non-addicting" aside.

I was asking ppl if they still prescribe dexadrine. I take Adderall but in 04 I was living with a fella who got 120 I don't know the MG. But I was always hyperfocused but I was gobbling them down. I like Adderall but it's lost its power. Doesn't mean it's not completely useless however it's got a habit of making me a little anxious which the dexadrine never did but that was before all my trauma. I can smoke ICE and take a Lyrica and be fine. Some reason Adderall has that side effect.

I was asking ppl if they still prescribe dexadrine. I take Adderall but in 04 I was living with a fella who got 120 I don't know the MG. But I was always hyperfocused but I was gobbling them down. I like Adderall but it's lost its power. Doesn't mean it's not completely useless however it's got a habit of making me a little anxious which the dexadrine never did but that was before all my trauma. I can smoke ICE and take a Lyrica and be fine. Some reason Adderall has that side effect.
Dexedrine destroyed 2 years of my life. I loved it like a friend.

That was before benzos were in common use.
Librium was first, not too great as I remember. Miltown was used, I always wish I had gotten to try that. It's one of the metabolites of Soma. (Meprobamate)
Then Valium came into common use. They were all "safe and non-addicting" alternatives to barbs as a tranquilizer.
I do think a benzo will calm you more, "safe and non-addicting" aside.
Would love to study Miltown

Report.

None of this is in my possession, yet someone I met has acquired relics of the past.

What I had is actually butabarbital or Butisol Sodium. I took less than 100mg every day and I think due to the half life it built up in my system. I felt like I was drowning in a sea of apathetic depression every day. It works great, but over time it builds.

So I switched to shorter acting ones. The Seconal is much better. I can see why people say it's the best. I started at 25mg and worked my way up until I felt comfortable with a full dose. I only have one beautiful red left.

What I decided to try was nembudonna from 1978. The active ingredient is pentobarbital and scopolamine. It hit me right away but faded quickly. 15mg pent capsules with two beautiful As marking the Abbott brand.

I've averaged about 120mg barbs a day with 1mg of Lunesta at night. There is something about the barbiturate class that doesn't make me sleepy... I can sleep at any moment on them if I wanted, but they are so raw and blunt they act nothing like new age sleeping pills such as Ambien. (I love love love love love love love Ambien. Every 2 hours wake up and take two 10s).

I think I'll be comfortable with my tolerance to pursue Tuinal in the near future. Tuinal is 100sec and 100amy... I'll only feel comfortable with it once my tolerance slowly builds. That sucker is hard to the freaking core. Can't wait though.

To me I'm studying the relics of our past. The barbs are far outdated and very sketchy. I'm angry and emotional everyday. They aren't some hidden gem of life... However feeling this way makes me relate to what people went through in the 50s 60s 70s. It's fascinating to be in their shoes, in the rarest of experiences. The curiosity factor is much higher than the pursuit to get high.

I will probably not end up trying aprobarbital or Allonal although I've seen the tablets in person.That med is almost 100 years old.

The nembudonna I took was unopened still with it's seal. It seems to be as fresh as an unopened bottle of 1978 nembudonna could be. The scopolamine makes it interesting.

Other than the adventure of living out eras of the past these meds are not much to be raved about. I'd take Seconal any day but it's just not worth it in comparison to the meds today. They kind of make you feel drunk, the reports are true. It's not the same as drinking at all really, but there are specific aspects of the CNS depressant that can be compared to alcohol.

People ask why don't I take benzos... Well for one the opportunity to try these is the primary reason. The experience alone is worth negative side effects.

Trust me I'll write a paper about it when I'm done.

Proceed with caution. I used to be addicted to Fioricet, so I know how seductive the barbs can feel (there’s Tylenol in these things too, which is why my liver is tucked. But you said yours was pure, so probably that’s less of a concern)

Damn, I miss the smooth feel of the butalbital. That made my shitty situation seem alright for years. But probably I would’ve extricated myself sooner, had I been sober.

I've never had any barb but phenobarbital and Fiorecet. None did anything but made me feel worse. I wasn't around in the 70's so I couldn't see what the hype was. But there mainly obsolete for a reason. It's because they where killing ppl. Benzos can be just as dangerous if taken off too quickly but I've down so many and not once became unconscious and needed medical help. Those RC benzos tho will kill you.

I've been as careful as possible. And the access to these is limited. I can see why these are addicting. There's this anger and anxiety that builds up inside and o haven't been the type of person I've wanted to be. The relief they give is perceived to be a lot at first, but they sort of seem like a lie. Again some similarities to alcohol. This is more of an adventure journey than it is self pleasing one. There were families in the 60s who had parents addicted to these things. It's crazy to experience. They are like the sand paper of sedatives. They will smooth you out if they can grind you down first. I will use the Butisol to withdraw, even though my experience with the harder barbs will only last about 5 days. I wouldn't advise anyone it's "worth it" but I have a passion for two things, history and chemicals. To experience it at all opens up windows to the past, and I'm starting to learn for many people in our country, these windows were sad places

I've never had any barb but phenobarbital and Fiorecet. None did anything but made me feel worse. I wasn't around in the 70's so I couldn't see what the hype was. But there mainly obsolete for a reason. It's because they where killing ppl. Benzos can be just as dangerous if taken off too quickly but I've down so many and not once became unconscious and needed medical help. Those RC benzos tho will kill you.

So I realized I had Butisol not Fioricet, but if Fioricet is anything like Butisol the effects is underwhelming. It definitely works, but isn't any better than librium or Valium. It took about 5 years of research before I decided to actually inquire about this experience. Luckily I've only had access to small amounts of things that were tucked away for years. I've never let myself pass 150mg a day of any barb, however when I first started that was a lot. The tolerance goes up every single day. For me it was just doses of 25mg seconal for a few days, then I could take 50mg. I have 1 more 100mg left and I'm going to take my last one as a full dose. I can't imagine being Marilyn Monroe and having unlimited access. With tolerance also develops this weird feeling of not wanting to go to sleep because the dose isn't strong enough. It's incredible to think how many people over the course of decades were exposed to something so brutal and abrasive

Hello I'm new and there is limited info about what I'm doing.

30mg NoDoz (caffeine) in the morning.
I use 20mg to 40mg of Focalin a day.
1mg Lunesta at night.
1350mg Lithium at night.
200mg Lamictal in the morning.

I stopped my SSRI 6 months ago and my anxiety has turned extreme. I need a stimulant for many reasons so it is my core medication. I was a heavy Dexedrine user in the past but got a GeneRX study that showed I was a poor metabolizer, so I switched to methylphenidate. (GeneRX studies are ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY for anyone and everyone). We are all different and switching from Dexedrine to Focalin saved my life.

Don't ask me how but I stumbled upon pure butalbital, not Fioricet. I experimented with Amytal and it was the most dangerous thing I've ever done, however butalbital is schedule III and I decided to take extremely small doses. 50mg butalbital is in one pill of Fioricet and I'm talking about 5mg to 7.5mg microdosing every 4 hours.

The past week it's like all my passions have returned, I can be normal and I'm much happier. I struggle with taking way more Focalin than I need, but methylphenidate doesn't bring me the euphoria Dexedrine did, however I believe Focalin is the right med for me medically. The butalbital actually maintains my Focalin dose so I don't need to take as much!

Weirdly I'm trying to get off cannabis gummies 20mg a day due to fertility issues. I'm wondering if I can microdose butalbital to comedown off cannabis. There may be an option for light phenobarbital if I end up using this medium supply of butalbital for any potential withdrawals.

My question is... How sketchy is this? There is NO information and I will admit that the rarity of this situation may limit the advice I get.

Let me know if you have any comments.

Best regards
Barbiturates increase the metabolism of Lamictal.

This may result in lower than expected levels of Lamictal.

Butalbital has a half life of 35 hours. At doses of 7.5mg every 4 hours, you are going to reach an accumulated equivalent dose of ~120mg steady state.

Lamictal is a substrate of CYP3A4, and will slow metabolism of butalbital to some degree, as will grapefruit juice.

This can lead to unexpected sedation.

Maintaining that level of serum butalbital will likely lead to tolerance and dependence very quickly.

Butalbital/caffeine/paracetamol preparations are for as needed migraine relief, and are not intended for continuous use.

Barbiturate withdrawal can be serious and include seizures like alcohol withdrawal and benzo withdrawal.

I would like recommend against continuing this course of action.

Barbiturates increase the metabolism of Lamictal.

This may result in lower than expected levels of Lamictal.

Butalbital has a half life of 35 hours. At doses of 7.5mg every 4 hours, you are going to reach an accumulated equivalent dose of ~120mg steady state.

Lamictal is a substrate of CYP3A4, and will slow metabolism of butalbital to some degree, as will grapefruit juice.

This can lead to unexpected sedation.

Maintaining that level of serum butalbital will likely lead to tolerance and dependence very quickly.

Butalbital/caffeine/paracetamol preparations are for as needed migraine relief, and are not intended for continuous use.

Barbiturate withdrawal can be serious and include seizures like alcohol withdrawal and benzo withdrawal.

I would like recommend against continuing this course of action.
Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately I had to appease my curiosity and have experienced up and down eye movements and severe loss of coordination. Water has helped.

I drank very little water while moving yesterday so I'm hoping it's just dehydration.

I bought a large antique lot which contained many different barbs. It wasn't until 5 days ago I started experiencing the effects. I was microdosing for a month because I wanted to be cautious. The Allonal seemed the strongest weirdly. But only came in 16mg doses. 1938 was how old it was. I know it is all a risk but my curiosity just got the best of me.

The most I ever did in one day was 3 days ago of maybe 600mg over a day. I know the half life can be up to 40 hrs. Before that I had only used 300mg of sec pento amy combined a day.

I'm noticing that butabaebital or Butisol is causing the most side effects. I'm not sure if I will experience withdrawals. Due to anonymity I don't want anyone, doctors or hospitals to know. There was Luminal in the bunch too. The rest is all gone but I'm starting to get worried. There's very little information.

I appreciate your research because it brought a lot of clarity.

My conclusion is that the scientific community is right. There are safer and much useful sedatives. These are ancient, however it has been interesting experiencing what innocent people in the 30s - 70s had to experience. Just imagine the ones who were big drinkers. Just imagine how many people may have passed, been abusive, unresponsive to kids... So many under reported.

Thanks again I really do appreciate it

I did 21 days of max 100mg/day butabarbital (once I stopped I felt MUCH better but used pento and seco to break out of the butabarbital concentration because of the short half life) to 100mg - 250mg a day for 14 days of seco/pento in the form of nembudonna/and light amy... Then to 200mg - 400mg per day for 5 days of Amytal.

I have butabarbital (which I don't like) and pheno... How would a chemical withdrawal step down look? Luckily I didn't have much of each but am absolutely terrified of a serious withdrawal. I'd assume 100mg barb is equal to 1-2mg of Xanax in terms of physical dependence, that's just a guess on experience.

I read 30mg pheno per 100mg barb use a day. Lessening the pheno by 30mg a day is the way they chemically withdraw. Have I used enough to have serious withdrawals? I really don't like the long half life ones because they build up. The past two days I've been able to take 50mg amy every 12 hrs and then I'll run out. Am I just freaking?

I'm not going to lie I felt like small doses for the first 28 days only exasperated anxiety and GI pain. It wasn't until I started using therapeutic dose, 100mg - 200mg that I felt the calming effects. I've only been taking those dosages for maybe 10 to 14 days and only using short to intermediate barbs

I did 21 days of max 100mg/day butabarbital (once I stopped I felt MUCH better but used pento and seco to break out of the butabarbital concentration because of the short half life) to 100mg - 250mg a day for 14 days of seco/pento in the form of nembudonna/and light amy... Then to 200mg - 400mg per day for 5 days of Amytal.

I have butabarbital (which I don't like) and pheno... How would a chemical withdrawal step down look? Luckily I didn't have much of each but am absolutely terrified of a serious withdrawal. I'd assume 100mg barb is equal to 1-2mg of Xanax in terms of physical dependence, that's just a guess on experience.

I read 30mg pheno per 100mg barb use a day. Lessening the pheno by 30mg a day is the way they chemically withdraw. Have I used enough to have serious withdrawals? I really don't like the long half life ones because they build up. The past two days I've been able to take 50mg amy every 12 hrs and then I'll run out. Am I just freaking?

I'm not going to lie I felt like small doses for the first 28 days only exasperated anxiety and GI pain. It wasn't until I started using therapeutic dose, 100mg - 200mg that I felt the calming effects. I've only been taking those dosages for maybe 10 to 14 days and only using short to intermediate barbs
The only concern I would have for you is that if you start to withdraw it's not clear that Lamictal would protect against seizures as it has no action with respect to GABA levels, and no action at the GABA or BZD receptors.

If you have a benzo that's moderate acting like Ativan or even Klonopin or Valium, that would probably be optimal to help you taper off the barbiturates you've been using.