View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Micro dosing

kenlee

Bluelighter
I suffer from ptsd because of a series of traumatic events and I read a lot of positive things online about psychedelics for ptsd treatment so I’ve decided that I will give it a go, the only trouble is that I’ve had truffles when I was in Amsterdam and I found them really hard to digest and I end up with tummy pains for a while after. I am wondering if there any way to counteract the tummy issues, I ate them whole last time.

also could you dehydrate truffles in a food dehydrator?

Hey again kenlee, good to see you back. :)

When you say "a while after", do you mean just a long time during the trip, or do these feelings persist after the trip fades?

The former is quite normal, I think, but the latter maybe less so. Are you able to eat non-psychedelic mushrooms without issue? Just trying to understand the likely source of the nausea, if you get it from other mushrooms then obviously it's more likely a mushroom issue rather than a drug issue, and the latter is very common due largely to the large volume of serotonin receptors in your gut.

In either case, though, there are a few things you could try. The simplest would be to consume them with an empty stomach and see if that makes a difference. Failing that, maybe try preparing your truffles in a different way, blend them up and mix them into a milkshake for example to see if that makes a difference. You could also try some natural anti-nausea options, ie, ginger, mint tea, probably there are some others. Or if you're OK taking a stronger approach, OTC motion sickness pills are reported to help combating the nausea on a lot of psychedelics, ie, dramamine, diphenhydramine...

I don't actually have experience doing this myself as I'm lucky enough that very little makes me throw up - although psychedelics obviously do for many people - I had a mate a while back basically projectile vomit on a fairly low dose of metocin... twice actually. But I would expect any one of these options to help, definitely the medicine, if all else fails, although you should as a general rule try the more gentle approaches before adding in more drugs, even such benign and mostly CNS-irrelevant ones such as dramamine.

Not really familiar with how a food dehydrator works, to be honest but if it does it gently I would think it would be OK... ie, not too hot, not too much agitation... again though not 100% sure about this, I would think any potency degradation would be very minimal but hopefully someone else can chime in.

EDIT: One more thing as I just noticed you were talking about microdosing - if you are microdosing properly, ie, dose almost to entirely impercceptible, do you think the nausea would still be an issue? Because I would think it would likely also be negligible to nonexistent.

I recommend getting a mdma thepary for PTSD. Then getting into mircodosing shrooms every 4 days.

I tend to Tolerate Cooked mushrooms. With the magic truffles I ate 1g and got i indigestion and heart burn for a a few days but I heard that gridding it could make it easier on the tummy. I don’t really want to experience a trip although maybe one day I will, but when I had a small dose in the past I didn’t get any visuals but music sounded better. My plan is to take 1g again and preserve the rest and maybe make it a regular thing, eventually I might move on from truffles to mushrooms but I got to get my head around that.

I recommend getting a mdma thepary for PTSD. Then getting into mircodosing shrooms every 4 days.

I would worry about taking mdma I wouldn’t feel safe, truffles are mushrooms I don’t think have caused death but I think mdma has and that makes me uncomfortable.

No worries i assume you are from the netherlands? they have guides that have retreats in netherlands that could help with your ptsd that use truffles or mushrooms.

Maybe poor description, honestly I was on a lot of etizolam when I wrote that, also suggested diphenhydramine, an antihistamine, which seems to be also nonsensical.