View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Micro dosing or normal dosing for depression/opioid addiction

rick24wag

Greenlighter
I've been on suboxone for a few years after getting hooked on oxy after a car accident. I just don't feel"right". No real enotions or passion. I need to try other means. I've done all Dr stuff, meds, meeting, therapy and my mind just feels cloudy and dead. Getting off subs is very hard and I wish I never started. I need to do something. I have a great family, wife, kids and they had me. I'm 43 and tripped at least 60 times but all before the age of 23. I was wondering if anyone has used psychedelics (lsd,mushrooms) to battle opiod or depression. Dosage, how many times, what to focus on during trip. I only had 1 bad experience before and really enjoyed the rest. I'm just existing now, wasting valuable time. I need to break through this and live again. I've read great things about iboine and ayhiwaska. If you have info that experience that would be great as well. I'm not looking for a hook up just everything else. Thanks

I've been on suboxone for a few years after getting hooked on oxy after a car accident. I just don't feel"right". No real enotions or passion. I need to try other means. I've done all Dr stuff, meds, meeting, therapy and my mind just feels cloudy and dead. Getting off subs is very hard and I wish I never started. I need to do something. I have a great family, wife, kids and they had me. I'm 43 and tripped at least 60 times but all before the age of 23. I was wondering if anyone has used psychedelics (lsd,mushrooms) to battle opiod or depression. Dosage, how many times, what to focus on during trip. I only had 1 bad experience before and really enjoyed the rest. I'm just existing now, wasting valuable time. I need to break through this and live again. I've read great things about iboine and ayhiwaska. If you have info that experience that would be great as well. I'm not looking for a hook up just everything else. Thanks

I know plenty about recovering from a traumatic accident and opiate addiction. I would recommend tryptamines esp if you take UA's for your treatment (and if you want to do something that will not allow redosing often). I personally have studied disso microdosing and it has actually allowed a lot of self reflective moments to piece together the puzzle of life. Hope this helps.

I know plenty about recovering from a traumatic accident and opiate addiction. I would recommend tryptamines esp if you take UA's for your treatment (and if you want to do something that will not allow redosing often). I personally have studied disso microdosing and it has actually allowed a lot of self reflective moments to piece together the puzzle of life. Hope this helps.

Thank you. I do get tested for my subs but now it's maybe once every 4 months. I get a 30 day supply. Since LSD or mushrooms can't be seen in a UA I would use those. Any advice on amount , how often to take, things to focus on? I really appreciate the help

I have used psychedelics to combat this disease we call opiate addiction. I’ve never been able to get off Suboxone but psychedelics have helped me taper down to the .75mg I take today and I hope I keep pushing the dose farther til one day it hits zero..

The psychedelics mainly help get me out of any ruts I happen to fall into, especially depression which leads to less motivation to do the things which help with it and it’s a cyclical pattern.

Mescaline and DMT I believe are the ones you should be looking at the most. Mushrooms are too stern a teacher for where your at right now, and LSD in my opinion is more about creativity and mind expansion than personal growth.

They can all work just some work better than others. Just recently had a guy who was extremely depressed have a complete 180 with LSD too so yea..

Start low. Space your doses out as far as you feel comfortable. Safe set and setting. And use any afterglow you may obtain to better yourself in any way possible. The more you exercise, the better you eat, the easier it’ll be to taper that Suboxone.

What dose are you on currently?

-GC

Maybe have a look here:

Im on methadone, have been for years. Im pretty successful and have a great family and wife, kids. I have been researching microdosing ibogaine or similar plants, as Ibogaine is almost impossible to get in the US. I have some Voacanga Africana that i am going to work with.

This is not something that should be done in a cavalier manner though. I will report any results.

How would DMT or any tryptamine psychedelic be used? Is it the afterglow that allows you to skip a dose? If so, I could see DmT could be helpful in low sub breakthrough doses.

Dissociatives work because of their action on the same pathways involved in tolerance buildup and dependence

I think it would be the afterglow period that would allow you to skip a dose, or reduce your dose for some subsequent days or possibly permanently. Tryptamines seem to be good tools for hitting the reset button on habits. I get the feeling that ibogaine takes this property to an extreme, but that it's still present in cheaper, safer and easier to obtain tryptamines like 4-AcO-DMT.

I noticed anti-addictive properties with 4-AcO-DMT, but for me it was around mild food and alcohol excess, which isn't as powerful an addiction as opioids. Nonetheless, I think there's something to it, and there's new research with the closely related psilocybin coming out lately that backs this up.

The most functional and useful compounds to me, which this varies person to person, are Arylcyclohexylamines - mainly ones related to ketamine. The 2 best options being Methoxetamine or 2-Oxo-PCE - they are much more functional compounds - to me - than LSD or tryptamines. In my opinion, they are the future of Opioid/Opiate dependent and addicted individuals.

Once you know how you react to them, they are extremely functional especially at low doses, 5mgs less is plenty to restore passion into your life and the beneficial effects tend to last anywhere from 3 days all the way up to 2 weeks depending on your tolerance and experience with these compounds. They also potentiate Opiates/Opioids and for a couple days after you can even take less of your Suboxone or whatever else you're prescribed.

They are also a viable option for completely quitting Opiates and getting thru the withdrawals. They almost completely get rid of the worst of the withdrawals (Restless legs, Depression, Sore Muscles, Lack of Energy and Drive). MXE helped me get thru the withdrawals from almost 5 years of Buperenorphine Dependency on Subutex and helped me mentally overcome the addictive part of my dependence to IV Heroin which last almost 10 years, 5 years daily and 5 years of chipping.
They are amazing compounds for addiction recovery - especially Opiates - and can literally turn your life around quick or in a more positive direction. Also, based on the recent research on Ketamine there is a very good chance that they help to repair damaged neurochemistry and get your brain back to working properly after discontinuing the medication that you're prescribed.

If you need something daily to get thru the months of Bupe Withdrawals/PAWS and overall negative symptoms, they are very adaptable when used daily at a low dose, there is almost zero psychedelic or dissociative effects noticeable and the little bit that may occur with people sensitive to these compounds is easily controllable with an equally low dose of a Benzodiazepine - especially Diazepam (Valium) as low as 2.5mgs being effective for myself.

Just an alternative path if you feel inclined. Do more research for yourself but they are amazing compounds and not terribly hard to find either. Best wishes to the OP. Peace.