Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Michael Bay

Michael Bay films are little else but eye-candy. one should see his films with no other expectation than to see shit being blown up and super-hot chicks.

hey, we agree about something.

it's slightly annoying to me when people say obvious things about how crappy micheal bays' films are. well, duh. it's not meant to be thought-provoking. it's meant to be action-packed and special effects-laden just for fun.

them chicks are what the media term "hot", they look (and "act") like mutants to me.

what does transformers have to do with Casey Anthony again? you lost me.

michael-bay-south-park.png

Whaaat that bitch was guilty

anything written and or directed by luc besson are fantastic.

Sorry but I strongly disagree. Besson is the french Michael Bay, and deserves to be tortured by insects as much as Bay.

There is no such thing as a perfect or even close to perfect adaptation from a book to a movie and especially from a comic book/cartoon to a live action movie. There will always be plot holes, someone will always find issues with this or that and not everyone will be happy with the final product. Sometimes you have to look for and expect what the movie really is, entertainment. We all know what Michael Bay is known for so to complain now, after 3 movies, is a bit silly.

Obviously, I am no super fanboy but I am a lifelong Transformers fan. I'm still pissed at my mom because of the mysterious disappearance of all my Transformer (and Star Wars) action figures and I cried at the end of the original 80s movie when OP died. Hell, it hurt some when he died as the plot for part 2 of the latest trilogy. But at no point did I expect there to be some high brow acting or Oscar worthy performances.

To quite Joker from TDK: "Why so serious?" ;)

Just be happy that Bay didnt create some cringe worthy character like Jar Jar Binks. :!

Sorry but I strongly disagree. Besson is the french Michael Bay, and deserves to be tortured by insects as much as Bay.

all he does is popcorn action, but his action is actually well designed and his stories are simple but effective.

not bumble bee tuna

but bumble bee camaro

Bumble_Bee_Camaro.jpg

02-bumblebee-2.jpg

bummmbleee is my favorite!! he's like the me of the transformers. not fully there in the head but always wanna help out.
he so funny..

dunno the other transformer dudes are sweet to, there used to be like one toy that shot little plastic missiles (and was a transformer) which i always seemd to lose the rockets and made my own devices.

^ did you see the first transformers movie? what did you think?

alasdair

Was about as far as it should be allowed to go. I was really turned off by the really poor acting, stupid 1 line jokes, over sexification, and swearing - considering the entire thing was marketed heavily (and rated for) children.

I also have sensitive hearing and the sounds were so loud in the theater that I was getting a headache.

my favourite is the transformer who turns into a pack of cigarettes.

Was about as far as it should be allowed to go. I was really turned off by the really poor acting, stupid 1 line jokes, over sexification, and swearing - considering the entire thing was marketed heavily (and rated for) children.

I also have sensitive hearing and the sounds were so loud in the theater that I was getting a headache.
if that was your experience of the first movie, why on earth would you waste your own time and money seeing the second one? did you really expect it to be so different you might enjoy it?

alasdair

Last edited:
if that was your experience of the first movie, why on earth would you waste your own time and money seeing the second one? did you really expect it to be so different you might enjoy it?

alasdair

Somebody else at my house rented it so I put it on, got an hour in and turned it off. Figured I'd give it a shot.

if i saw a movie i hated that much, there's no way i'd give a sequel 'a shot'. seriously, did you think it was going to be any different?

:\

alasdair

if i saw a movie i hated that much, there's no way i'd give a sequel 'a shot'. seriously, did you think it was going to be any different?

:\

alasdair

yeah you said this one already.

so he had some spare time, and made a silly decision to sit through something quite likely to be shit, how does this affect the quality of these films or the discussion at hand?

had he not bothered, the alasdairm comeback would be something like "don't criticise it unless you see it", and since he chose to bother, you're still giving him shit over it?

grow up, man.

I've seen all three at the cinema now. The first one was bearable, and the action scenes got my heart beating and the kid in me saying "wooooah". Pretty much all of the dialogue was cheesey and annoying. And the characters were little more than pieces of cardboard. Sometimes cardboard with racial stereotypes sprayed onto them. But at least the story seemed to progress in a somewhat logical manner.

I went and saw the second one because my friends were going. I'm glad I went because I like hanging with my friends. But Jesus, what a piece of shit. It had all the problems of the first one, but then the story became pointlessly convoluted and muddled.

I just spent 3 hours in the cinema watching the third one. Not only was I subjected to all of that again, but this time I came out with a headache because of the 3D glasses. Yes their was some impressive action scenes. But why did they bother with all of the story setting scenes? It seems like they spent way too long trying to establish plot elements when everyone knows that's not why people go to see the film. It was just all over the place.

Michael Bay films are little else but eye-candy. one should see his films with no other expectation than to see shit being blown up and super-hot chicks.

Yes, shit being blown up is what I expected each time. I'd actually have enjoyed the third one more if they'd spent less time on the story. The story was just painfully bad anyway.

There is no such thing as a perfect or even close to perfect adaptation from a book to a movie

I personally think that the film adaption of Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas was close to perfect. I refer to it as "better than the book". While acknowledging that it needed the book to exist.