• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Miami face-eater thread

But wouldn't bath salts only stay in your system for a couple days at the most? Could that be why there weren't any in the toxicology report? Weed is there for a while, of course.

Media is always looking fo new drugs to shun and scare the public with...

Always sounded like bullshit. But is it possible, if he was on bath salts, that there was a unknown RC in it? Or would that have shown up in the toxicology report?

Dr Bruce Goldberger, director of toxicology at the University of Miami, said while the coroner's office is known for its thorough work, it would be a challenge to keep up with the pace of new formulations for synthetic drugs.

"There are many of these synthetic drugs that we currently don't have the methodology to test on, and that is not the fault of the toxicology lab," Dr Goldberger said.

Could have been some unknown RC then.

^So, yeah, probably still "bath salts." He did have a bunch of pills in his stomach that were ... something. Assuming they tested for the ingredients known to be sold as bath salts it wasn't mephedrone, MDPV, or methylone -- all of which, I think, were illegal in the U.S. at the time of the attack.

Sleep deprived stimulant psychosis + an inherently violent disposition (I believe his former wife said he was violent) = face eating. Doesn't quite add up cleanly of course, but stimulant psychosis may have very well been involved. It's good that the media is spanking itself for this a little, but it's still possible some newer synthetic stimulant (I blame "Eric 3") played some role. This may be moral panic combined with prohibition pushing profit hungry chemists into evermore untested waters (oh yeah, also Rudy being a closet cannibal maniac).

The Consumers Union Report on Licit and Illicit Drugs
by Edward M. Brecher and the Editors of Consumer Reports Magazine, 1972
44. How to launch a nationwide drug menace

Go read it.

This is fucking textbook stuff happening today.

this is a great article/chapter.

No Bluelight/Erowid/Wikipedia back then to set people straight.

I know why the toxicoligy report came back negative besides THC.

The answer is: Jenkem! And it's tha shiiiiiiit.

The truth may be out, but the initial panic that was widespred by the media isn't going to go away. That whole thing got senators and congressmen watching and pushing even harder for regulations, Bills, of every known psychactive ingredient in those stupid bath salt blends.

I bet some DEA guy or vice cop is sitting back laughing and feeling pretty satisfied and accomplished because he planted the bug in the medias ear.

which has confirmed the absence of ‘bath salts,’ synthetic marijuana and LSD.”

They were specifically looking to blame this on a research chemical.

DEA NEW MOTTO " Scheduling chemicals without science since the 1970s "

I guess it was just plain old schizophrenic psychosis.His family did say he was paranoid often like the world was conspiring against him.Guess he finally snapped.

I did wonder if maybe he was having heat exhaustion/stroke from walking in the hot sun. They can cause delirium.

Did they test the pills in his stomach?They'll probably say it's some new shit they can't test for. Maybe some RC in a fake pharm or fake ecstasy? Or maybe the 2012 Mayan zombie apocalypse is upon us8o?

I think, with the benefit of retrospect, that the cops could have just ganged up on him, smacked him in the head with a nightstick, and restrained him. Though if there wasn't enough cops at the scene and the dude's ripping a guy's face off I could understand why lethal force had to be used.

If the pills were still in his stomach, then he wouldn't have any effect from them? So why would that matter? Unless I'm wrong of course.

If the pills were still in his stomach, then he wouldn't have any effect from them? So why would that matter? Unless I'm wrong of course.

Eh... you COULD be wrong. I dont know if he had capsules, ghetto pressed pills, pharm grade pressed pills or continuous release tablets... With continuous release tablets he could have suffered some type of effect from the active ingredient without the entire pill dissolving. Many people are found with nearly whole pills in their stomach when they overdose on large amounts of MScontin or oxycontin. If it were capsule then it is much less likely that he would have felt the effects of what was inside, also, he would have had to eat them a moment before he attacked because they dissolve in the stomach in roughly 30 minutes.

It only makes sense that they found some type of pressed pill or continuous release pill.

This is my main question right now... they have told us that he was on NO drugs aside from marijuana but, what was in his stomach???!!!

It makes me sick how misinformed the media is about drugs in general. My god, they are acting like these "bath salts" are a magic drug that works on a whole new mechanism of action from the popular drugs that have been around for decades or even over a century. Do these moron not know they just mimic the same actions as say cocaine, or amphetamines, or cannibinoids, and don't activate a blood thirsty human cannibal in the brain lol. God the media is so misinformed, that or completely corrupt.

lol, what a month...

dead man ate part of homeless man's face
man skinned himself alive
man cut open his abdomen and threw his intestines at police
man broke several of two cops' bones.
man tried to eat a dog who died
ny woman wants to go cannibal
woman urinated on 30 million dollar painting
man bashed eldery woman with shovel then claimed he's an alien who can talk to jesus
woman climbed electricity pylon after smoking skunk for 4 hours
man makes meth inside walmart

What did I miss?

Luka Magnotta

Man films the brutal murder and dismemberment of a Chinese man, then shoves a dildo up his ass and whacks off with the dead dudes arm. He then sends the body parts to schools and political offices all over the country, before finally caught thousands of miles away overseas in Germany.

Da Phuck.

I think the whole world ends in 2012 thing is making schizo people especially paranoid and crazy.