• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Methylphenidate VS Amphetamine

Methylphenidate did not produce a desirable high to be honest, after using in any consistent manner made me feel ‘dirty’. Much better to chase stims like Dextro, Vyvanse or the Ice Queen.

Lol what’s the ice queeen

The Ice Queen is the irresistible, yumtastic apparition that emerges during a proper ice binge, luring you seductively to her lair to slay you like a succubus and feed on your remains. She is like a Siren to lost sailors....sweet in sound but lethal in reality.

Yeah, if you just want a recreational high, amphetamines are certainly better than Methylphenidate. The huge difference between the two is there isn't much euphoria to Methylphenidate. If you take it by itself, you'll just be on edge and feel wide awake.
If you don't have Gabapentin, kratom or even hydrocodone to go with Methylphenidate, it sucks.

Phenibut is decent with Methylphenidate as well. The key is taking the phenibut first, a small dose, once that kicks in add the Methylphenidate.

I don't recommend messing with any of these for recreational purposes. If you get super addicted, it will be hell trying to quit, especially amphetamines.

Oh so kind of like me ;) just kidding that sounds horrible

i dont know you, but if the profile picture is yours them I am sure any man could easily be lost in your entrancing figure and mind. Ive had many rodeos and unforgettable showcases with rockstar vixens, I cant say I regret those experiences, just the after effects.

Does mirtazapine exaggerate the effect of amphetamine/methamphetamine?

As it does with regular NRI's?

Generally speaking I don't see a contraindication. Maybe at higher doses with recreational doses of meth, but not otherwise. Ask the doc. MAOIs and stimulants are contraindicated but they are given together sometimes. Same with doses of bupropion over 450mg (it lowers the seizure threshold, which was why it was pulled and reintroduced at lower doses).

I've understood amp and an NRI to mostly cancel each other out. You never see amp and methylphenidate prescribed together, or Streterra and amp. They do give straterra and provigil in some cases, but provigil is only a weak DRI, so is only a weak NRI.

Mirtazapine being an autoreceptor blocker - exaggerates the effect of amphetamine?

But if amphetamine reverses the transporters - is it even possible for it to be exaggerated?

Remeron has lots of moa's, one being an NRI.

By *exaggerated* you mean *increased*?

Of course. There are other ways to increase dopaminergic activity. If you don't have a decent understanding of how amp works, do some homework.

More so increase noradrenaline activity.

Question being, do autoreceptors play as significant a role with amphetamine due to its varied effect on transporters, as they do with with a different NRI like say, methylphenidate, or atomoxetine, or any NRI.

And if they do, why isn't mirtazapine more commonly prescribed with amphetamine in ADHD.

Look at the wiki entry for a better explanation of how remeron works......

Look up autoreceptors

If you knew what autoreeptors were, you''d understand. Autoreceptor agonists and stimulants work oppositely.

Hmmm I should be trying my Intuniv with Concerta to see how it works, but I've been using Gabapentin instead to keep a nice balance.

Methylphenidate I found to be more recreational ('fun') than amphetamine but not as long lasting.

Look at the wiki entry for a better explanation of how remeron works......

Look up autoreceptors

If you knew what autoreeptors were, you''d understand. Autoreceptor agonists and stimulants work oppositely.

Do you mean autoreceptor antagonists?

I think a neurotransmitter is an autoreceptor agonist.

I've found Methylphenidate to be much worse than amphetamine. Much shorter lasting, less focus, bigger crash, etc. It's probably better recreationally since the lower adrenergic hit mean less asocial feelings than I get from amphetamines, but it's pretty piss poor as a stimulant compared to amphetamines.

You're not going to get that euphoric high like amphetamines, but if you're using Methylphenidate for ADHD like it's supposed to be, it's fine.

Also there's a difference between Ritalin and Concerta. Ritalin is instant release and Concerta is longer lasting.

I just tried methylphenidate for ADD/ADHD again - last time I tried it was 7-8 years ago, and I did mostly adderall and vyvanse since - and it was total shit for me. It was great because I didn't have the asocialness of adderall, but it wasn't motivating at all. Got on dextroamphetamine instead and hallelujah, best drug I've ever used for ADD/ADHD.

I just tried methylphenidate for ADD/ADHD again - last time I tried it was 7-8 years ago, and I did mostly adderall and vyvanse since - and it was total shit for me. It was great because I didn't have the asocialness of adderall, but it wasn't motivating at all. Got on dextroamphetamine instead and hallelujah, best drug I've ever used for ADD/ADHD.

Yeah, it's all about finding the ADHD medicine that works best for you.